Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Plus those robes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Unlocked white Mage. Now do I pound scholar or whm to fifty

White Mage. You get to wear the comfiest outfits and you get Holy, which works a treat if you're of the "kill dungeons quicklike" persuasion.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Countblanc posted:

I am, and asked in PBC and linkshells a handful of times for each. I'm not trying to start poo poo I'm just saying that "ask goons!!" isn't some universal panacea for clearing content,

http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27516

lose your old linkshells, join this one, just try to be online sometime in the evening CST???

i don't make very many guarantees but asking us is a universal panacea for clearing something as easy and fun as ex primals, assuming we're not already running something

Tarranon fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 16, 2015

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Boten Anna posted:

Just got an email saying that my collector's edition shipped :toot:

My notice came in at 5AM EST yesterday! I guess they are really trying to get them out to international orders before the grace period runs out.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

nuru posted:

Obey on Eos, Sic on Selene. There's very little content where you should need Eos outside of solo healing coil, or healing Bahamut with a WHM you aren't comfortable with.

Yeah, I always use Eos on obey, but I've only ever used it when there's 2x sch in the group..

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Goons are easy to get together. For example, last night I asked in third party tools FC chat and a couple of goon linkshells for people to run some guildhests with to get the challenge log. In just a few minutes I had enough people volunteer that two groups were made.

Either you haven't got into the right linkshells or you're not asking the right way because I never have trouble getting groups.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Yo, this is Trogdor Burninator. When can I find people online for getting me into the new fc in prep for the expansion? Gonna move on down and be helpful for once.

....He says as he remembers we have a seperate website....

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Captainsalami posted:

Yo, this is Trogdor Burninator. When can I find people online for getting me into the new fc in prep for the expansion? Gonna move on down and be helpful for once.

....He says as he remembers we have a seperate website....

offsite forums are the cancer killing the forums slash a necessary organizational tool choose appropriate answer

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Never not be casting Holy.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Azubah posted:

Never not be casting Holy.

someone in n than yelled at me for not ressing him and got even more angry when I told him if I ressed him I'd be missing out on 2 holies and it wasn't worth it

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Eos is a free tank cooldown. You pop Whispering Dawn, the boss turns and swats Eos like a fly for drawing aggro, you swiftcast resummon.

Also: The littlest machinist:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 16, 2015

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Bertram Weatherby posted:

White Mage. You get to wear the comfiest outfits

There is that awkward period for female white mages where you have the AF pants but not the robe.

Though I suppose that might be comfortable in some senses of the word, it seems like it'd be kinda breezy to me.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Level Scholar cause its DPS and healer when you realize healing is boring.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Did the patch notes reading happen already? Anything interesting in it?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
That's later. Heavensward was shown for like 30 seconds in the square press conference.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Demicol posted:

Did the patch notes reading happen already? Anything interesting in it?

Patch notes should be in roughly 8 hours.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demicol posted:

Did the patch notes reading happen already?

I think it's 7pm PST tonight.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

WHM for AOE, SCH for :effort: leveling and playing a DPS with much faster queue times.

With SCH you also get SMN leveled as an added bonus and SMN's changes in 3.0 look nice. Tri-disaster applying 3 of your DoTs at once will be convenient as will being able Akh Morn your enemies. :getin:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Magil Zeal posted:

There is that awkward period for female white mages where you have the AF pants but not the robe.

Though I suppose that might be comfortable in some senses of the word, it seems like it'd be kinda breezy to me.

What do they look like on females? I've only worn them on my giant male Roegadyn and they were just short pants.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I thought it was today (16th) but it looks like its on the 17th.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Renegret posted:

What do they look like on females? I've only worn them on my giant male Roegadyn and they were just short pants.

Frilly underwear, pretty much

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Renegret posted:

It's a miniskirt. Actually, I'm not sure it's even long enough to qualify as a miniskirt.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Saigyouji posted:

It's a miniskirt. Actually, I'm not sure it's even long enough to qualify as a miniskirt.

It's panties with a frill around the waist. The skirt comes with the chest. :v:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Saigyouji posted:

:yikes:

Which was the same reaction I had when I realized the female catgirl racial skirt was just a big old fashioned gratuitous upskirt panty shot.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Demicol posted:

I thought it was today (16th) but it looks like its on the 17th.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. (PDT) - Heavensward (Preliminary) Patch Note Reading

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Evil Fluffy posted:

WHM for AOE, SCH for :effort: leveling and playing a DPS with much faster queue times.

With SCH you also get SMN leveled as an added bonus and SMN's changes in 3.0 look nice. Tri-disaster applying 3 of your DoTs at once will be convenient as will being able Akh Morn your enemies. :getin:

Hmm true I would be side leveling summoner at the same time. I'm pre Titan content and have SCH33 and WHM32 so maybe I'll just..... Do both.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Jia posted:

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. (PDT) - Heavensward (Preliminary) Patch Note Reading

Is this happening at the squeenix E3 conference or is it its own separate thing? Come to think of it, when is the squeenix E3 thing?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Squeenix E3 thing just ended. It was a wet fart. FFXIV is its own E3 thing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Playing this game I've been steadily unlearning assumptions carried over from World of Warcraft. My latest epiphany: drops from dungeon bosses aren't BoP :aaa:

EDIT:

Eej posted:

Squeenix E3 thing just ended. It was a wet fart. FFXIV is its own E3 thing.

I take exception to calling a new Nier game a wet fart :colbert:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Playing this game I've been steadily unlearning assumptions carried over from World of Warcraft. My latest epiphany: drops from dungeon bosses aren't BoP :aaa:

Endgame drops are.

E: nier wasn't but the whole conference was a wet fart

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SirPhoebos posted:

EDIT:

I take exception to calling a new Nier game a wet fart :colbert:

Just Cause 3 and new Deus Ex too! JC3 looked a lot cooler and more fun than the announcement trailer, can't wait to crash bridges.

But yeah, everything else was mostly mobile games that looked terrible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It really depends on the dungeon. There are a few sub 50 dungeons that drop unique gear that is also tradable. Good source of Gil for those in need.

All 50+ dungeons drop untradable items, though.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

KaneTW posted:

Endgame drops are.

Thanks for letting me know beforehand (the leveling gear will make bringing up alt disciplines much faster)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Try to temper the joy over Tri-Disaster until we figure out what the aetherflow situation looks like. Otherwise it's a Sophie's Choice between Tri-Disaster and Fester.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFZ6RJqTWY

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

when do we get the Nier tie-in event so i can dress my au ra up as kaine?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

It really depends on the dungeon. There are a few sub 50 dungeons that drop unique gear that is also tradable. Good source of Gil for those in need.

All 50+ dungeons drop untradable items, though.

Even then it depends on the drop. The Foestrikers set isn't tradeable but the Plundered is and they drop from the same dungeons. After the first three dungeons I don't think there's another tradeable dungeon gear set until Darkhold?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
The new LB's own :eyepop:

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Is that Megaflare for SMN's new LB3? That's pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
warrior of dorkass

• Locked thread