Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Uthor posted:

Okay, that is straight up designed for loving.

Yeah, it even comes with a matching child seat in case someone forgot to use protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

iForge posted:

I had a 2006 Vue with the V6 for 2.5 years. I can confirm that poo poo breaks constantly on these.

The Honda V6 in my parents 04' Vue has been a dream. In fact it's an oddly reliable car.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Unreadable in the dashcam shot, but the plate frame on the Malibu: "CAUTION: I DRIVE LIKE YOU"

I don't think the guy in the pickup got that warning.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Unreadable in the dashcam shot, but the plate frame on the Malibu: "CAUTION: I DRIVE LIKE YOU"

I don't think the guy in the pickup got that warning.

Is the rear suspension/alignment hosed up on the Malibu, too? It might just be the angle from the tow, but it looks like it has a ton of toe-in.

On a related note I generally don't trust the driving abilities of people with stupid aftermarket taillights.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think that's lens distortion from the dashcam, the rear suspension seemed fine enough. It still had its hazards on and that tow truck company gets a lot of the police-called tows.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think that's lens distortion from the dashcam, the rear suspension seemed fine enough. It still had its hazards on and that tow truck company gets a lot of the police-called tows.

Wow, you'd think they would've disabled the battery just in case of leaking petrol

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

iForge posted:

I had a 2006 Vue with the V6 for 2.5 years. I can confirm that poo poo breaks constantly on these.

I was driving a few weeks ago and started to small a caustic burning smell...I frantically looked around my car (I had some lithium batteries in there). Then I noticed the Vue in front of me was belching gray smoke out of the hood and I breathed a sigh of relief.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Wojcigitty posted:

I was driving a few weeks ago and started to small a caustic burning smell...I frantically looked around my car (I had some lithium batteries in there). Then I noticed the Vue in front of me was belching gray smoke out of the hood and I breathed a sigh of relief.

It doesn't make sense to me other than owner neglect though..isn't the Vue's V6 a Honda J35?

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I misspoke, mine was a 2004 that I bought in 2007 with ~36k on it and sold it 2.5 years later around 90k.

In that time it ate the alternator, torque converter, a fuel pump at least 2 wheel bearings, rear wiper motor that I never bothered fixing, something in the power mirror system that I never bothered fixing, power steering pump, 2 sets of front balljoints (though I contribute a lot of that to the lovely roads here), and had a host of various electrical issues that I fixed along the way. I also had to go to the dealer twice to have the tcm flashed twice (free due to a TSB) due to it not shifting properly. Engine ran great the whole time, it was just everything else, and I'm sure I have forgotten some things.

Granted, we are talking about that stuff over 54k miles. Maybe I'm just bitter but that seems like a lot of poo poo breaking. Look at google, there are people that had a worse experience with the Vue than I did, so I am a bit thankful there.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Took me a second to spot it, but drat :ughh:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Root Bear posted:

Took me a second to spot it, but drat :ughh:

This looks like something out of a Kia digital course. Not even kidding.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

FogHelmut posted:

This is terrible. May also be a horrible mechanical failure.

The regular Vue isn't exactly the pinnacle of reliability either - GM experimented with CVTs and their early 5 and 6 speed automatics on them (both Aisin and GM/Ford derived). The only ones I'd consider reliable are the 4 cylinder/manual transmission versions, and only because they essentially dropped a Cobalt/Ion/etc drivetrain in with a shorter final drive ratio. The Aisin transaxles were solid, but since they behaved so differently from what a GM owner expected, they got yanked off the market pretty quick (they were also used in the Ion sedan from 03-04, while the 03-04 Ion coupe got the infamous CVT - both Ions went to the traditional GM 4 speed auto from 05-07).

The earlier 1st gen V6 Vues actually had a Honda drivetrain. :v: And of course, that era of Honda automatics wasn't known for being solid, but the engines were bulletproof.

Really the Vue was all about penny pinching (even moreso than typical GM), and GM also used it as a test bed for transmissions.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Count Freebasie posted:

I have a Ryobi drill that looks just like that.

Thank you. I was trying to work out what that car reminded me off, but just couldn't place it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

88h88 posted:

I do generally like Citroen's wackier poo poo though, their 'store' on the road to the Champs Elysse had this in it when I visited, the Revolte (the joke practically writes itself):

It does however have the BEST rear seat of any car ever, it's basically a wrap around plush velvet bench seat which starts at the passenger door:

It's like a newer Beetle and a Ford Fusion had an ugly retard baby...hell, the white on the roof even looks like a helmet

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9X2-sE4EcU

Guys like this is why I refuse to instruct during lapping days anymore. loving terrifying.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

G-Mach posted:

Guys like this is why I refuse to instruct during lapping days anymore. loving terrifying.

:colbert:
This can't be that bad...
:eek:
/me turns off video

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Aurune posted:

:colbert:
This can't be that bad...
:eek:
/me turns off video

Best part is the "Eat a loving dick you little bitch!" .

