Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have slowed down my weightlifting priorities since I am doing more Brazilian Jiu Jitsu per week (5 days a week instead of 2 days a week). I still do my 3 days of weight lifting, but im putting a hard cap on all the lefts and I move up in a glacial pace.

I dont regret it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol you still fat though

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol you still fat though

I lost like 10 lbs in like 6 months and I'm still losing weight :gbsmith:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yo bros anyone else doing the murph wod post your times here

lol

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

I lost like 10 lbs in like 6 months and I'm still losing weight :gbsmith:

how fat are you?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

http://www.yomamajokesgalore.com/fat.html

find and replace for el maligno

elite_garbage_man posted:

nice progress

bench 225 for 13 (sprained my wrist on like rep 10)
squat 315 for 22 ...after rock climbing earlier in the day

gonna see how many times i can rep 135 on ohp and 405 for dl next week. looking at 12+ and 20+ respectively.

also pushups and situps are 80+ at 230lbs

creatine made me this way, i just know it

you must have the approximate dimensions of a rectangle.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Fat enough to gently caress your mom

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

ElMaligno posted:

Fat enough to gently caress your mom

:iceburn:

vains
May 26, 2004

325 bench PR at 220lbs. Got 335 down and about 2 inches above my chest before I stalled.

I need to lose 20lbs but then my gainz.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
nice bench, brother!

I've been rock climbing once a week for the past month...poo poo's hard when you're a huge mother fucker. also the shoes hurt like 10 bitches on a bitch boat

lifting related: squatted 280 for 30 reps last friday

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Finally got my job 2 weeks steady, so I got a PF membership. Gonna work out after work every day and peep butts, also there is a chick at work who is like a loving 9 so I need to up my swole game. Did half an hour of upper body today, gonna bring some actual gym shorts tomorrow and get a good leg workout in. I scheduled a appointment with their on site trainer to help me draft up a weekly lift plan for Wednesday. Feeling good

vains
May 26, 2004

lol planet fitness is terrible

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

lol planet fitness is terrible

the only thing more terrible than a PF is running in a PF

also lol at gym without a squatbars

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I am a pussy that just wanted a consistent place to lift a weight and also work a lat pull. The bar's in a rack but my arms can still move it. I'm not driving half an hour to go lift on post

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Lifting at a gym that markets itself as basically a lifting unfriendly gym is loving stupid.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm loving pencil thin it's not like I can use the weights at a real gym anyway

yeah i'll run out of 45 plates after 2 on each side at PF but i'm a loving bitch that hasn't worked out seriously in like 5 years so I dont need more than that. Plus it's literally like 2 miles from work, which is the chief reason for its selection. Not really tryin to get massive or some poo poo, just trying to get regular anaerobic work outs back into my lifestyle so I can destroy my PT test in October for promotion points.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 16, 2015

vains
May 26, 2004

you will stop going within a month but never cancel your membership. every time you drive past that place afterwards, you will say to yourself 'man, i really need to get back in the gym'.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lol if you dont have an olympic bench in your livingroom

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

you will stop going within a month but never cancel your membership. every time you drive past that place afterwards, you will say to yourself 'man, i really need to get back in the gym'.

No i wont :toxx: :whatup:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Dont forget to eat four cups of the right type of powder and take 2 pre workouts since otherwise your workout means nothing

bengy81
May 8, 2010

anne frank fanfic posted:

Dont forget to eat four cups of the right type of powder and take 2 pre workouts since otherwise your workout means nothing

Also, make sure you take that poo poo to the gym with you, preferably in one of those bigass bags you would transport a corpse in, right next to last weeks workout gear. The trick to MAXIMUM GAINS is to make your presence known to every single breathing organism in the gym. And since it's PF and you can't make any noise, you might as well make sure people smell you instead of hear you.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lol if you dont have an olympic bench in your livingroom

:toot:

The bench flips up and I can use it for squats too.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Enjoy your complimentary pizza and bagels and minimal progress at PF, I guess.

And every time I learn about The Rat's life, it just becomes clearer that he's living the dream.

