Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

When I went to see Jurassic World, the Minions trailer killed in a theater full of adults.

Yup. That movie is going to make a gently caress ton of movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yup. That movie is going to make a gently caress ton of movie.

Furious 7, Age of Ultron so far.

Jurassic World (?), Star Wars, Spectre, Mockingjay 2, Minions, Mission Impossible 5. All of those movies might make a billion dollars, maybe Inside Out too

This year will be insane

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Aphrodite posted:

When I went to see Jurassic World, the Minions trailer killed in a theater full of adults.

There was a big cardboard stand in the cinema by me that implored people to give their fathers the ultimate gift this father's day by taking them to see Minions.

I'd be livid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jurassic World had like the best Friday ever, I think? I think it's already made at least 500m.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

rawillkill posted:

Furious 7, Age of Ultron so far.

Jurassic World (?), Star Wars, Spectre, Mockingjay 2, Minions, Mission Impossible 5. All of those movies might make a billion dollars, maybe Inside Out too

This year will be insane

And people were guessing that this would be the year the blockbuster bubble bursts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Young Freud posted:

And people were guessing that this would be the year the blockbuster bubble bursts.

People say that every year, just like how every Marvel movie that comes out is going to be the one that flops.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Young Freud posted:

Tell me who these people are so I can swindle them out of their life savings with minimal effort.

This year has 7 sequels to some of the biggest franchises ever.

Three of those sequels are Avengers, Jurassic World, and Star the gently caress Wars. The three highest grossing worldwide franchises ever each with multibillion dollar box office and merchandise revenue.

All that's missing from this year is Transformers, Pirates OTC and a Nolan Batman movie and it would hold the record for money made until the end of time.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

Jurassic World had like the best Friday ever, I think? I think it's already made at least 500m.

Domestic: $204,600,000 40.0%
+ Foreign: $307,200,000 60.0%
= Worldwide: $511,800,000
:stare:

Yep.

Jesus.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Every dinosaur movie just got greenlit. Good time to be a dinosaur fan.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I like Chris Pratt, so RIP to that now that he's going to be in every movie and become Johnny Depp.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I like Chris Pratt, so RIP to that now that he's going to be in every movie and become Johnny Depp.

That means we will get five more years of entertaining Pratt movies including Guardians II and III before things turn into whatever the equivalent of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will be. Then Pratt will play Crazy Horse's horse with his face CGI'd into a horse face.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I want Chris Pratt's Sleepy Hollow and Edward Scissorhands and Ed Wood.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Pratt would make a pretty good pirate. He's also do well in a Jump Street movie.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Pratt would make a pretty good pirate. He's also do well in a Jump Street movie.

Oh my god, Pratt in 23 Jump Street would be amazing. That's right up his comedic alley.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The next Jump Street is supposed to be the MIB one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pratt in Jump Street would be a dream come true.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Aphrodite posted:

The next Jump Street is supposed to be the MIB one.

I still have no idea how these properties would even begin to mesh.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Yodzilla posted:

I still have no idea how these properties would even begin to mesh.

Cleanly, powerfully, and in a rad fashion.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just sighed heavily.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Jennifer Connelly at her best, Donald Pleasence in a hero role, the Chimp, psychic powers, a really badass serial killer, and Dario Argento. How can you not want to watch this right now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd765s-PFX0

I just watched this and holy poo poo is it good.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Awesome Andy posted:

I just watched this and holy poo poo is it good.

Told you! :smug:

I do think it 's Argento's best movie. I know I'm in the minority, but it is so amazing. I don't think he did any other movies quite like it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waffleman_ posted:

I just sighed heavily.

The movies are awful, but the fact that they essentially exist only to humiliate David Cross is hilarious.

e: nevermind, he's not in this one. Must have just been the third one. Can't exactly blame him for running like hell as soon as his contract ran out.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Angry Alvin: Road Chip

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dinosaur superheroes :black101:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Devil Dinosaur next Avengers movie.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 16, 2015

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Count me in as someone who enjoys the Minions and will see their movie in theaters. I also enjoyed the hell out of the Penguins of Madagascar movie.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying silly family-friendly slapstick and anyone who says they don't is a goddamn liar.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I thought the trailers for Minions were fun and funny. I probably wouldn't care enough to go see the movie though, but it might be something nice to take my nieces too. As far as kids movies go it looks funny without doing that annoying thing of depending on cultural references that instantly date a movie.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
My problem with The Minions Movie is that amazon is advertising for it by making their boxes bright loving yellow, looks like a big flashing sign for "UNATTENDED PACKAGE HERE".

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w81g199L8YA

The movie will probs be poo poo but this marketing move is kinda cool

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This seems like it would be unsafe.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's like he never stopped being everyone's favorite slasher-monster-turned-hero robot.

I like the unintentional Total Recall callback ("You think this is the real Arnold?").

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The Terminator face-off is pretty funny.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sequel to Shocker?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Boy Scouts: The Movie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't know where else to post this but I thought based on the marketing that Jurassic World would be absolute dreck but I went to see it in Imax 3D even though I don't care for 3D and was appropriately stoned off my loving rear end and holy hell did I love every minute of it. Beat Avatar please, that was garbage.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

It's like he never stopped being everyone's favorite slasher-monster-turned-hero robot.

I like the unintentional Total Recall callback ("You think this is the real Arnold?").

Read between the lines.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Peel the banana.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

I don't know where else to post this but I thought based on the marketing that Jurassic World would be absolute dreck but I went to see it in Imax 3D even though I don't care for 3D and was appropriately stoned off my loving rear end and holy hell did I love every minute of it. Beat Avatar please, that was garbage.

Being stoned must've helped because I've never seen 3D that bad. It's the first time 3D has actively ruined parts of a movie for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well the helicopters looked like toys I'll say that.