Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The nice thing is 3rd party poo poo ensures that everyone argues about which figure is the best which means official hasbro one is not scalped to here and back while nobody can make up their minds.

it's only when everything becomes expensive does the hasbro one shoot up in price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Day one purchase for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nqo4cwctqg

edit for better hd source

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Fuckin' :lol:

Hmm I wonder why the official, cheap one isn't as complicated as the ones that are quadruple the price??

It looks like poo poo even compared to other CW figures, and it's not like those 3P figures are ultra complicated, or that part of their higher cost isn't the fact they aren't produced on the scale of a Hasbro figure. I don't expect 3P quality from Hasbro but do you really think that's the best they could do staying within their price point?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

i'm never buying an xbone

You have chosen... poorly.

It's pretty fun living in an episode of Star Trek: TNG, is all I'll say on that subject and let it drop.

catch22 posted:

So we've got CHUG stuff in full swing, a G1 video game....will we get that animated MTMTE movie we all wish would happen?

Crossposting this from TFW, just to fully appreciate how awful CW Long Haul is

That guy in the upper right looks cool. Which third party one is that?

And the CW Long Haul is charming. Like a sumo wrestler.

And they better get John Mulaney for Swerve if they do do an animated MTMTE.

I personally hear Adam Baldwin when I read Whirl but I'm not married to the idea.

Chris Pratt for Rodimus? I dunno, I seem to be listing actors for roles like I was asked to do it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I feel like Whirl should be mildly unbalanced, I'd like Ryan Reynolds personally.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I got an MSXBOXONE to play Rock Band part IV, I have no time for frivolity and type on computer at work all day. How good is this game going to be?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

You could buy an entire combiner wars combiner and then some for a single third party figure.

Yeah, one of the ones made up of Deluxes. Of course there is a price difference (a large one!) but this is a dishonest way of exaggerating the point

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You have chosen... poorly.

It's pretty fun living in an episode of Star Trek: TNG, is all I'll say on that subject and let it drop.

That guy in the upper right looks cool. Which third party one is that?

And the CW Long Haul is charming. Like a sumo wrestler.

And they better get John Mulaney for Swerve if they do do an animated MTMTE.

I personally hear Adam Baldwin when I read Whirl but I'm not married to the idea.

Chris Pratt for Rodimus? I dunno, I seem to be listing actors for roles like I was asked to do it.

It's one of the Giant figures. And funny as Mulaney is he can't act at all. It's unreal how terrible his show is

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

MB13 posted:

Day one purchase for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nqo4cwctqg

edit for better hd source

No Grimlock, no sale :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sockser posted:

They gotta rape us on DLC eventually.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

CW Longhaul is perfectly serviceable IMO

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I love his big fat redesign, arms aside.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, and as mentioned before I'm sure he and Scrapper are getting some good arm replacers. Just hope they don't inflate the upgrade kit with unnecessary poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

catch22 posted:

It looks like poo poo even compared to other CW figures, and it's not like those 3P figures are ultra complicated, or that part of their higher cost isn't the fact they aren't produced on the scale of a Hasbro figure. I don't expect 3P quality from Hasbro but do you really think that's the best they could do staying within their price point?
He's the core of the figure that supports the majority of the weight, I love that they made him into a sumo wrestler instead of his G1 incarnation. Sorry mate.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sockser posted:

Grimlock has already been mentioned as one of the five playable characters, alongside the already showcased Optimus Prime & Bumblebee, with Wheeljack, and Sideswipe joining as well

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

Grimlock has already been mentioned as one of the five playable characters, alongside the already showcased Optimus Prime & Bumblebee, with Wheeljack, and Sideswipe joining as well

Easy to assume they will add more as time goes on.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

catch22 posted:

And funny as Mulaney is he can't act at all.

Unlike master thespian Jerry Seinfeld.

(But yeah his show sucks and Swerve sound like him for sure)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Awww yeah, PS4 as well (which leaves off the Wii U oddly...)

I wonder if a limited edition will actually come with a G1 like figure.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Anora posted:

That's because two of Platinum's games bombed on the Wii-U and Activision hasn't had any success with the system either.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
According to TFW, more gameplay footage should be shown on IGN around 6pm EST.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Uggh, I have to buy SOMETHING to play this game. No consoles, no modern computer. I guess I don't have to choose right now, since the ETA is probably christmas or next year.

