Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

It's pretty cool that Ninjas get Unlimited Blade Works as their LB3, and Bards get Gate of Babylon (except with arrows)

I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doublestep posted:

I don't give a gently caress if MCH/BRD LBs are less damage than melee dps they're getting used nonstop

:agreed:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm sad that I can't watch trailers or see images at work. I know practically nothing about Heavensward except the three new classes and Ishgard opening up.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Personally I'm more intrigued by the fact that Varis zos Galvus is apparently willing to be civil, for at least one meeting. 2.3 kind of painted him as being ready to run a train over Eorzea without hesitation.

I'm also looking forward to the Awkward Elf Camping Trip. Curious to see how that entire trip to visit Hraesvelgr plays out.

But yes I am ridiculously hype and cannot wait for this thing. THAT MUSIC.

Though I'm really nervous about Bismarck being Spine of Deathwing all over again :ohdear:

Also I cannot help but approve of all the Bahamut stuff Summoner is getting, I'd been wondering since 2.0 how they'd handle the inevitable demand for Bahamut summons

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Not only do summoners get Akh Morn, they also get Gigaflare? Confirmed for best class.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Reminds me that I never saw the second or final coil cutscenes, and now I'm never going to, at least without youtube. drat and blast. :smith:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

Personally I'm more intrigued by the fact that Varis zos Galvus is apparently willing to be civil, for at least one meeting. 2.3 kind of painted him as being ready to run a train over Eorzea without hesitation.

I'm also looking forward to the Awkward Elf Camping Trip. Curious to see how that entire trip to visit Hraesvelgr plays out.

But yes I am ridiculously hype and cannot wait for this thing. THAT MUSIC.

Though I'm really nervous about Bismarck being Spine of Deathwing all over again :ohdear:

Also I cannot help but approve of all the Bahamut stuff Summoner is getting, I'd been wondering since 2.0 how they'd handle the inevitable demand for Bahamut summons
I was kinda more expecting you to be hype over that he is GEORGE NAKATA

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Reminds me that I never saw the second or final coil cutscenes, and now I'm never going to, at least without youtube. drat and blast. :smith:

Coil isn't going anywhere.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

True, I suppose.

I'm getting screwed by work proxy; what time/day does early access start? Can we update/install Heavensward before then? (Honestly, do I really even have a hope of getting on the servers without getting destroyed by lag/server crashes?)

While I'm at it, with Minfilia apparently out of the picture, you think I should switch back to English VO from Japanese? :v:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

ilifinicus posted:

I squealed with joy when I realized it was George.

That being said, I'm trying to figure out which actress it is voicing the woman's voice at ~4:54 or so. The line in between Lahabrea's. I know that voice but for some reason I can't place a name and it's driving me nuts. :smith:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They should implement a need rolling system for lbs since everyone will be jumping on lb3 as soon as it pops

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Ciaphas posted:

True, I suppose.

I'm getting screwed by work proxy; what time/day does early access start? Can we update/install Heavensward before then? (Honestly, do I really even have a hope of getting on the servers without getting destroyed by lag/server crashes?)

While I'm at it, with Minfilia apparently out of the picture, you think I should switch back to English VO from Japanese? :v:

Friday, 2 AM PDT.
Yes.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Man, SE still knows how to build up some hype and do good trailers. My game boner is blotting out the sun right now. :awesome:

I'm curious how much story we'll have to go through to get the new jobs unlocked, was hoping not too much but narratively it's going to need some buildup. "Here's your Visa, and these people right here want to teach you some new poo poo right away!"

Bertram Weatherby posted:

That being said, I'm trying to figure out which actress it is voicing the woman's voice at ~4:54 or so. The line in between Lahabrea's. I know that voice but for some reason I can't place a name and it's driving me nuts. :smith:

If that's Hydealyn's voice actress, I'm pretty sure it's Mary McGlynn of Ghost in the Shell: SAC and a billion other things.

LegionAreI fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 16, 2015

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

We're not lucky enough to be free of Minfilia.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ciaphas posted:

True, I suppose.

2 am friday morning PST. Don't think they've said but everyone is assuming that at some point during the 24 hour maintenance you will as that is how previous updates have been done. I will be really shocked if it isn't a lot like the 2.0 launch all over again in terms of lag and crashes.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

LegionAreI posted:

If that's Hydealyn's voice actress, I'm pretty sure it's Mary McGlynn of Ghost in the Shell: SAC and a billion other things.

Oh, no, I meant in the Japanese version of the trailer. Somebody said it was Hydaelyn's VA (Ikeda Masako) but it doesn't really sound like her to me.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

I'm sad that I can't watch trailers or see images at work. I know practically nothing about Heavensward except the three new classes and Ishgard opening up.

I can't see any game poo poo either but YouTube does work. Having never played the game at all before, that trailer made me fizzy in my pants.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

2 am friday morning PST. Don't think they've said but everyone is assuming that at some point during the 24 hour maintenance you will as that is how previous updates have been done. I will be really shocked if it isn't a lot like the 2.0 launch all over again in terms of lag and crashes.

