Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Who What Now posted:

Why are you even reading this comic, again? Isn't it a little too Tumblr for you?

No, I agree. This shtick was old from the moment it started. I can't imagine how this character is going to be important. Maybe as a part of Rose's arc, they certainly seem to have caused her a lot of internal strife.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
Anyone else thing that John from Homestuck is going to have something to do with Cat Woman? Probably... John from homestuck kicks rear end.... Good rear end poo poo in the homestuck thread today.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Finally someone says what we're all thinging

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Why are you even reading this comic, again? Isn't it a little too Tumblr for you?

Jesus dude, Jasrosesprite is not that integral of a character, chill

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

Anyone else thing that John from Homestuck is going to have something to do with Cat Woman? Probably... John from homestuck kicks rear end.... Good rear end poo poo in the homestuck thread today.

Uhh yeah, he already schooled her quite thoroughly in Ghostbusters canon, god it's like you didn't even read this update :rolleyes:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
jasprosesprite is awesome, grumpy assholes need to get outta this thread

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

F yeah, John from homestuck!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Nephthys posted:

I really, really, really hope Jasprosesprite doesn't let Gamzee out of the fridge.

:bang: You nailed it. She has to let Gamzee out, and then it's a test of reflexes to see who gets prototyped next.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gamzee will not be let out of the fridge now. Vriska will throw him into the ocean as she said, an after civilization ends he'll emerge to raise the cherubs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Because I'm interested in seeing how it ends, if it ever will. I'm sorry for mentioning that I dislike a single aspect of this massive comic.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Zoe posted:

jasprosesprite is awesome, grumpy assholes need to get outta this thread

this is trickster mode bullshit all over again

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Trickster mode bullshit was neat (in an unsettling way) to me and it luckily ended quickly. I'm sure this thing will be the same.

I like it but I understand if people don't.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
John Homestuck needs to get his freaking poo poo in gear

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

paranoid randroid posted:

He sure set Jasprosesprite straight about that misinformation regarding Ghostbusters though :smugbert:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Classtoise posted:

He sure set Jasprosesprite straight about that misinformation regarding Ghostbusters though :smugbert:

the cheshire cat is not as all-knowing as it thinks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This sounds like the tagline to a Die-Hard-esque 90's action movie

e: clockwork-themed for the gear pun

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's worth noting that everybody else is :-O at Jasprosesprite^2 's antics, so we can reasonably assume that her actions are not endorsed by the narrative. This update made me laugh, so it is officially praiseworthy and nobody is allowed to differ.

Re cherub sex, it's important to clarify the reasons behind the Caliborn/Calliope duality, and it's also important that cherub sex is a Möbius double reacharound.

It's also just a bunch of writing about fake sex. I don't actually believe anyone born in the last 40 years actually gets upset or disgusted at any of this harmless poo poo.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's also just a bunch of writing about fake sex. I don't actually believe anyone born in the last 40 years actually gets upset or disgusted at any of this harmless poo poo.

Really I think it's more just the knowledge that no matter how ridiculously convoluted and stupid it gets, someone, somewhere, is missing the joke and furiously masturbating to it instead.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's tragic that they didn't elaborate on lucky charms nearly enough.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Jasprroseprite^2 is going to end up combined with dead Calliope and Gamzee. This is my prediction.

Edit: half of Gamzee

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Jasprroseprite^2 is going to end up combined with dead Calliope and Gamzee. This is my prediction.

Edit: half of Gamzee

My guess is that the combination will be Calliope, JaspRosesprite^2, Vriska and Jane. This is mostly based on the dream the Mayor had which links Vriska to the green sun and to Serenity, who Calliope took the form of to talk to Roxy. Jane is linked to Vriska because of Nannasprite missing an arm and an eye, and she's linked to the green sun via the image Caliborn sent her when trying to hit on her. I'm guessing they will be stuffed into the rabbit, though that is getting less and at the same time more plausible the more I try to figure out how it would work.

The whole thing is rather crazy, there's enough weird and unresolved plot poo poo floating around that anything can happen at this point. That's probably why Homestuck is fun to speculate about, there's endless theory fuel.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Homestuck is finally laugh out loud funny again and some of you boring nerds want it to stop?

Cat Mattress posted:

Seriously though I don't believe Nepeta'll be back. I'm still holding on for a sprite of the bunny and Irrelevant John.

Last sprite is green, it's totally going to be Nepeta.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I hope it's Nepeta and Calliope because Calliopeta is fun to say

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Japrosprite's teleporting powers are a sprite thing, right?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

paradoxGentleman posted:

Japrosprite's teleporting powers are a sprite thing, right?

No, she's getting around via dimensional windows. She does seem to be able to conjure those at will, much like how Nannasprite was able to conjure items to help John in battle, so effectively it amounts to the same.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Uh,that is somewhat odd since neither of their halves are associated with dimensional windows.

If Jasprosesprite does resurrect one of the trolls, it might as well be Nepeta for the purpose of the "Nepeta is not an important character" joke. Hussie might even be able to squeeze a bit of character development for Arquius by having his Equius half react to his original moirail.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jun 16, 2015

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Well, they're from Roxy's sprite, and Roxy is associated with them. It's the commutative property of thematic inheritance.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

She's an entirely new kind of sprite, and all the previous sprites didn't really seem the sort to experiment anyway. For all we know they all could have been doing this, or she could be able to conjure whatever she likes.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Duodecimal posted:

Well, they're from Roxy's sprite, and Roxy is associated with them. It's the commutative property of thematic inheritance.

Furthermore, Roxy threw a bunch of cats through windows, so that's a cat thing now I guess.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Window portals are heavily associated eith the zoologically dubious, a small but still extant part of Jasprose's makeup.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
So do you think Dave and Dirk still haven't talked somehow, or they had a discussion but it was skipped?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ice_Mallet posted:

So do you think Dave and Dirk still haven't talked somehow, or they had a discussion but it was skipped?
My money's on sitting side by side in stony silence. Possibly with a side of Dave's staring at Dirk's tight-clad legs.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ice_Mallet posted:

daveanddirkarefunnyguys.txt

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

paradoxGentleman posted:

Uh,that is somewhat odd since neither of their halves are associated with dimensional windows.

It doesn't matter if it's somewhat odd, the windows are plainly visible every time she hops to a new location.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm glad that we have this obnoxious monkey cheese distraction to save Homestuck from anything resembling a finale.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Plom Bar posted:

It doesn't matter if it's somewhat odd, the windows are plainly visible every time she hops to a new location.

I wasn't doubting the existance of the windows, I was just commenting on how odd it was that a sprite developped access to something that neither of their halves are associated with.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

I wasn't doubting the existance of the windows, I was just commenting on how odd it was that a sprite developed access to something that neither of their halves are associated with.

Maybe it's the Squared thing.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

I wasn't doubting the existance of the windows, I was just commenting on how odd it was that a sprite developped access to something that neither of their halves are associated with.

Nannasprite was able to conjure a bunch of random poo poo from John's house. Presumably Rosesprite can do the same.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Now, hopefully this new abomination is gone and we get back to the important parts of the story, like Vriska.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

Now, hopefully this new abomination is gone and we get back to the important parts of the story, like Vriska.

surprise, is jake and tavros instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

surprise, is jake and tavros instead

Rather have more Cheshire Rose tbh

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 17, 2015