Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Kelp Plankton posted:

pit was in a cartoon though

just like mega man

and sonic

and pac man

and ryu

wheres simon belmont

Can we Get Captain N into smash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SL the Pyro posted:

:agreed: Ryu was one of the best things to happen to Smash in a long time. If Nintendo is going to keep doing DLC, then more non-standard stuff like this is all I ask for.

Yeah, the other DLC characters are all rehashes of past entries so it's obvious as to why they're all so cut and dry but I hope we stop getting veteran fighters so they can really surprise us.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Shantae... again with the Sex Imp. Even if she passes Congress, Obama is sure to veto such a low selection.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
I have never heard of Shantae until the ballot. Is she really that popular?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PoPcornTG posted:

No.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
We need Zubaz in Smash.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

PoPcornTG posted:

Decently popular with a loud fanbase, though the fanbase is rather small - bigger than Shovel Knight's and some minor third-parties for sure, but obviously paling in comparison to Nintendo's heavy hitters like K. Rool and Isaac.

Shantae's big problem is obscurity. Not a lot of people are interested in eShop games, so a lot of people don't even know she's there. WayForward's marketing is slowly but surely turning it around though, and all of the games in the series are very good and recommendable, but whether it's enough for her to be considered for Smash... it's a long-shot. A long-shot I support, but I won't delude myself into thinking she's anything close to a shoe-in.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 16, 2015

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Commander Video got to be a trophy in Smash. I believe in indies.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Honestly, a lot of the popular first-party fan picks are as weirdly-prioritized as the third-party fan picks.

I have a feeling that the next few non-ballot characters to be announced are going to have people kicking themselves for not thinking of them. Sakurai remembers the good picks that the straw pollsters forget (like Ryu).

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Goemon for Konami rep please. And where the hell is bomberman

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

shantae rules

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

here's my opinion: put Wolf in smash bros.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

sharrrk posted:

Yes. I hope that is one of the Smash reveals during the conference. Also give me the option to replace Fox with him

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I hope they give us the option to rearrange the character select screen in both versions of the game because it's kind of a mess at the moment.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

instead of putting all of these weird "indy" characters in the game here is what i think they should do

make everyone as cool and strong and interesting as ryu

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

instead of putting all of these weird "indy" characters in the game here is what i think they should do

i agree

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mercury Crusader posted:

I hope they give us the option to rearrange the character select screen in both versions of the game because it's kind of a mess at the moment.

I would pay for this.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You should be able to drag icons around, and toggle multi-skin characters like Robin and Villager. This is my Christmas wish.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

sharrrk posted:

Wolf died.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Commander Keen
Master Chief
Duke Nukem
Paper Mario
Callie and Marie from Splatoon, works like Ice climbers but different I guess.
Tom Nook
Lord British
uhhhhhhhhhh
Any of the Darkstalkers Characters minus Morrigan because she's boring as gently caress in Marvel3. Bonus points if it's Little Red Hood or Sasquatch.

E: Alex Kidd
Fansy the Bard
Ralph Bluetawn
Bill Clinton
David Bowie
Waluigi
That Toasty guy from Mortal Kombat

Dizz fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 16, 2015

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Goemon for Konami rep please. And where the hell is bomberman

Put in Ebisumaru, the hardest twerking man in Smash.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

make everyone as cool and strong and interesting as ryu and roy

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
if all the characters were good...there would be no drawbacks

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Nobody hates Shantae for being indie.

I do.

TTBF posted:

He's a dude who is convinced Nintendo is turning all of their female characters into sluts. Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, etc are all just whores and the only reason they're in Smash is because of boners. He's even got some really clever nicknames for these characters.

He's long since outed himself as a fake troll. He's just a hardcore retro Nintendo fan who likes collecting Nintendo stuff and he bought all those amiibos to make a shitload of money, nothing more.

NecroMonster posted:

stfu. This game is nearly perfect already. The minor balance tweaks are all that are necessary. Go play some twitch reaction anime fighter if that's what you think you want.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I do.

He's long since outed himself as a fake troll. He's just a hardcore retro Nintendo fan who likes collecting Nintendo stuff and he bought all those amiibos to make a shitload of money, nothing more.

stfu. This game is nearly perfect already. The minor balance tweaks are all that are necessary. Go play some twitch reaction anime fighter if that's what you think you want.

Have you seen his youtube account

If he's trolling he's dedicated as hell

E: the game can still use more changes mbd, shields and airdodges could be a little less good and the worst characters could still use some buffs

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Rough night?

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
PK Freeze is a good move. No, really.

http://gfycat.com/ConcreteReadyBagworm

Waterfall of Salt fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 16, 2015

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Buff Wii Fit Trainer.

PK freeze is like PK flash but you actually have a chance of hitting people with it. It moves so fast you can use it to snipe people who are off the screen trying to recover, and sometimes they fly into space.
e: did you make it back to the stage?

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 16, 2015

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Cicadas! posted:

e: did you make it back to the stage?

I did! I updated the gif in my previous post to show the landing as well. Lucas definitely has more of a learning curve in 4, but I have a feeling he'll turn out to be very, very strong in the long run.

Cicadas! posted:

Buff Wii Fit Trainer.
Also this.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Make Wii fit trainer buffer

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
date me wii fit trainer

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

how.. how did you manage not to commit suicide ?

I have a tough time keeping my Lucas on the stage.

I am a bad player.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Lucas's PK Thunder 2 goes soooo farrrrrrrrr

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Aston posted:

Lucas's PK Thunder 2 goes soooo farrrrrrrrr

Yeah, it's like Project M Ness levels. It weirds me out every time since PM Lucas has kinda crappy range.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nintendo's E3 Stream posted:

Roy's my boy

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Want to see more mii verse shenanigans

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mabels big day posted:

ain't you do the dude who can't do a fuckin' quarter circle lmbo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waterfall of Salt posted:

I did! I updated the gif in my previous post to show the landing as well. Lucas definitely has more of a learning curve in 4, but I have a feeling he'll turn out to be very, very strong in the long run.

Also this.

lucas is rly good and fun but all his quick and ez kills are from reads (all his smashes)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

ain't you do the dude who can't do a fuckin' quarter circle lmbo

he sure is lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll have you all know, I went in training mode and did the Hadoken with the special input.

• Locked thread