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
The stability control/autopilot on that thing is amazing

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

G-Mach posted:

I wonder how long that video'll stay up. With all the negative comments, I can't imagine it'll be that long.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

G-Mach posted:

Best part is the "Eat a loving dick you little bitch!" .

When is this, I don't want to watch the whole thing.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I don't know how he didn't get booted.

The divebomb at 4:52
Traction control saving the loving poo poo out of him at 5:08 while being completely red misted
The complete clusterfuck at 6:00 into "Eat a loving dick you little bitch"
The horn at 6:45 as the 911 passes him on the outside
Divebomb at 6:50
Traction control saves him completely at 14:50

Obviously never driven a car with lower power judging by his complete lack of setting up passes in advance, also why he can't work past the Porsche with 100hp+ less (that, and he parks it in the corners then tries to square them off).

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Rhyno posted:

When is this, I don't want to watch the whole thing.

5:50's a pretty good time to start.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

G-Mach posted:

If that instructor had any coal he could've made some diamonds

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Neptr posted:

What's with the passive hand thing... Like the aggro driver is actually paying attention to the instructor telling him which way to steer? Ueah I'm sure that'll help with his lovely lines.

My favorite comment: "So who was the track day organizer for this? I want to know so I never go to one of their events."

Oh poo poo and at 17:34 he's staring down slower cars as he passed them.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Neptr posted:

If that instructor had any sense of self-preservation he'd quit offering advice on the line and spend his time getting mr aggro to calm the gently caress down or give him the boot.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Mat_Drinks posted:

My favorite comment: "So who was the track day organizer for this? I want to know so I never go to one of their events."

Probably loving speedventures.

edit: Potential moron found:
http://www.speedventures.com/results/Default.aspx?eid=-1999999115

2:17.785
C7 Z06 on Race tires.
Only slightly slower than a BRZ on streets.

nm fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 16, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I don't think that was an instructor...

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

BlackMK4 posted:

I don't think that was an instructor...

Nope, you can see that name signed up for other speedventures in the same car. No time results for some reason. . . .

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
His run group was "AFE2", is that the supercar/exotic group where they put all the rich idiots on track at the same time?

edit:// yes, aFe Power sponsored a run group and borrowed time from Speedventures. So this wasn't a SpeedVentures run group per se

edit2:// meaning this wasn't even the supercar/exotic group, which didn't look like it ran that weekend anyway. It was just a sponsored group, which apparently didn't even have speedventures rules, so it was an open-passing, newbie-welcome, with-passengers session. Yikes.

the poi fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 16, 2015

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

the poi posted:

His run group was "AFE2", is that the supercar/exotic group where they put all the rich idiots on track at the same time?

edit:// yes, aFe Power sponsored a run group and borrowed time from Speedventures. So this wasn't a SpeedVentures run group per se

edit2:// meaning this wasn't even the supercar/exotic group, which didn't look like it ran that weekend anyway. It was just a sponsored group, which apparently didn't even have speedventures rules, so it was an open-passing, newbie-welcome, with-passengers session. Yikes.

Who would think that would be a good idea?

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

G-Mach posted:

Who would think that would be a good idea?

Maybe we'll find out: http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/3644297-ocal-track-event-at-auto-club-speedway-free.html

nm
Jan 28, 2008

the poi posted:

So basically, GT3 dude was showing his girlfriend how he uses this expensive toy and some rear end in a top hat in a corvette is passing him thinking he is god. That's awesome. Its like the time I passed an F430 on hoosier R6 in my station wagon on streets at putnam park it was raining except I don't brag about it

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

G-Mach posted:

This guy drives real cars the way I drive videogame cars.

e; Poorly and aggressively, for those curious

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Slamming into the armco on one turn.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
pretty bad but still doesn't beat the 'kebab gt-r' guy from a few months ago

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

the poi posted:

it was an open-passing, newbie-welcome, with-passengers session

This would be terrifying if it was just a bunch of <200 HP cars on the course, add cars with real power and there isn't a :stare: big enough.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BlackMK4 posted:

I don't know how he didn't get booted.

The divebomb at 4:52
Traction control saving the loving poo poo out of him at 5:08 while being completely red misted
The complete clusterfuck at 6:00 into "Eat a loving dick you little bitch"
The horn at 6:45 as the 911 passes him on the outside
Divebomb at 6:50
Traction control saves him completely at 14:50

Obviously never driven a car with lower power judging by his complete lack of setting up passes in advance, also why he can't work past the Porsche with 100hp+ less (that, and he parks it in the corners then tries to square them off).

"Hold my glasses" 3:07

For extra humor just watch the way he handles the throttle; loving soccer mom commuter throttle control -- it's either 100% or off, even in that long banked turn.

quote:

The only awesome thing in this video is the performance of the Vette in full automatic mode. The downshifting is impressive for a computer.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 16, 2015

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
That's why Vettel is so fast, he's 5/6th Vette

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

He should have mapped the throttle to one of the analog triggers, not the "A" button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

wayfinder posted:

That's why Vettel is so fast, he's 5/6th Vette

Ok, that's pretty loving good.