Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

What is with the real doll rubber faces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i think japanese kickstarter would actually work out well because if anyone fails to deliver a product they'll just kill themselves and the backers will get blood

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i never played shenmue but it looks like a waifu simulator to me. also a usaf bomber jacket is kind of a weird wardrobe choice for a japanese person

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i never played shenmue but it looks like a waifu simulator to me. also a usaf bomber jacket is kind of a weird wardrobe choice for a japanese person

there's only a few scenes with a woman character iirc. in #2 there's more though i think.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

2 mil in nine hours

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

2 mil in nine hours
this is what all those gamers paid for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Hq5f5olE0

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
How about a Kickstarter for a theme park where we just recreate your 90s suburban childhood perfectly

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

How about a Kickstarter for a theme park where we just recreate your 90s suburban childhood perfectly

if we get to smash it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

PleasureKevin posted:

if we get to smash it

how about a game where you upload pictures of yourself as a child, and those are used to create a 3d model of yourself as a child. then you get to play as a bully who beats the poo poo out of your own dumb kid self

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

Trig Discipline posted:

how about a game where you upload pictures of yourself as a child, and those are used to create a 3d model of yourself as a child. then you get to play as a bully who beats the poo poo out of your own dumb kid self

gonna need an option for several younger mes throughout the years, my past is an ever-changing list of grievances against myself

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-crystal-maze-a-live-immersive-experience

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
hi here's a real ks from real people who actually know what they're doing:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/keyboardio/the-model-01-an-heirloom-grade-keyboard-for-seriou

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

cool, a free screwdriver

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that looks really uncomfortable

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
im the blue and purple leds next to the wood grain and the leather and felt bound book.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Snapchat A Titty posted:

that looks really uncomfortable

its actually the opposite assuming you get used to that poo poo

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/infinity-ergodox

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JawnV6 posted:

hi here's a real ks from real people who actually know what they're doing:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/keyboardio/the-model-01-an-heirloom-grade-keyboard-for-seriou

really tempted by this one, i must admit

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

so "heirloom" now means anything made of wood?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

A Yolo Wizard posted:

its actually the opposite assuming you get used to that poo poo

same but for water torture

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

Sweevo posted:

an assortment of rainbow LEDs, just like my grandpappy used to microcontrol back home

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

PleasureKevin posted:

a smart phone

nah there's a legit requirement here, emergency services need separate communications because you can't count on cell phones working during an emergency

the problem isn't the idea, it's just the usual combination of the idea not actually being new + the person with the idea not being competent to deliver it

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i see all these people paying $$$$ for aluminum cnc keyboard cases. i wonder if people would pay me if i designed one and had someplace do MIM to make it out of stainless steel so it's heavy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sweevo posted:

i think they're trying to suggest that their keyboards are so high-quality that you'll be able to pass them down to future generations

or maybe they're tomato-flavored

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

kickstarter idea: a kit that lets you build/customize your own keyboard. throw in some marketing copy comparing it to building your own lightsaber. obtain millions of dollars to ship out half-worked raw materials.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

A Yolo Wizard posted:

im the blue and purple leds next to the wood grain and the leather and felt bound book.
leds that are so good only a nineteen megabyte animated gif can do them justice

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux. posted:

kickstarter idea: a kit that lets you build/customize your own keyboard. throw in some marketing copy comparing it to building your own lightsaber. obtain millions of dollars to ship out half-worked raw materials.

they used part of a hand grenade for ben kenobi's lightsaber. i would like that kind of styling on my keyboard

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

two kickstarter games using the same sprite for the main character

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/251752459/bitman

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/302575193/raze-runner

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

the picture for the second one is pretty amazing

especially with all the logos followed by this in the description:

quote:

Platforms
-Windows

-Xbox One

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

spacebar = jump? well I'm sold!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i know i've seen that goddamn asset somewhere

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i like the zelda font

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

what is it called when some kruegerrand obsesses over the little details of something but completely ignores the most important parts of a project? like that furry bitcoiner loganschrye who listed out all of the types of soda he would have at his movie theater but didn't know or care about licensing or equipment or utilities. is it just mental illness/autism/being a literal child or is there a better word for it?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

i like that enough people don't bother to change the camera settings that it's possible to tell a project is awful from the background color

i like to call it International Clown Blue

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Vlad the Retailer posted:

i like that enough people don't bother to change the camera settings that it's possible to tell a project is awful from the background color

i like to call it International Clown Blue

oh wow lol

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

theflyingexecutive posted:

what is it called when some kruegerrand obsesses over the little details of something but completely ignores the most important parts of a project? like that furry bitcoiner loganschrye who listed out all of the types of soda he would have at his movie theater but didn't know or care about licensing or equipment or utilities. is it just mental illness/autism/being a literal child or is there a better word for it?

"aggressively inexperienced"

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
call it scope insensitivity

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

theflyingexecutive posted:

bikeshedding is the closest term I think

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

that's because it was about him daydreaming about drinking all the sodas he wants without mom yelling and eating popcorn while watching tale spin all day

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Vlad the Retailer posted:

bikeshedding is the closest term I think

it's like that but imagine they get caught up into daydreaming about the bike shed itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

so, imaginary bikeshedding?

I really really like that metaphor

• Locked thread