My deadlift topped off at 305x5 a couple of months back because I've had a sprained back that I was trying to avoid going to medical for. They didn't even give me any good pills when I finally went, just naproxen and bengay.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I hit my fitness goal last week of 240lbs across the big three. With both squats and dead lift, I start with 180lbs for 10 reps, then add 10lbs to each side of the bar for each set after, topping out with 10 reps of 240 for the fourth and last set. I do the same weight progression and number of sets for bench, but the reps go 10, 8, 6, 4 (or 5 if I'm feeling froggy) for bench. I feel like this is a good place to hold, since I only weigh 170lbs. So :toot: I guess.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

lol if you dont have an olympic bench in your livingroom garage

Everyone should do it. Under a grand for the entire setup, excluding weights and oly bar, and sturdy as gently caress: rack's rated at 600kg, FID bench at 350kg. In-laws spend more than that annually on a gym membership they never use.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Hell yeah. I paid much less than a grand though, because most of my weights were purchased via craigslist at the end of semesters when all the brodudes were moving out. Except the kettlebells. Those never come up on craigslist, so I had to buy them new for $Glock.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thx for reminding me to try and find a bench for my new garage

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I don't work out and now weigh 160lbs

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

I don't work out and now weigh 160lbs

fuckin twig status lmbo

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Starting Strength with three days a week of running is killing my legs. They just feel tired all the time, probably because I'm beating the poo poo out of them regularly.

I looked into 5/3/1 and it seems like it might pair a little better with running since it isn't all squats all the time, but even Wendler said it wasn't made to be paired with running.

At this point I'm tempted to buy Tactical Barbell training to read it, even if the name sounds dumb. I just want to get stronger, faster, and get some relaxing LSD runs at the same time. Apparently that's too much to ask.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

fuckin twig status lmbo

unless he is 5 feet tall then lmbo fatty mcfatterson

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Aranan posted:

Starting Strength with three days a week of running is killing my legs. They just feel tired all the time, probably because I'm beating the poo poo out of them regularly.

I looked into 5/3/1 and it seems like it might pair a little better with running since it isn't all squats all the time, but even Wendler said it wasn't made to be paired with running.

At this point I'm tempted to buy Tactical Barbell training to read it, even if the name sounds dumb. I just want to get stronger, faster, and get some relaxing LSD runs at the same time. Apparently that's too much to ask.

Stop squatting three times a week if it's loving you up IMO. Have a look at Candito's if you can spare four days a week, or a customized Greyskull otherwise. Done both while running daily-ish with no issues, running a modified Candito's for the past ~six months and it's been great.

vains
May 26, 2004

fuckin twig status lmbo

im going to gently caress deathys skinny white girl rear end

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Aranan posted:

lmao bro you need to be conditioned as gently caress to do starting strength and run. How long have you been doing it for? I know late in the program when you're doing heavy rear end squats it's recommended to skip squats one day a week or something like that.

Either way they're both good programs. Starting strength just works and I've had nothing but success with it. Are you doing the modified one with pull ups/dips and poo poo?

Also foam roll the poo poo out of your legs

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
yeah running and weights may be over whelming if youve never done it before

an easy way to get into it would be to workout then wait a few hours before you go run.

Or just be an animal and do it right after you lift.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Finished day 3 of Stronglifts 5x5, I'm interested to see if the method works well enough to hit that 175kg goal in 12 weeks

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

NTT posted:

Finished day 3 of Stronglifts 5x5, I'm interested to see if the method works well enough to hit that 175kg goal in 12 weeks

get that communist measurement system the gently caress outta here

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I actually bought the starting strength book and it's surprisingly good reading. I also learned I was loving up my grip on the squat and now things are a bit easier

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sometimes I just want to slap people's elbows with terrible squat grip. Flaring them out, wide as gently caress, etc Let's me fair though 8/10 people are doing squats wrong (and deadlifts)

Also lol at kg's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Click Beelay posted:

Stop squatting three times a week if it's loving you up IMO. Have a look at Candito's if you can spare four days a week, or a customized Greyskull otherwise. Done both while running daily-ish with no issues, running a modified Candito's for the past ~six months and it's been great.

I'll look at both of those, thanks.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lmao bro you need to be conditioned as gently caress to do starting strength and run. How long have you been doing it for? I know late in the program when you're doing heavy rear end squats it's recommended to skip squats one day a week or something like that.

Either way they're both good programs. Starting strength just works and I've had nothing but success with it. Are you doing the modified one with pull ups/dips and poo poo?

Also foam roll the poo poo out of your legs
Been doing SS for maybe two months at this point. Added runs about a month ago. And yes, the SS I'm doing has the dips/pull ups and I added in 3x8 of weighted incline sit ups.

Definitely don't think I count as being conditioned as gently caress anymore. Years ago, I ran upwards of 15 - 20 miles on my long days, but I'm not getting anywhere close to that anymore. Longest LSD I've done recently was 5.