Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ianvincible posted:

I think the joke has something to do with the fact that Hillary won a Grammy in '97 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/39th_Annual_Grammy_Awards#Spoken)? She got it before being becoming a Senator or Secretary of State, so it's her "first" accomplishment. But maybe not. Who knows?

Maybe Muir is just an idiot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The further adventures of the threads second favorite Israeli cartoonist.

"The Government of Israel". Traditionally, the label should be "the coalition" as that would (always) make more sense, but I guess someone's breaking all the goddamn rules now.
"You'll have a hard time finding someone to fill these shoes!"
Miri Regev is a hue piece of poo poo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

It's kinda cool how flippant he is about crimes against humanity. Like Cheney is back in power :cabot:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rorus Raz posted:

Hahahaha if you think people read the OP.

If you wanted people to read the OP you'd replace it with a "best of" JRRose! pun parade.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rorus Raz posted:

Hahahaha if you think people read the OP.

There's a front pageOP?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Saint Sputnik posted:

If you wanted people to read the OP you'd replace it with a "best of" JRRose! pun parade.

"best of" should just be the branco "TO DEFEND MY OATH TO PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION" elephant cartoon because nothing will top it

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

oh my gosh I kinda want this :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

oh my gosh I kinda want this :ohdear:
"My finest work."

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
"Now which one should I eat? :getin:"

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of reference I'm not getting but this is hilarious just taken at face value

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of reference I'm not getting but this is hilarious just taken at face value

Oh! I feel it. I feel the cosmos. All of the money came fluttering into my pocket. So fungible!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

:stonk: :wtc:

quote:

idgi

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Shop Vag

Just turn on CNN if you can stomach it. They have been covering a lady who helped two convicts escape 24/7 for the last week or so.

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 16, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

InequalityGodzilla posted:

A gay marriage discrimination law is depicted as Frankenstein('s monster) which is moronic cartoon shorthand for "thing bad." So yeah, pro-gay marriage.

...Unless this guy actually knows that the monster was a misunderstood gentle creature that only tried to do the right thing in which case it becomes very confusing.

Frankstein's monster is intresting because the movie version and the book are completely different character. Both are sympathetic and tragic, but in unique ways.

The movie version (or at least the version Boris Karloff played) is very much a child in an adults body. He only kills twice in the original film, the first time is in self defense and the second time is an accident (and even though he can't speak he's visibly horrified and ashamed about what he's done). He's not mindless, he's clearly self-aware even if he's not very bright, but he doesn't know how to communicate or control his own strength. He doesn't know he's a monster, he doesn't know anything because no one ever explains anything to him.

The book version is the complete opposite. He's extremely intelligent and very much aware of the fact that the world sees him as a monster. He's angry, dejected, and alone. His body count is three (I think, it's been a while since I've read it) the first is done out of anger and the other two are killed as part of a convoluted plan to blackmail Dr. Frankstein's into making him a girlfriend. He does bad things because "why should I give a gently caress about the world? It never gave a gently caress about me." Although he realizes far too late this was a lovely attitude to have.

But as fascinating as they both are I'm not sure either of them is a logical stand-in for gay marriage.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Spun Dog posted:

Just turn on CNN if you can stomach it. They have been covering a lady who helped two convicts escape 24/7 for the last week or so.

How many Orange is the New Black wisecracks have been made? Is it more or less than with that lady in Washington.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Frankstein's monster is intresting because the movie version and the book are completely different character. Both are sympathetic and tragic, but in unique ways.

The movie version (or at least the version Boris Karloff played) is very much a child in an adults body. He only kills twice in the original film, the first time is in self defense and the second time is an accident (and even though he can't speak he's visibly horrified and ashamed about what he's done). He's not mindless, he's clearly self-aware even if he's not very bright, but he doesn't know how to communicate or control his own strength. He doesn't know he's a monster, he doesn't know anything because no one ever explains anything to him.

The book version is the complete opposite. He's extremely intelligent and very much aware of the fact that the world sees him as a monster. He's angry, dejected, and alone. His body count is three (I think, it's been a while since I've read it) the first is done out of anger and the other two are killed as part of a convoluted plan to blackmail Dr. Frankstein's into making him a girlfriend. He does bad things because "why should I give a gently caress about the world? It never gave a gently caress about me." Although he realizes far too late this was a lovely attitude to have.

But as fascinating as they both are I'm not sure either of them is a logical stand-in for gay marriage.

But what about his portrayal in I, Frankenstein?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Man I envy people who don't keep up with the news in the slightest, must be nice

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
Good news politoons thread: Property billionaire Donald Trump has announced he will run for the White House in the 2016 election.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Everyone cross your fingers that he makes it into the debates.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RyokoTK posted:

But what about his portrayal in I, Frankenstein?

Well, they try to give him the same personality that he had in the book: a bitter loner who'll never be accepted because of his grotesque appreance, but it doesn't reallt fit because the actor playing him (Aaron Eckhart) is gorgeous. So what you end up with is a beautiful man with well defined muscles (muscles you see a lot because he spends like half the movie shirtless) and kickass scars standing around complaining about how no one will ever love him because he's so ugly. It's a bit silly, to say the least.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

How many Orange is the New Black wisecracks have been made? Is it more or less than with that lady in Washington.

They aren't that trendy, think more of a poorly recreated CGI version of the Shawshank Redemption put on by the local special needs class.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Saint Sputnik posted:

Man I envy people who don't keep up with the news in the slightest, must be nice

it is really great and i love not following 24 hour news services unless something actually interesting happens

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

albany academy posted:

it is really great and i love not following 24 hour news services unless something actually interesting happens

Let me catch you up: Caitlyn Jenner helped two prisoners escape and they're thought to be hiding in Jeb's hair.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

and australia is paying david cameron to re-write the magna carta

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Hint: if you avoid 24 hr news channels and read news from sources that aren't stupid, you won't be subjected to stupid news (as much)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

bitey posted:

It's Jeb!

edit: Oh Jeb, you had that innocent guy executed but refused extradition on the serial killer? And you hate Mondays?

That is so Jeb. Classic Jeb.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

I would actually love if that caught on even with just a single artist, like how Pope always adds Shrek ears. Sadly it's probably lost on too many people isn't it?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bitey posted:

Still jerkin' it to the 1934 Sears Catalog underwear section.

It's 2015 you can just go straight Sears.com for all your smut

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Cpt.Americant posted:

I would actually love if that caught on even with just a single artist, like how Pope always adds Shrek ears. Sadly it's probably lost on too many people isn't it?

At best you'd probably have a lot of people thinking it was a reference to those yellow Minion dudes

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So I just caught a headline saying that Dolezal said, "I identify as black."

T minus fourteen days and counting for the Drinky Duck toons!

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Internet Webguy posted:

Beeler has a point, since when does selling something legal count as a job?
"Well, let's say this Cheeto represents a normal job market. According to this morning's report, it would be a Cheeto... 35 feet long and weighing six hundred pounds."

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
That Lukovich, holy cow.

Okay, Glenn McCoy making a fair point and an effective visual is something from the pit of my nightmares.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Isn't there an old comic (now owned by Marvel I think) that had talking Dinosaurs in suits?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Isn't there an old comic (now owned by Marvel I think) that had talking Dinosaurs in suits?

I do love the dinos in suits, but this is a pretty lazy "a movie happened and also republicans are bad" from Rogers. He's usually better, or at least gives us the Crazy Eyes! :pwn:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

achillesforever6 posted:

Devil Dinosaur

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Dinosaurs for Hire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah that one

• Locked thread