Assume the worst but hope for the best. I at least managed to play 2.0 when it came out with more time actually playing than I spent waiting out hiccups, and they've had a year and a half of learning how to manage a data center and their own server software. There will probably be login queues and area/server restarts, but probably and hopefully less than at launch.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ciaphas posted:

I would not be at all surprised if there are not some revenge runs of Coil in the coming weeks. You'll still get to blow up the Mutt, I wouldn't worry too much.

ilifinicus posted:

Nakata doing Varis is also cool, but if anything it sounds a little weird that Varis is that deep, because he previously gave off this kind of Sephiroth pretty-boy vibe. As it stands now, I keep expecting Varis to turn into a vampire or an overly-sarcastic priest :v:

Ciaphas posted:

What we've heard of the Ishgardians to date sounded pretty good, so I suspect Heavensward's English track will be of a reasonably higher caliber than launch 2.0's was. I'd say go for it.

Boten Anna posted:

Assume the worst but hope for the best. I at least managed to play 2.0 when it came out with more time actually playing than I spent waiting out hiccups, and they've had a year and a half of learning how to manage a data center and their own server software. There will probably be login queues and area/server restarts, but probably and hopefully less than at launch.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the servers exploding. There'll probably be a crush of people at 2AM (I will be one of those people) but I doubt there'll be crippling server issues.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It'll be hilarious if you have to go on kill quests to unlock your class LB3's spirit animal before you can use it.

DRK? Your LB is Ruinous Omen. Go kill Diabolos.

NIN? Your LB is I poo poo Swords. Go kill Ravana.

SMN? Your LB is Megaflare. Go kill Bahamut yourself.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Thundarr posted:

It'll be hilarious if you have to go on kill quests to unlock your class LB3's spirit animal before you can use it.

Keep the nasty chunky peanut butter of FF11 out of the smooth delicious chocolate of FF14.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the servers exploding. There'll probably be a crush of people at 2AM (I will be one of those people) but I doubt there'll be crippling server issues.

It's a really good time to put servers up; a time where only pathetic loser nerds like up will get up, then the loser pathetic loser nerds that keep a sleep schedule, then people who get off in the afternoon, then primetime. Since processing logons is one of the biggest pain points, this should really help.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pksage posted:

Keep the nasty chunky peanut butter of FF11 out of the smooth delicious chocolate of FF14.

Thems fighting words

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Bertram Weatherby posted:

That's Iceheart's voice actor

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

ilifinicus posted:

Uchida Maaya?

Ehhh, I don't think it is but I'm out of ideas.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

ilifinicus posted:

Oh that makes a lot of sense.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Did Merlwyb's English voice get changed? I liked the old one :(

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

It's a really good time to put servers up; a time where only pathetic loser nerds like up will get up, then the loser pathetic loser nerds that keep a sleep schedule, then people who get off in the afternoon, then primetime. Since processing logons is one of the biggest pain points, this should really help.

Clearly if you haven't finished 2.55 you should be banned from logging in during early release. Don't need those non hw plebs clogging up my server.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Ither posted:

Did Merlwyb's English voice get changed? I liked the old one :(

I think it's the same person, actually. She's just a bit downbeat in that line so she sounds a little different.

It's Alph who seems to have been changed completely, and that bums me out a little because Sam Riegel was really getting into the character in the later patches. Unless they're doing some really weird fakeout thing and that isn't Alph talking in the English version of the trailer.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Clearly if you haven't finished 2.55 you should be banned from logging in during early release. Don't need those non hw plebs clogging up my server.

Please no, I need to hear their reactions in Coerthas first-hand at 2am when they realize they're not getting into Ishgard.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm glad my master plan of "stay away from DRG so you can take it on the main quest to 60 without burning out early" has worked. I'm genuinely chomping at the bit to play it again.

Maybe I'll take a couple more stabs at getting it some WoD drops before Friday...

(edit) Then again there's always DRK's teen-emo siren song to be getting on with first. drat. Makes me kind of wonder, though, how the population will split up when people start unlocking the new jobs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just noticed that in the Dragonsong video, the Warrior of Light has Ragnarok. Generic Hyur finally stopped being a casual scrub.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I really, really hope the Warrior of Darkness is just the player character with a goatee

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fister Roboto posted:

I just noticed that in the Dragonsong video, the Warrior of Light has Ragnarok. Generic Hyur finally stopped being a casual scrub.

If he wasn't a scrub, he'd have the dreadwyrm axe.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Baby steps.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

He doesn't have the gear to cover the accuracy loss :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And it has parry on it, anyway. Although Generic Hyur's Ragnarok probably does too :sigh:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Countblanc posted:

I really, really hope the Warrior of Darkness is just the player character with a goatee

Especially for female player characters.

Alt. version: It's you, but a potato. If your character is a potato, you discover that someone else (of the real races) was the actual Warrior of Light all along.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Warrior of Darkness is Tataru, calling it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Didn't you hear all the true power of the echo stuff? The Warrior of Darkness is Minfillia.

• Locked thread