Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

TheDarkFlame posted:

To be fair, in the world of these games that is the case, all religions are the misremembered legacies of a super-intelligent precursor race and the results of humans using artefacts and other remnants that they leave behind. I'm pretty sure that in these games a good number of supernatural events actually happened due to these ancient artefacts, and pretty much any invention you can name was discovered by humans using the artefacts.

But, you know, I don't think Ubisoft will ever make Assassin's Creed 8: The Adventures Of The Son Of God, because while that would definitely generate publicity, it would piss people off on a monolithic level.

I was so disappointed in AC3 when you finally get to use all the supposed assassin training in the animus to do something as Desmond; it didnt play well at all and then they gave you a gun for some of it.

But some of the religious/conspiracy poo poo I thought was fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_okIA8iI5Tw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The sad part is that AC3 is the last game where we got any real current time plot line progress.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Palpek posted:

The sad part is that AC3 is the last game where we got any real current time plot line progress.

That is a perfectly okay thing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I always hoped that the current plot line would eventually evolve into a full blown present time AC game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean hey, who knows maybe their exploration of no guns no swords with Syndicate is testing those waters.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Palpek posted:

I always hoped that the current plot line would eventually evolve into a full blown present time AC game.

Isn't Watch_Dogs literally that though? Don't they take place in the same world? Watch_Dogs 2 will probably have a ton of AC tie-ins.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Maybe but Watch_Dogs doesn't really play like an AC game.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Far Cry 3 and 4 is basically Assassin's Creed in the modern day, just from a first person perspective and that too has connections to the Assassin's Creed universe.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Palpek posted:

Maybe but Watch_Dogs doesn't really play like an AC game.

It's also a terrible game save for the multiplayer

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

precision posted:

Isn't Watch_Dogs literally that though? Don't they take place in the same world? Watch_Dogs 2 will probably have a ton of AC tie-ins.

I mean, there's literally one single thing that ties both franchises in. Far Cry 3 has more connections to Assassin's Creed than Watch Dogs does.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Thinking about a full modern-day AC game just makes me think "I better get to climb the Burj Khalifa".

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I better get to climb Mia Khalifa too

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

precision posted:

I don't know, did anyone even care when we killed the Pope?

Third reply to this question, I know, but adding on to what the others said, go watch The Borgias on Showtime (it's on Netflix now too) to see why nobody gave two fucks when you killed Pope Alexander.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Palpek posted:

This is what happened to Black Flag by the way. Ok it didn't bomb but AC3 sold a lot more because it was a sequel to a decent game and Black Flag sold less because it was a sequel to a bad game. This WILL happen to Syndicate no matter if it's good or not.

AC3 was also America.txt

precision posted:

Thinking about a full modern-day AC game just makes me think "I better get to climb the Burj Khalifa".

Well at least you could be dressed up in full robes again and no one would say anything.

The Assassin's HQ was in Dubai in the comics too.

I finally finished AC:Rogue. The end was great. Makes me want to see a Conner/Arno team up game to hunt down Shay

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
First off, gently caress that threat title. Je vous emmerde avec vos blagues à la con. :france:

Second, I just got this from the Steam sale. Is there any tl;dr thing I should do/not do?

Third, does anybody play in French with English subtitles?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Furism posted:

First off, gently caress that threat title. Je vous emmerde avec vos blagues à la con. :france:

Second, I just got this from the Steam sale. Is there any tl;dr thing I should do/not do?

Third, does anybody play in French with English subtitles?

1) Je suis d'accord
2) I ended up just powering through the story and ignoring everything else, which is the opposite of how I usually play an AC game. I really wanted to love Unity but it felt like it went out of it's way to annoy me.
3) That is the only correct way to play. If there had been an 'Allo 'Allo setting, that would have also been correct.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

1) Je suis d'accord
2) I ended up just powering through the story and ignoring everything else, which is the opposite of how I usually play an AC game. I really wanted to love Unity but it felt like it went out of it's way to annoy me.
3) That is the only correct way to play. If there had been an 'Allo 'Allo setting, that would have also been correct.

If they had given Napoleon the 'Allo 'Allo Italian accent, then that would be the only correct choice.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Agreed, except for the fact that characters that really should have non-standard accents lack them. Napoleon most obviously, but also a Scotsman featured in one of the murder mysteries who we are told "spoke with a strange accent, maybe english or scottish".

