Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Scruffy the janitor posted:

This did not work out for anyone.

You're telling me.

H2H One Win, so Eduardo's very bad day turned the week from a tie to a loss. I still led WHIP until Lester's last couple of outs. One of which was an overturned call. Fantasy Baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Thanks guys! Ya, I mean, I know things are going to change in September, but really, I am better than .500 or close to it in all the pitching catergories but S's, which I don't play for. Probably about a dozen or bakers dozen total offensive losses, my worst cat. is steals, for now. But yeah, that is why I will look to move for guys on contending teams, or guys that are not going to lose their jobs to call-ups. Will consider adding an Ace though, kinda like that idea.

fe; actually steal are good now, but were a problem. And, I want Cano gone, for reasons you can see.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
You could speculate on summer call-ups like:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

blarzgh posted:

On the flip side, anyone who thinks Dozier and Morales are going to continue to perform the way they have been is a moron.

Dozier was the #33 player last year

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Cubs calling up Schwarber to DH for 2 series, then sending him back down. Unless of course, he hits, and they decide to try him in the outfield...

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in my roto league i am first in runs by 57. thank you, donaldson, martin, bautista, pollock, and fowler.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Dozier was the #33 player last year

I was wrong about Dozier, I thought he was outperforming his projections by more. I'll die on the Morales hill though.

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.
Got offered:

Puig
Sandoval
for
Correa
Bryant

I'm thinking I do this but I'm pretty torn.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Edit: Is that a keeper league? ^^^^

Speaking of poo poo that didn't work out, gently caress off Gio. I don't even know what to do with you

Scruffy the janitor fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 16, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Edit: Is that a keeper league? ^^^^

Speaking of poo poo that didn't work out, gently caress off Gio. I don't even know what to do with you

Gio is loving awful. He's too good to drop but I will no longer start him anymore.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I don't have a ton of speed, but my offense in this one league is just silly.

12 team H2H 5x5

:circlefap:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fromsinkingsands posted:

Got offered:

Puig
Sandoval
for
Correa
Bryant

I'm thinking I do this but I'm pretty torn.

My immediate thought is "hell no" but give more context.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think from now on when people offer no context we should just universally agree that they do the trade.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just steadfastly am against the notion that Sandoval is in a "buy low" situation. The fact that this is even being considered makes me think there aren't keeper implications but I would still decline.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
The guy who has Robinson Cano in my league has run out of patience for him, and he's really struggling at catcher. I know for a fact (based on previous years) that he has a hard on for Matt Wieters, and I've also got Travis D'Arnaud on my bench.

I'm currently starting Logan Forsythe at 2nd, and don't have much else there (I've got Jose Reyes and Carlos Correa, but they've only got SS eligibility). Will it be worth it for me to shoot him an offer for Cano, or is there something wrong with him?

VV Thank you sir :)

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 16, 2015

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

ozymandius1024 posted:

The guy who has Robinson Cano in my league has run out of patience for him, and he's really struggling at catcher. I know for a fact (based on previous years) that he has a hard on for Matt Wieters, and I've also got Travis D'Arnaud on my bench.

I'm currently starting Logan Forsythe at 2nd, and don't have much else there (I've got Jose Reyes and Carlos Correa, but they've only got SS eligibility). Will it be worth it for me to shoot him an offer for Cano, or is there something wrong with him?

Mariners-itis with a severe case of Safeco-flu. Avoid.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I traded away George Springer and Anibal Sanchez just in time for Springer to hit two bombs and Sanchez to throw a 2 hit CGSO. I had good games out of Walker and Syndergaard which negated Rodon and Gio Gonzalez being terrible. I'm starting to think that every decision I make in fantasy baseball is wrong and I should start doing this George Costanza style and do the exact opposite of what my gut is telling me.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Jingleheimer posted:

I traded away George Springer and Anibal Sanchez just in time for Springer to hit two bombs and Sanchez to throw a 2 hit CGSO. I had good games out of Walker and Syndergaard which negated Rodon and Gio Gonzalez being terrible. I'm starting to think that every decision I make in fantasy baseball is wrong and I should start doing this George Costanza style and do the exact opposite of what my gut is telling me.

This. Except about my life.

And fantasy baseball

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Of course, I add Andrelton Simmons only to possibly lose him for days (possibly weeks).

I don't follow the braves as much as I used to, but how good is Jace Peterson?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Why Kimbrel, why?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Don't want to kneejerk too hard here but Tyson Ross: what's going on here

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Every Padres pitcher is complete dogshit (except James Shields for some reason).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Except James Shields is stealthily dog poo poo

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
addison reed got a save last night, think they might be making him closer again

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

Schweinhund posted:

Should I drop Boxberger for him? The Rays bullpen is so muddled right now and Boxberger hasn't gotten any of the last 4 save opportunities

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

The Diamondbacks refusal to use a perfectly good Brad Zeigler as ther closer for the last like three years is one of the most frustrating things in fantasy.

