Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Kyte posted:

You sure it's not an addon?

Speaking of, mages guild on consoles is going to be brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Kyte posted:

You sure it's not an addon?

I was sitting in front of an oven in Craglorn and watching a conga line of victims moving in to use it, only to disconnect. Also were people warning others not to use it. The same thing happened at other cooking stations I tried in other regions, too.

Rukulaz
Apr 18, 2005

Mr. Thumbs Up
Thanks for the feedback. Templar it is! Now to spend way too much time in character creation deciding things like mouth height and hand size.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
I think I got missed for the guild invites on ps4, so could someone send NSASpyMachine an invite whenever they have a chance?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Did my provisioner writ in hopes of getting one of the new recipe bits. Crashed when opening my Provisioner's Pack VI

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Scyantific posted:

Did my provisioner writ in hopes of getting one of the new recipe bits. Crashed when opening my Provisioner's Pack VI

Yeah, probably best to hold off on poo poo until the crashes are fixed. I just loaded it up, crashed pretty quickly and said 'oh yeah, maybe better not to fight it today until they hotfix it, probably tomorrow'

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Herr Corrector posted:

Made you GM. It was your idea to start the guild anyway. And I think all invites are caught up.

:psypop: What did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO?!?! :psypop:

Cool, not necessary, but thanks! I think you made all officer ranks able to invite, so I'll keep it that way.

Also I think it's fine to invite friends if you want to vouch for them, unless anyone has any real objections to this.

I've sent out invites to Extree and NSASpyMachine. If I missed anyone, please just repost here or send me a message.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

They're working on a hotfix, but no ETA when itll be ready. Guessing the EU patch is delayed for now.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
So I think my friend and I are going to pick this up sometime in the next couple weeks. is there an Xbone ebonheart guild?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Mizuti posted:

I was sitting in front of an oven in Craglorn and watching a conga line of victims moving in to use it, only to disconnect. Also were people warning others not to use it. The same thing happened at other cooking stations I tried in other regions, too.

Yeah a while after posting I went to the forums and sure enough there was a warning to not do anything involving recipes.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Big Centipede posted:

So I think my friend and I are going to pick this up sometime in the next couple weeks. is there an Xbone ebonheart guild?

There's an xbone guild, and we're mostly ebonheart. Just hit someone up when you get it: we've mostly all posted our GTs, and we can all invite.

TheBugDog
Aug 2, 2004

Yes, Yes!
If anyone in the Xbox Ebonheart guild could throw me an invite (GT: AGARNETT) I'd greatly appreciate it.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Can i still get an invite for the NA Xbone guild? Or do you have to be in EP? (I'm DC). Gt is doridori240. I missed when i posted before that it was primarily EP.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Added you both

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
I'm not on yet, but my GT is DollaGeneral, if you want to add me ahead of time

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Baron FU posted:

I disagree with the WoW comparisons. Combat is far removed from WoW's tab targeting where you have 30+ abilities on your bars. It's much closer to a normal elder scrolls game than it is to WoW.

And it plays great on a controller.

Also the class system is much different. Much more room for customization

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thinking about picking this up for ps4. What's soloing like? doable? I just wanna wander around and throw fireballs.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

coconono posted:

thinking about picking this up for ps4. What's soloing like? doable? I just wanna wander around and throw fireballs.

The only stuff that requires a group to do is the group dungeons and trials (12 man raids), and some stuff in Craglorn which is kind of an "end game" zone. It's very solo friendly.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, they've narrowed the reasons for the crashes down to something having to do with recipes. So as long as you don't go near a cooking fire or hover over a recipe in your inventory you'll be crash free.

Talos help you if you loot one from a mob though.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Scyantific posted:

So, they've narrowed the reasons for the crashes down to something having to do with recipes. So as long as you don't go near a cooking fire or hover over a recipe in your inventory you'll be crash free.

Talos help you if you loot one from a mob though.

It's more than just recipes. Just looking at potions/food/drinks in my inventory invites a crash.

The entire consumables section is a hazard as far as I can tell.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Anyone on ps4 gotten a dialogue box that says press and hold r2 to exploit? Can't figure out what I'm supposed to do, it just launches a heavy attack. Is this a sneak attack thing?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
It's like an attack of opportunity thing. Functionally all you see is a heavy attack but I'm pretty sure it does bonus damage.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
What's the pvp like? Is it like WoW with pvp servers, or is it like there's only pvp in certain events?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Big Centipede posted:

What's the pvp like? Is it like WoW with pvp servers, or is it like there's only pvp in certain events?