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
There should be an "Original Accents" setting. Not "All French" or "All English" or whatever, but everybody's speaking their own language. I can understand not hiring guy to fake a Scottish accent in Italian or French, or hiring a guy to do a fake Italian accent in English, etc.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Is there any point in collecting the various side content? I remember that in Black Flag the only thing worth doing was the Mayan thing for an amazing armor, is Unity like this at all?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Furism posted:

Is there any point in collecting the various side content? I remember that in Black Flag the only thing worth doing was the Mayan thing for an amazing armor, is Unity like this at all?

There's a couple armors that are walled off. But generally? No the rewards aren't worth the time.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
You get a sweet sword that periodically stuns all nearby enemies while you're attacking with it from doing some side stuff in Dead Kings, I think it's the riddle puzzles. But on the other hand if you wait until after the main story to do that when it makes sense, you're not really going to have much use for it.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So that's interesting. I decided to boot up Rogue again because bored, and it told me as soon as I started that I unlocked the Altair and Arno outfits. I googled it, and found this

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/38/4610/unlockable-altair-ezio-connor-and-edward-outfits/kA030000000eij5CAA posted:

If you play any of the below Assassins Creed games, for at least 10 minutes while logged into the same Uplay account or on the same PSN / Xbox Live account linked to the Uplay account, you will receive the following rewards.

Play 1 AC game and you will receive Altair’s outfit.

Play 2 AC games and you will receive Altair’s and Ezio’s outfit.

Play 3 AC games and you will receive Altair’s, Ezio’s and Connor’s outfit.

Play 4 AC games and you will receive Altair’s, Ezio’s, Connor’s and Edward’s outfit.

I have literally every single AC game on my uPlay account, so why don't I have Ezio, Connor, and Edward's? Because Ubisoft, gently caress you?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Daily Forecast posted:

So that's interesting. I decided to boot up Rogue again because bored, and it told me as soon as I started that I unlocked the Altair and Arno outfits. I googled it, and found this

I have literally every single AC game on my uPlay account, so why don't I have Ezio, Connor, and Edward's? Because Ubisoft, gently caress you?

This same issue was on Black Flag and Unity. Sometimes you have to bug support.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I didn't even realize Rogue had costumes for Assassins. Don't think I'd want to run around ganking assassins as Ezio anyway. :smith:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Furism posted:

There should be an "Original Accents" setting. Not "All French" or "All English" or whatever, but everybody's speaking their own language. I can understand not hiring guy to fake a Scottish accent in Italian or French, or hiring a guy to do a fake Italian accent in English, etc.

Scottish is just subbed as -Unintelligible-

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Orv posted:

Scottish is just subbed as -Unintelligible-

mumble mumble -unintelligible- mumble wee sassenach bastard. See yoo jimmeh *headbutt*

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hocg3iOyxs

Already Evie looks more interesting than the main protagonist.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I loving love her outfit.

When are we getting a new thread?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Lol if you ever play as the dude without being forced to.

Chav's Creed probably gonna be good, for the setting if nothing else.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Mymla posted:

Chav's Creed

best name

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Mymla posted:

Lol if you ever play as the dude without being forced to.

Chav's Creed probably gonna be good, for the setting if nothing else.

I recall hearing a thing that you can play as her but only for like a quarter of the game for Reasons.

Likely just hearsay but it wouldn't surprise me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The game isn't out for like 6 months, nobody could possibly know that for sure.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's just the Ubisoft way man.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Palpek posted:

It's just the Ubisoft way man.

To be fair that was a cinematic style trailer and we can all be let down once the same gameply mechanics VoG her down as well.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

It's a prequel to Kingsman: The Secret Service, obviously.

(that was a fun movie)

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."
I've never played Assassin's Creed before, and the Steam Sale has a lot of the games down to my five dollar pricepoint. Out of AC1, AC2, AR Revelations, AC3, and AC Liberation HD, which is the best entry point for me to try?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

2, easily.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Bizarre Echo posted:

I've never played Assassin's Creed before, and the Steam Sale has a lot of the games down to my five dollar pricepoint. Out of AC1, AC2, AR Revelations, AC3, and AC Liberation HD, which is the best entry point for me to try?

Buy AC 2 and Brotherhood. They're the cream of the crop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

So did Unity ever become a good game? I remember the reviews making it sound like there was a good game buried under a pile of technical issues and thinking that maybe it'd be a good thing to pick up on a steam sale someday after they had time to patch it.

and... well... its on steam sale

• Locked thread