It's like clockwork every year: D-backs get new closer. New closer struggles. Zeigler steps in and locks down the ninth. D-backs decide that he doesn't get enough strikeouts. Repeat.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 17, 2015

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Correction, that save was 2 nights ago.

I looked at the box score of that game and it says 1.1 IP, no hits, no walks, no ER. Not bad! Then you look at the game log and he let 2 inherited runners score on a wild pitch and a double.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS :argh:

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I can't take a league seriously when there are that many default team names.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Piper posted:

i will never change my team name.

I'm entering a strategy that I have never really done before - platooning hitters based on matchups. It hasn't been terribly difficult so far since Semien is garbage and Pedroia is day-to-day, but I almost always carry 3 extra relief pitchers, so it's been fun so far.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Poque posted:

I'm entering a strategy that I have never really done before - platooning hitters based on matchups. It hasn't been terribly difficult so far since Semien is garbage and Pedroia is day-to-day, but I almost always carry 3 extra relief pitchers, so it's been fun so far.

Been doing this all year in my h2h daily by carrying a bunch of outfielders to switch out and have only had the gently caress HOMERUNS ON MY BENCH ARGH pain twice

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Piper posted:

It's a random public league Ieague I'm destroying. I was about ready to run the table but the goddamn Purple People Eaters :argh:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Poque posted:

It's been working for me for the most part. Missed a few homers but I definitely get more production out of it. Valbuena is available and I might start plugging him in vs RHP until Lowrie is back.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 17, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did Yahoo ever give a reason for no pay leagues this year?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

jabro posted:

Did Yahoo ever give a reason for no pay leagues this year?

Nope, they just said "they're coming, just wait!" over and over until people forgot about them.

edit: hahahaha, so after this post, I tweeted them and asked and got this response:

"Oh, we haven't forgotten! They'll be coming soon. No specific date yet, though. Sorry."

Still coming. Sure. I'll believe that when me poo poo turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 17, 2015

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

So about the platooning hitters thing, I wanted to start doing a daily matchups post and track the results, or at least when I have the time, but I had some issues with consistent internet access. Now that it's no longer a problem, I can begin. I guess this is somewhat like a DFS column, except I'll never be suggesting universally owned players.

There are a lot of qualifiers to this strategy, if you can call it a strategy. Players I suggest might not be available. Other owners might start to catch on and disrupt it. It doesn't work well with small benches. You might have transaction/game limits. And so on.

I'm trying to, over time, get marginally better results plugging in players with good matchups, rather than just playing my worst starter that is slumping but is too good to drop/has a terrible matchup, etc. Like say you have the previously mentioned Luis Valbuena because a 2B with 16 HR and 30 RBI is valuable despite the AVG, but he's playing Kershaw, and already hits .125 against lefties as it is. Why not try to at least get someone to go 2/4 with a rbi or two?

Once all games are over I'll take a look at the top performers for that day and there usually tends to be one guy who is a borderline add who goes 4/5 with a couple bombs. I'm hoping to guess that lottery ticket right more often.

But enough theory, let's see how I do. I'll post a day ahead, so feel free to pick up my suggestions, praise me when they go well, curse me when they don't. This is better suited to roto, since all my H2H leagues only allow 6 pickups a week. While I'll list a player for every position, I'm only going to track the stats of who I'd actually make a roster move on. Those will be in bold.

For June 18 games:

C: A.J. Pierzynski (L) vs RHP Clay Bucholz
1B: Ryan Howard (L) vs RHP Bud Norris
2B: Luis Valbuena (L) RHP David Hale in Coors :getin:
3B: Trevor Plouffe (R) vs LHP Jamie Garcia
SS: Justin Turner, if available. This one was tough. I'd stick with a rostered SS.
OF: Denard Span (L) vs RHP Chris Archer. Archer is on a roll, but Span hits RHP well.
OF: Andre Ethier (L) vs RHP Colby Lewis
OF: Ben Paulsen (L) vs RHP Collin McHugh. See above. OF eligible on Yahoo
UT: Adam Lind (L) vs notable bad RHP Jeremy Guthrie

Let's see if I can keep high .280s with some counting stats I wouldn't otherwise get. And remind me next year to actually buy in to the position scarcity thing.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 18, 2015

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
We really need the thread title changed to Stream Against the White Sox.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

weas posted:

We really need the thread title changed to Stream Against the White Sox.

Or Philly. During their current 9-game losing streak they've scored 18 runs, for a healthy 2 R/G.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i would if i could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Oh cool it's that time where one dude is singlehandedly beating not only your IRL team but your fantasy team as well, gently caress you Todd Frazier fuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooooooooou

• Locked thread