THANKS HASBRO!

thanks obama?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Legion class Fix-it is actually kind of fun. Decent posability out of the little guy, though I wish they would have made his drills open like G1 Omega Supreme, just so he could have hands.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

drrockso20 posted:

Grimlock has already been mentioned as one of the five playable characters,

Day 1 purchase.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hopefully it has a storyline too, not just being a brawl.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
If I can play as Megatron or Starscream and mow down wave after wave of Bumblebee clones, I'll buy. I'm not really a video game person but that would totally suck me in.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Believe you're playing as Autobots only.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
NON chinese youtube, more sensably timed devastator videos are starting to appear (chinese video was like pull out one arm, 5 minutes of talking, pull out ANOTHER arm....)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zaa Boogie posted:

Believe you're playing as Autobots only.
Confirmed yeah. You pick one of 5 autobuddies out of the tutorial.

Windblade making it into a cartoon already kinda weirds me out.

Blorp

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

The Wii U is a basically delivery vehicle for first party Nintendo games. There's a "do we make our money back?" formula somewhere in the developer's spreadsheets, and Nintendo can't coast on nostalgia the way Sony seems to be doing.

Vaporware posted:

Uggh, I have to buy SOMETHING to play this game. No consoles, no modern computer. I guess I don't have to choose right now, since the ETA is probably christmas or next year.

THANKS HASBRO!

thanks obama?

The Xbone just got backwards compatibility, with 100 games promised by this holiday season.

A lot of the choices this generation have been in reaction to the Internet/Sony (the Kinect is not monitoring you for the NSA, nutbag!) as opposed to doing their Apple Jr. destabilizing act like they initially attempted, but they're working for it. Plus: Tomb Raider wouldn't be a thing anymore without Microsoft paying for it... kind of like Street Fighter 5 not being a thing without Sony's funding.*

And I cannot stress enough how cool it is to talk to your television like in Star Trek:TNG and have it do what you tell it to do. My home isn't in a particularly quiet neighborhood, but I don't have any problems with it going nuts on me.

I... have opinions about video games.:shrug:

Acne Rain posted:

NON chinese youtube, more sensably timed devastator videos are starting to appear (chinese video was like pull out one arm, 5 minutes of talking, pull out ANOTHER arm....)

So when can I preorder him already?

EDIT: I really see why four out of six of the individual robot modes' arms are so horrible. It all pegs in very nicely in Devastator mode. I see why they did it.

*yeah, yeah, they're both coming out on PC later, but PCs aren't really for the living room. Too clunky. Guests do not like. And Steam Boxes are just consoles for PC gamers who have a thing about consoles yet will pay MORE to get the equivalent hardware in their front room.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 16, 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Windblade making it into a cartoon already kinda weirds me out.

Blorp

Looks like a sailor scout transformation.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Anora posted:

At this point there's nothing odd about a third party not putting a game on the Wii U. Sales of non-Nintendo titles are so bad on the Wii U that Ubisoft has a couple of completed games they haven't released for it because it's not financially sensible to spend the money required to bring them to market.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Devastation gameplay demo. Apologies if it was linked already.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
holy poo poo, a toy with ankle tilts but no elbows

actually they seem to ALL have ankle tilts. confirmed Not Garbage 2k15

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

Devastation gameplay demo. Apologies if it was linked already.

Screw the Final Fantasy VII remake, this is the game at e3 that has me hyped.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

DoctorWhat posted:

holy poo poo, a toy with ankle tilts but no elbows

actually they seem to ALL have ankle tilts. confirmed Not Garbage 2k15

It's like they're a reverse mermaid. Fish head on nice legs.

I hope they release DLC of more characters for devestation, 5 seems good for a Platinum game, but there are a ton of awesome characters that are being left out.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Man, Devastator looks incredible. It's so totally my poo poo! It's EXACTLY what I want every transformer to be. Chunky, with interesting conversion elements, and full of tabs and robustness and OOMPH. I love it. I NEED it!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Devastator looks like poo poo and I hate it. Just want to make sure we have equal representation here.

Now Devastation looks like something I will spend some time with.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheDK posted:

Devastator looks like poo poo and I hate it. Just want to make sure we have equal representation here.
So we have tr to be a crazy speculation guy, and you to make sure you let everyone know what a miserable poo poo you are. What other sorts do we need for the thread archetypes?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

C'mon, he can dislike the figure if he feels like it, right? Don't be like that.

I personally like it more the more I see it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I just wish they made the Constructions a smaller size class so they'd be more reasonable and affordable. I love me some little robots.

I really dig the cel shading style the game has. It's not so much an imitation of what the G1 cartoon looked like as it is an approximation of what the cartoon wished it looked like whenever they actually put money into the animation. Of course, the combat is standard Platinum fare, and absolutely nothing like G1's dramatic clunking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I hope they add at least Jazz and Ironhide as DLC.

Also Ratchet, and Brawn, and Tracks, Hound, Powerglide, Prowl, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod... gently caress it, just give me everyone. Sell me all the DLC. I'll get it.