Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Zereth posted:

You obviously don't have the gene that makes broccoli taste super bitter then.
I'm pretty sure there's also something about growing and losing a lot of taste buds over time, which partly explains why adults and babies like broccoli more than older children. And some people just haven't had broccoli made properly, they've only seen it boiled to a disgusting mush rather than steamed to al dente.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

I don't like all vegetables, but broccoli I do like, and I never understood the hate of broccoli. Those are my broccoli thoughts.

It's because a lot of your sense of taste is memory based. Kids are very sensitive to bitter tastes and a lot of them have texture aversion issues when it comes to food. So some people remember being a kid more than others and recall "super bitter weird-feeling thing" when they think about broccoli.

Thank you for reading my very interesting treatise on the thing my feeding expert wife just told me in the comics thread.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So people are whiners with the palate of a baby. Got it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The agony of eating broccoli as a child is one of the best examples that Voice for Men's Paul Elam could give when talking about why his scamorganization needs to exist.

Some serious poo poo, man.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Walker posted:

This is a weird one, because the joke should be the kid saying "dickloma" but that's not the end of the strip. Instead it looks like the joke is "Parents are expected to go to stupid pointless things for their kids" when most parents actually would want to go to something like that. Maybe I'm reading too much into it due to what I know about Lynn.

The joke is the letter says it means a lot to the kids, but the kid doesn't give a poo poo and barely even understands it. So yeah, typical Lynn.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Go home, Inspector Danger, you're drunk.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

The Sphinxster posted:

So people are whiners with the palate of a baby. Got it.

There are even babies who like vegetables. So they're literally worse than a baby.

And hitler, too.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

ZeeToo posted:

Reply All

Seriously, put a scar on one eye and this guy is totally Zed from Day-by-Day.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Cool! I get to post on page 666!

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 6/16/2004

Don't you have a boyfriend, Juliette? I'm sure he would appreciate your flirting.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

...There'd be immense steaming turds all over the streets and sidewalks. You think birds are bad?

Cul-de-sac

Poptropica

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

...There'd be immense steaming turds all over the streets and sidewalks. You think birds are bad?

Actually dragon poop is very valuable, so the poo poo will be quickly harvested from the streets, leaving them sparkly clean.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

:kimchi:

cul de sac best comic

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

The last time she tried yoga was 14 years ago?

Retail

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

This is really happening, huh. Wonderful.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Due process is dead to the Phantom. Probably with a skull mark on its cheek.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Who even is this guy the Phantom is messing with? I only saw the stuff about Guran's stupid contest, as far as I know the Phantom just broke into some nobody's house and then beat the hell out of him when the guy pulled a gun on the man who just broke into his house wearing purple spandex and striped briefs

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think he's a deputy director of FIFA.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

A guy in prison thinking about murder. What are the odds.

Skippy (April 17, 1928)

Peanuts introduces a very familiar looking kid. Except this one has eyeballs, of course. (June 18, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Pete and Darin were drawing Gen X jokes in high school? What year is it supposed to be in the Funkyverse, anyway?

Popeye, in which the truth is out!

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 11-12, 1927)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set works the odds.

Working Days can't be tied down, baby.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix points and laughs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Spectacled bears are pretty cool.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

goatface posted:

Spectacled bears are pretty cool.
Nah. gently caress those bears.

F Minus heartlessly makes light of a horrible experience many man go through as they age and should just not be made fun of, ok?

Mary Worth

That's right, kids. Stalking works!

Rex Morgan MD

Oh. Stuff! How creepy!

Secret Agent X-9

This comic is from Christmas Eve of 1935, by the way. It's not Christmassy at all, just thought I'd mention it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wrong. Here's a good E/N post about why spectacled bears are good.

Enhydra lutris posted:

Thank You for the Kind Words; I am happy that the Dugongs are enjoyed by Posters; their Plight should be publicised; please tell your Friends and Relations about them; and their Danger of Extinction. They are closely related to the Manatees; the Dugong and the Three (3) extant Species of Manatee (the West Indian Manatee [Trichechus manatus]; the West African Manatee [Trichechus senegalensis]; the Amazonian Manatee [Trichechus inunguis]) are the only remaining members of the Sirenia Order; the Steller's Sea Cow (Hydrodamalis gigas) became Extinct quite recently; the last Sighting was in the Eighteenth Century. I am especially interested in Dugongs and Manatees because Male Specimens frequently engage in Homosexual Behaviour; the West Indian Manatee (Trichechus manatus) is particularly known for its Homosexual Behaviour; Males of this Species frequently stimulate each other's Genitalia with their Mouths; or Masturbate via Friction; they rub their Penises together to the point of Ejaculation; they are Highly Affectionate between Males [Homosocial]. I appreciate Bears; they are an Apex Predator and are thus a vital part of a Functioning Ecosystem across multiple Biomes; my Favourite Bear is the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus); I enjoy its charming Yellow Facial Markings; and its Peaceful Nature; it is predominantly Vegetarian [feeding on Plants] and very Shy. An Interesting Fact is that "Bear" is a Euphemism [Gentle Phrase] for a Large and Hairy Homosexual Man; "Otter" is a Euphemism for a Thin and Hairy Homosexual Man; I was informed of this by the Fab Goons; I am Large and Hairy; I also wear Spectacles; I could refer to my self in a Light Hearted Fashion as a Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus); but I am not a Homosexual so I can not use this Term. Here is a Photograph of a Spectacled Bear with prominent Markings; it is a Handsome Bear.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're so much better than pandas. gently caress pandas.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

I feel like she was called something other than Nerdface before. Boogerface sounds right. Presumably the syndicate had a problem publishing the word "booger" in a strip for children, since children would never use such an uncouth term.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

A passable (barely) Charles Nelson Reilly but Gene Rayburn was not a paunchy black man.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

This is an elaborate plot to switch husbands as they please

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

In honor of Lord Satan, I am posting some old edits I made 2 or 3 threads ago. I recently rediscovered them. I think they were Mark Trail originally.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Julet Esqu posted:

I feel like she was called something other than Nerdface before. Boogerface sounds right. Presumably the syndicate had a problem publishing the word "booger" in a strip for children, since children would never use such an uncouth term.

You're probably right.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Days can't be tied down, baby.

Huuuurgh. Something about the way this artist draws the human body is just intensely repulsive, but I can't put my finger on what exactly it is. Brooke's art is bad, but I can let my eyes slide past it without absorbing too much ick. But somehow the way Working Days is drawn makes me look at it every time, even though I don't want to.

Scroto Baggins posted:

In honor of Lord Satan, I am posting some old edits I made 2 or 3 threads ago. I recently rediscovered them. I think they were Mark Trail originally.

I think this was Rex Morgan, actually. I remember because this plotline, like all Rex Morgan plotlines, began with Rex and company in mortal danger and resolved with the antagonists smiling and offering the Morgans more money.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's Judge Parker. Wilson & Manley gives it away.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

goatface posted:

That's Judge Parker. Wilson & Manley gives it away.

:doh: Ah, that's right! I forgot, the money rule applies to Judge Parker more so than it does to Rex Morgan.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Maybe Adobe will take the hint and do the same thing to Brooke's Photoshop computer.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Wouldn't that be "onee-san?" Is this a nerd trap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, it took them less than a week to gently caress it up.

Why are Mysta and Honeymoon even suddenly weaboos anyway?

• Locked thread