Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cubey posted:

I'd actually be OK with this because Vincent is terrible and I wonder if people somehow got him confused with Cloud

Square did in Kingdom Hearts :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
You know, after this:

It'd only be fair if they offer pre-order DLC that lets you dress Cloud as Lightning.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I would legitimately be unsurprised if they offered Serah's outfit as a DLC for Aerith or Tifa.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ApplesandOranges posted:

I would legitimately be unsurprised if they offered Serah's outfit as a DLC for Aerith or Tifa.

Or Barret.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

You know, after this:

It'd only be fair if they offer pre-order DLC that lets you dress Cloud as Lightning.

Don't you mean there'll be DLC to let you play as Cloud instead of Lightning?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I do like that the voiceover for the trailer can be summed up as "we're remaking FF7 and yes, I know, you're afraid we'll gently caress it up but look: just roll with it"

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Is the narrator talking in terms of past tense? Cause he mentions the meteor, but then switches to something about a reunion will happen. Or is he going meta. Or is it just continuing the tradition of bizarrre translations?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
If Aeris is called Aerith in the VA, we have no need for this remake Square Enix. We don't want it. Don't even bother.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Is the narrator talking in terms of past tense? Cause he mentions the meteor, but then switches to something about a reunion will happen. Or is he going meta. Or is it just continuing the tradition of bizarrre translations?

Maybe a reference to the memory of Jenova's original arrival?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Super Ninja Fish posted:

If Aeris is called Aerith in the VA, we have no need for this remake Square Enix. We don't want it. Don't even bother.

Aerith is better

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Terper posted:

Aerith is better

Yep. The whole point is that it's supposed to sound like Earth, as opposed to Cloud.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

CyberConnect2, the guys behind the .hack games.

If this is true you better adjust your expectations. CC2's games are a mixed bag.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Nobody cares about this poo poo. If you do, you should stop.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Biggest Jerk posted:

He's just being meta about the remake happening.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Terper posted:

Aerith is better

it begins

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

The Great Aerith Aeris War of 2015, families and friendships torn apart

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
They should just make it so every time someone is saying her name the speaker gets cut off half way through by an explosion or a motorcycle or a random battle or an impalement.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Every time I think about Final Fantasy Advent Children though, is a thought that I could've actually enjoyed if I was thinking about nearly anything else.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Pre-order DLC changes everyone's name to Sephiroth in the VA

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If CC2 is developing this then Square needs to stop the project like yesterday.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Obviously, pre-order DLC makes every line voiced by BRIAN BLESSED.

"THIS GUY ARE SICK!!"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

BreakAtmo posted:

Yep. The whole point is that it's supposed to sound like Earth, as opposed to Cloud.

it sounds like a lisp

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean they could just basically lift the gameplay from the old game, so all they need to add is spectacle, which CC2 is really, really good at.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Her name is Tina :qqsay:

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Are people just assuming it's a CC2 joint because they offered to do it last year? All the credits in the trailer are SE folk

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also get your asses ready for Final Fantasy VII-2

This is just the rebeginning

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tempo 119 posted:

Are people just assuming it's a CC2 joint because they offered to do it last year? All the credits in the trailer are SE folk

I dunno why it's being assumed, but I saw a shitton of SE folk and just can't believe this is a project they'd outsource considering how big it is.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Her name is Tina :qqsay:

Uh, no, it's Tifa, I don't know what weird region you're from :colbert:

yeah i know

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

I dunno why it's being assumed, but I saw a shitton of SE folk and just can't believe this is a project they'd outsource considering how big it is.

If I remember correctly Yoshinori Kitase said that it would be a gigantic project, and could take up to 10 years when asked about it in 2012- and he wasn't going to do it unless he could fully dedicate himself to the task. That and he wants it to be the culmination of his life's work and magnum opus, anything less would be a waste of time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Final Fantasy VII with all the fun cut out and the battle system of JoJo: Eyes of Heaven please. It'll be the ultimate trash game.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SSNeoman posted:

If this is true you better adjust your expectations. CC2's games are a mixed bag.

Nobody cares about this poo poo. If you do, you should stop.

Hahahahaha. I played all four .hack games. I have the wisdom of the Ancients, care about this poo poo, and will not stop.

Honestly, FF7 would be better off as a long running cartoon. This project is going to be hilariously bad.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Hahahahaha. I played all four .hack games. I have the wisdom of the Ancients, care about this poo poo, and will not stop.

Honestly, FF7 would be better off as a long running cartoon. This project is going to be hilariously bad.

I played all 7 .hack games and I think you're wrong.

I mean you do realize that they're making a Final Fantasy 7-2 right?

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jun 16, 2015

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I just bought FF4 on Steam's Summer Sale and the awful keyboard scheme aside, is it just me or is it really short and easy? 7 hours in and I've beaten the second of the archfiends (who coincidentally is the first bitch of a boss fight I've been in). I'm expecting about 20 hours out of this which is about OK for €9. Remember getting much more out of other Final Fantasy games.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I played all 7 .hack games and I think you're wrong.

This is a Taint Reaper free zone, sorry.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The Taint Reaper posted:

Isn't it more a VII-1-2?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

kirbysuperstar posted:

This is a Taint Reaper free zone, sorry.

Did you even listen to the ominous voice in the trailer?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I hope the roller coaster in Gold Saucer is the same. Graphics and everything.

I am going to spend so much time there.

They should totally have an original graphics option too.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

7-2 was Advent Children

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Did you even listen to the ominous voice in the trailer?

The trailer that literally ended with the word remake flying at the screen in big bold letters?

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I wonder if they will make it so Cloud does a sweet backflip when he jumps off the back of the dolphin that he rode 50 feet into the air to reach the top of an electrical tower. I always imagined that he did, but with the limits of the technology at the time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

cock hero flux posted:

The trailer that literally ended with the word remake flying at the screen in big bold letters?

It's just the first step in a long journey in the quest for more money.

There will be others