Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

I was hoping the Blues and Rockabilly packs would go on sale I will take what I can get and hand over all the monies.

Maide posted:

Rocksmith is currently a flash sale on steam. 40% a ton of DLC for 2014 and the original.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221680/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/205190/

e:quote for new page.

Meatlong Football fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The disc import tool is off only 15% but if you get it all now you're paying less than 20 euro for use of all Rocksmith songs in Rocksmith 2014. Pretty nice DLC package in my opinion.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

e:quote not edit.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Aww yeah, discount on the Hendrix pack on Steam now. I can finally play this not on my PS4. :toot:

The Bon Jovi and Foreigner packs are loving amazing, too. I love how well curated Rocksmith's DLC is. :allears:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I am a little disapointed, the Irish pack is not discounted and that is one of the ones I was waiting for. Meh.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
http://amzn.to/1TjKnyY Rocksmith 2014 (Digital Download) is $13.99 on Amazon
http://store.steampowered.com/app/205190/?snr=1_7_15__13 Rocksmith 1 is $7.50!!

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 13, 2015

Choco Happy Ending
Mar 16, 2009

Mmmmfffppphggghhg
So what are the bands/packs most fun to play on bass? Already got a bunch, but more is always better.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Good Bass DLC?

The Sublime set is generally all fun on bass but Santeria is the real standout among them.
Likewise with the No Doubt set. Don't Speak and especially Spiderwebs are both amazing on bass.
Depending on your bass chops and stamina, Duran Duran - Rio and Muse - Hysteria are some really fast songs that will really test your agility in both hands.
James Gang - Funk #49 is a really fun bass line, The Distance by Cake is simple but very satisfying to play, and I Think I'm Paranoid by Garbage is really fun, especially if you played a ton of Rock Band like I did.
How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20 is simple but pretty fast and I find that it's a great song to practice long runs of notes either plucked or picked.
Bill Withers - Lovely Day is a recent song and not on sale but worth looking into for the bass part.

From Rocksmith 2012 DLC:
The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go
The Strokes - Reptilia, Juicebox
Blind Melon - No Rain
Santana - Smooth
Rush - Limelight
Dobie Gray - Drift Away
B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Paris (Ooh La La)
The Black Keys - Mind Eraser

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Choco Happy Ending posted:

So what are the bands/packs most fun to play on bass? Already got a bunch, but more is always better.

If you don't mind a weird tuning "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo" is the best

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

toymach1ne posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205190/?snr=1_7_15__13 Rocksmith 1 is $7.50!!

Awesome! Why does it tell me that it's gonna ship to my house? Also, this is the steam key right?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Akarshi posted:

Awesome! Why does it tell me that it's gonna ship to my house? Also, this is the steam key right?

The code might show up in your Account -> Your Games and Software Library maybe

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...

Akarshi posted:

From the amazon comments, it sounds like they're mailing a piece of paper with your key on it? :confused:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
welp I bought like $100 worth of rs1 dlc I should be good for a while

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Just spent $70 on DLC this game you guys.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This is tricky because while I don't actually like much of the dlc music it can be surprisingly fun to play.

Like Knights of Cydonia, it's fun to play all those ridiculous epic parts and I get a decent finger workout.

Anyone know some others along those lines that would make a lovely player feel like a rock god while still getting some training?

Going to get some Clash songs for sure.

E- no not that vvv

Snowy fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 14, 2015

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Snowy posted:

This is tricky because while I don't actually like much of the dlc music it can be surprisingly fun to play.

Like Knights of Cydonia, it's fun to play all those ridiculous epic parts and I get a decent finger workout.

Anyone know some others along those lines that would make a lovely player feel like a rock god while still getting some training?

comedy Uplay unlockable Tak Matsumoto song option

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Number Thirteen is really fun for that, it's pretty simple once you get the triplet feel down, while still being a challenge to power through it. Sounds cool too

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

toymach1ne posted:

Maide posted:

From the amazon comments, it sounds like they're mailing a piece of paper with your key on it? :confused:

It doesn't look like it's for sale through the main RS2014 page on Amazon and the link seems to be a third-party seller(?) I know I was interested, but I'd feel better getting via Amazon if only because I'm not 100% sure when I'd be actually activating the code.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Verizian posted:

As for ASIO4All breaking the cable it's because an application is trying to lock down the cable with exclusive mode or it's preventing Rocksmith from locking it down, either way this can stop the device from working.

As you can see here I've disabled the Rocksmith cable in ASIO4All so I can play the game, my 5.1 speakers connected to the Realtek device however are being used by another program and cannot be locked down by ASIO4All so it puts a big Red X through them. The tooltip shows the rocksmith cable is in idle mode, I had to add an arrow because Printscreen doesn't capture the mouse cursor.

Nah dude I know about all that. I disabled exclusive mode and rebooted my entire machine and literally nothing I did after ASIO4ALL was installed would get it to detect. Exclusive on, exclusive off, rocksmith, external applictions, nothing. Total 100% silence.

spamman posted:

Just spent $70 on DLC this game you guys.

Same :retrogames:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 14, 2015

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.