Its more like DAoC where there's a whole province the three factions fight over keeps in. There isn't anything like arenas or battlegrounds or dueling.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

It's more than just recipes. Just looking at potions/food/drinks in my inventory invites a crash.

The entire consumables section is a hazard as far as I can tell.

You have something else messing with your item menu then. I was able to access my consumables just fine as long as I had them filtered out so recipes didn't pop up.

Big Centipede posted:

There are several instances of PvP in the PC version, each with different lengths for rewards. PvP itself is more like DAOC and Guild Wars, with Alliance vs Alliance vs Alliance combat.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Berke Negri posted:

Its more like DAoC where there's a whole province the three factions fight over keeps in. There isn't anything like arenas or battlegrounds or dueling.

So no running around and attacking people minding their own business?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Big Centipede posted:

Yeah that happens. You can skulk around in quest hubs and murder unsuspecting pubbies. Be careful though, some of them might bring their fully geared friends and massacre you.

(I should know, I did that to an AD ganker with my Sorc)

Dancebot
May 21, 2007

"Come, follow me," Cthulhu said, "and I will make you fish that walk like men."
Could I get an Ebonheart guild invite on PC? Username is @Dancebot

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

xxEightxx posted:

Anyone on ps4 gotten a dialogue box that says press and hold r2 to exploit? Can't figure out what I'm supposed to do, it just launches a heavy attack. Is this a sneak attack thing?

Interupting certain enemy attacks with a shield bash will leave them stunned. You can "exploit" them by heavy attacking when in this state, which will do extra damage and knock them down.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Big Centipede posted:

You can totally do this in Cyrodiil, just go to one of the PvE hubs and sneak to wait for opposing faction players to show up. Then stab them repeatedly.

Ganking is, of course, a dick move, but it's entirely viable.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Big Centipede posted:

There's quest hubs that offer a set of dailies, and dungeons. So you definitely can go solo and just skulk around picking off unsuspecting people minding their business.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Funkmaster General posted:

Interupting certain enemy attacks with a shield bash will leave them stunned. You can "exploit" them by heavy attacking when in this state, which will do extra damage and knock them down.

To further clarify, there are two ways you can get the exploit dialogue.

-You can block an opponent's heavy attack (signified by yellow lines around their attack frame when they're winding up, leaving them disoriented and open for a heavy attack that will knock them down.
-You can interrupt an enemy as they're casting a skill (signified by red lines around their person), allowing for the same thing.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hey also is there a way to level in this game that doesn't make me actively unhappy?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hey also is there a way to level in this game that doesn't make me actively unhappy?

Spend about a week of off and on trying to find that build that actually makes the game fun and engaging for you.

For me it's resto staff nightblade.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Aoe ginding or quests seem to be the only way to earn significant amounts of experience. I'm happy doing quests, but the lack of leveling options + slow leveling rate really turns a lot of people off. Unless they radically up leveling speed* and/or add new ways to earn worthwhile experience in the future, this doesn't sound like the game for you.

*They just added some things to boost experience gain, but they'll probably be prohibitively expensive and not a realistic option to have on frequently.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
are the people who are crashing on PC?

I'm on the bone and I'm wondering if it's safe to work on cooking

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Mithross posted:

Spend about a week of off and on trying to find that build that actually makes the game fun and engaging for you.

For me it's resto staff nightblade.

Yeah it took me a few characters and several false starts before I found what meshed with my play style. Ended up going generic sword+shield combo because the way the game has you manage blocking and attacking in between popping skills made fights feel more dynamic than "slash slash throw fireball slash".

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
I generally like the "glass cannon" builds. I like sneak attack blasting and running away to attack again. I assumed nightblade would be the best but it looks like you can do that with sorcerers too

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

spacemang_spliff posted:

are the people who are crashing on PC?

I'm on the bone and I'm wondering if it's safe to work on cooking

Just the recent NA PC patch, EU server and consoles haven't got it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Fix just went out. Make sure to relog if you're on PC.

• Locked thread