Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder how much the game will sell when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oxxidation posted:

9 was the pinnacle of the pre-rendered age and still looks good today. It doesn't need a remake, it needs a re-issue on some hardware that can actually handle its mojo.

Yeah. VII only needed a do over because it was barely translated the first time around, and the fact that no-one at Square really knew what to do with polygons means that, on top of that, it's aged incredibly badly.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meanwhile, Shenmue 3 is half-funded in under 2 hours.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kyrosiris posted:

Meanwhile, Shenmue 3 is half-funded in under 2 hours.

Will it beat Bloodstained? Will it have sailors?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Will it beat Bloodstained? Will it have sailors?

It'll beat Bloodstained, people were clamouring for more IGAvania, but that's nothing compared to a 15 year old unresolved cult game cliffhanger.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Zombie Samurai posted:

I am gonna laugh my nuts off if they roll any of the goofy poo poo from Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core into this.

Of course they will.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Sakurazuka posted:

It'll beat Bloodstained, people were clamouring for more IGAvania, but that's nothing compared to a 15 year old unresolved cult game cliffhanger.

Also, announced at E3. Imagine the sheer amount of eyeballs on it.

Edit: God drat it why couldn't they have announced a MMLegends 3 kickstarter

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Zombie Samurai posted:

I am gonna laugh my nuts off if they roll any of the goofy poo poo from Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core into this.

Game is completely identical to the original in every way except that Genesis and Lightning are standing in the background of every scene.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Also, announced at E3. Imagine the sheer amount of eyeballs on it.

Edit: God drat it why couldn't they have announced a MMLegends 3 kickstarter

Because literally nobody at Capcom gave a gently caress about MML except Inafune, and he only used it so that he could bail and get support from fans that wanted to spite Capcom.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

Game is completely identical to the original in every way except that Genesis and Lightning are standing in the background of every scene.

Standing in the background? Nah, too much effort, just tape a messily cut out magazine clipping into certain scenes, boom, done.

Personally, though, at this point, I'm willing to just give them the benefit of a doubt. Do whatever, go nuts, let's see what you've got for us.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As someone who's very afraid of deep water, I am not looking forward HD submarine and Emerald Weapon. It spooked me as a kid in dated graphics and it's gonna spook me as an adult in HIGH DEFINITION DOLBY DIGITAL.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Hopefully they keep the fact that Cloud is a goon in the game.

"Let's Mosey"

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

As someone who's very afraid of deep water, I am not looking forward HD submarine and Emerald Weapon. It spooked me as a kid in dated graphics and it's gonna spook me as an adult in HIGH DEFINITION DOLBY DIGITAL.

I hope they leave in being able to submerge and end up an inch away from Emerald's face and get killed in 2 turns after not saving for 3 hours.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Skeezy posted:

"Let's Mosey"

Just nail Cloud's character and I take back everything I've ever said about Square.

You'd say some poo poo too if you played FFXI for years.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

I hope they leave in being able to submerge and end up an inch away from Emerald's face and get killed in 2 turns after not saving for 3 hours.

Better yet, leave in him sitting right outside the Gelnika so when you exit he's right there.

gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I hope the roller coaster in Gold Saucer is the same. Graphics and everything.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
What they didn't tell you in that presentation is that FFXV has been rebranded and is now FFVII Remaster. Cid has been changed into Cindy, but she's still an abusive redneck to Shera.

I can't wait for the scene where, an hour after Aerith dies, Cloud grabs a snowboard and grabs balloons while dodging snowmen and moogles down a mountainside.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the most important question: will cait sith get to ride his moogle?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

Cait Sith has been replaced by Reeve wearing plastic cat ears as a disguise.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Skeezy posted:

"Let's Mosey"

Them changing Cloud is the thing I'm most afraid of. They need to keep him the goofy rear end in a top hat he was originally, not the mopey emo that fans misremember him as.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Lol 10 years later. Are you loving kidding me?

Square Enix can literally choke on a cock for all I care. Can they come up with nothing original anymore so now they have to pull something out of the closet they were supposed to do 10 years ago to seem relevant?

Just gently caress off...At least Bethesda is trying to actually make changes to their games

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PerpetualSelf posted:

Square Enix can literally choke on a cock for all I care. Can they come up with nothing original anymore so now they have to pull something out of the closet they were supposed to do 10 years ago to seem relevant?

Just gently caress off...At least Bethesda is trying to actually make changes to their games

lmao

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Cubey posted:

Them changing Cloud is the thing I'm most afraid of. They need to keep him the goofy rear end in a top hat he was originally, not the mopey emo that fans misremember him as.

I fear for this line most of all:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Cait Sith, in keeping with this new version of FF7, has been replaced by a man named Matthias Iscariot.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

cock hero flux posted:

Make that a trophy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

yikes

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Cubey posted:

Has anyone ever figured out why this happened, exactly? Like obviously KH1 and the Compilation of FFVII had a lot to do with it, but even before those really blew up I seem to recall people still thinking of Cloud as some emo guy.

It's like he merged with Squall in people's minds at some point.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bad translation and vague memories give the wrong impression, square leans into it in future material solidifying it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was KH1 and then the success of that leading into Advent Chlidren which solidified it. It probably doesn't help Nomura directed both and he likes his characters bit more melodramatic than they would sometimes be.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Has anyone ever figured out why this happened, exactly? Like obviously KH1 and the Compilation of FFVII had a lot to do with it, but even before those really blew up I seem to recall people still thinking of Cloud as some emo guy.

Just a handful of scenes that people remembered more than the way more prevalent stuff that made up more of his character. That and time making peoples memories play tricks on them ended up with a pretty radical character shift. For way more than Cloud, too.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Raxivace posted:

It's like he merged with Squall in people's minds at some point.

It probably at least partially has to do with the age at which a lot of people played FF7.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Beef Waifu posted:

It was KH1 and then the success of that leading into Advent Chlidren which solidified it. It probably doesn't help Nomura directed both and he likes his characters bit more melodramatic than they would sometimes be.

This is the same stupid fucker who said that he roots for his villains to win because nobody can understand the deep emotions in his soul. He's literally a Gackt song.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's a loving genius and I love him.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Is anyone hype for World of Final Fantasy. I have no idea what it is but I want it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

aeris is replaced by aerith

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
World of FF looks nice.

aeris is replaced by aerith

I am so excited to see the backlash this causes.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I hope the VII remake comes out before Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV because that would be the funniest poo poo.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PerpetualSelf posted:

hi

die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CRAW, LING IN, THE LIFESTREAM, THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL, NOT HEAL