Dewgy posted:

The Bon Jovi and Foreigner packs are loving amazing, too. I love how well curated Rocksmith's DLC is. :allears:

I don't get the same feeling for bass but most exciting bass is not necessarily in the rock world where people get their favourite guitar things from and the game is more guitar-centric. I'd love to have some Motown and a big heap of jazz.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Snowy posted:

I'd like to since Rocksmith 1 definitely seems to have the superior tracks. But again they're listed for windows only and I run this on a mac. The in-game store offers only 2014 songs iirc. Would I just be throwing money down the drain if I were to buy them?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'd like to since Rocksmith 1 definitely seems to have the superior tracks. But again they're listed for windows only and I run this on a mac. The in-game store offers only 2014 songs iirc. Would I just be throwing money down the drain if I were to buy them?

Nope. RS1 export and original DLC all work in RS2014. You need to own RS1 on Steam for the import tool to do anything for you but it works. I think you need to own RS1 to buy its DLC, but that might be fixed now.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dewgy posted:

Nope. RS1 export and original DLC all work in RS2014. You need to own RS1 on Steam for the import tool to do anything for you but it works. I think you need to own RS1 to buy its DLC, but that might be fixed now.

Oh awesome. Ok. Seems like my wallet is going to take its last punch this summer. I have the tool so this should work like a charm. Thanks.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

So I just bought a bunch of RS1 DLC (and have in the past as well), anyone remember how to make Steam download it for RS2014?

Edit: lol never mind, it just magically showed up in-game with no indication from Steam. :downs:

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 14, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Uhhhh so I bought freebird and neither the rhythm part nor the lead part plays the slide guitar main melody. And there's no alternate parts.

What the loving poo poo is this? :psyduck:

Its not hard to play even without a slide if you have enough gain. You're killing me here Rocksmith.

Schpyder posted:

So I just bought a bunch of RS1 DLC (and have in the past as well), anyone remember how to make Steam download it for RS2014?

Edit: lol never mind, it just magically showed up in-game with no indication from Steam. :downs:

Yeah, as long as you have it owned and you have the import tool installed it should just kinda automatically work :iiam: I think the import tool secretly contains all the DLC from RS1 or something, because there's no download for those but if you get RS2014 DLC it downloads it.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Should have asked about Free Bird it's one of the first DLC charts ever and also has a multitude of problems

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

toymach1ne posted:

Should have asked about Free Bird it's one of the first DLC charts ever and also has a multitude of problems

Oh well only cost me like $1.70

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

toymach1ne posted:

Yeah, a lot of the early Rocksmith 1 DLC was kind of sketchy. The developers were still trying to decide how hard they wanted to gamify their tracks vs sticking to how it's actually played and made some strange decisions. I remember the Queen pack being kind of hosed up in a couple of ways too.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Make sure that if you haven't grabbed Smoke On The Water yet that you know it's a 1997 Remix with a different solo

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I grabbed a few random songs like Free Fallin'.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Balls To The Wall tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3TlrZLpQ0

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

toymach1ne posted:

Make sure that if you haven't grabbed Smoke On The Water yet that you know it's a 1997 Remix with a different solo

Is the original solo included as a bonus arrangement? I can see them being required to use the 1997 audio but the charting was up to them.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

xarph posted:

Is the original solo included as a bonus arrangement? I can see them being required to use the 1997 audio but the charting was up to them.

No, because the track is from 1997. I like the new solo but it pisses off a lot of people

YeahWhatevah
Oct 28, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, as long as you have it owned and you have the import tool installed it should just kinda automatically work :iiam: I think the import tool secretly contains all the DLC from RS1 or something, because there's no download for those but if you get RS2014 DLC it downloads it.

Something like that is going on: if you use the Rocksmith-to-Tab converter you get ALL of the RS1 DLC tabs coming out the other end when you do a batch run with the import tool installed.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Players Picks Song Pack – $9.99

* Accept “Balls To The Wall” – E Standard: A446
* Edgar Winter Group “Frankenstein”
* Free “All Right Now”
* Tesla “Modern Day Cowboy”

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

toymach1ne posted:

* Accept “Balls To The Wall” – E Standard: A446
* Edgar Winter Group “Frankenstein”
* Free “All Right Now”
* Tesla “Modern Day Cowboy”

Welp thank Allah for Customsforge I guess.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Snowy posted:

Welp thank Allah for Customsforge I guess.

Yeah like that Badfish custom that didn't even have the solo charted (not indicative of all customs)

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 16, 2015

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

toymach1ne posted:

Yeah like that Badfish custom that didn't even have the solo charted (not indicative of all customs)

More for the things I actually enjoy, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I don't have high hopes Rocksmith will choose the weird poo poo I like so even with their flaws the cldc is one of the things that makes the game for me.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Snowy posted:

I don't have high hopes Rocksmith will choose the weird poo poo I like so even with their flaws the cldc is one of the things that makes the game for me.

Same here. I'm never going to see Death, Crimson Glory, Gojira or WASP as official DLC so the CDLC stuff is a huge thing for me. Also, I even have a custom of Diablo's Tristram theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Snowy posted:

Playing Mr. Bungle is pretty awesome