Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

These people playing it are really annoying, but I think they pretty much made a Metroid game in the Hunting Action Genre and that's Cool

The dude who keeps talking over everybody else and getting mad at them getting trapped in the cage with the monster was funny

game kinds looks..eh. It exists. Nothing too special looking though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I just don't understand why it's a Metroid game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I retract my previous statement about it being cool.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't care that it's a genre shift or doesn't star Samus but it'd be nice if it wasn't also the most generic thing in the world. It looks like a tie-in for the crappy CGI cartoon that airs right after Codename STEAM.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The last 2D Metroid was 11 years ago, I've had enough time to come to terms with there no longer being anything to offer in that franchise so I wasn't really disappointed about that announcement.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That game certainly exists alright mmhmm yup

Lmao at the sudden shift to intermission

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't care that it's a genre shift or doesn't star Samus but it'd be nice if it wasn't also the most generic thing in the world. It looks like a tie-in for the crappy CGI cartoon that airs right after Codename STEAM.
The 2 missions they've shown just look boring as poo poo. If it was a PSO/Monhun 4 player coop game in the style of MPH I would probably be kinda into it, but standing on a small platform floating in the void shooting at space pirates on another floating platform for 10 minutes doesn't particularly excite me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Paper Jam on the treehouse

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Kurtofan posted:

Paper Jam on the treehouse

Looks so good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rewatching Paper Jam's trailer, when they defeat enemies they explode into coins. I haven't played Dream Team in awhile but I'm suddenly super concerned.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Rewatching Paper Jam's trailer, when they defeat enemies they explode into coins. I haven't played Dream Team in awhile but I'm suddenly super concerned.

Why.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mario & Luigi: Paper City Ransom

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You get experience do not worry, it's a proper RPG

Also enemies ALWAYS exploded into coins, hearts, flowers, and items in the good Paper Marios. You're worried about nothing!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They did it in Dream Team too, don't worry.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Okay fair enough, watching the stream and my hype is back in the roof.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

gently caress that rhythm game in the papercraft battle's killing my enthusiasm slightly. It looks easy enough at least.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I love rhythm minigames

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I watched that Treehouse run of Animal Crossing Happy Homes and it had the same charm the usual AC had. I might get it if I didn't have to buy shitload of amiibo-cards.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rexroom posted:

I watched that Treehouse run of Animal Crossing Happy Homes and it had the same charm the usual AC had. I might get it if I didn't have to buy shitload of amiibo-cards.

I don't think the amiibo cards are required; they just let you call specific characters and bonuses.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Didn't they say there were gonna be like 100 amiibo cards in the first wave alone? Jeeze. I'm not very excited for either new animal crossing game, the happy home designer seems like a microtransaction based tech demo for a feature mainline AC should have and amiibo party is just a Life simulator it looks like.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

Didn't they say there were gonna be like 100 amiibo cards in the first wave alone? Jeeze. I'm not very excited for either new animal crossing game, the happy home designer seems like a microtransaction based tech demo for a feature mainline AC should have and amiibo party is just a Life simulator it looks like.

Yeah, first (and so far only announced) wave of the Animal Crossing cards has 100 different cards. Sold in 3-packs in Japan, 6-packs in America. And again, I think the cards are more or less bonus; and at most you just need 1 pack

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope it's not something like "the cards unlock new items in game, you gotta get the cards to keep getting new furniture nad villagers"

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
ChibiRobo actually looks like a lot of fun.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope it's not something like "the cards unlock new items in game, you gotta get the cards to keep getting new furniture nad villagers"

I haven't watched the Treehouse footage yet, but everything I've heard so far has been "The cards let you summon those particular characters to do stuff with them" and that you can just play with whatever random animals the game decides to give you outside of that.

EDIT: Watching treehouse stuff now; seems like this is correct; the cards/figurines just let you call the particular character from the card, and they aren't required for play.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 16, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
shut up about those things and get hype about the real exciting upcoming release, http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ep6OG_WGK5AkmTUwE6JnhPoPeeQt-X1t

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

jivjov posted:

I haven't watched the Treehouse footage yet, but everything I've heard so far has been "The cards let you summon those particular characters to do stuff with them" and that you can just play with whatever random animals the game decides to give you outside of that.

EDIT: Watching treehouse stuff now; seems like this is correct; the cards/figurines just let you call the particular character from the card, and they aren't required for play.

Does animal crossing even have 100 characters? Do they even have enough characters to fill out 100 and then possibly 100s more in booster packs???

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FirstAidKite posted:

Does animal crossing even have 100 characters? Do they even have enough characters to fill out 100 and then possibly 100s more in booster packs???

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Villagers

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

Yep. There's a few dozen "major" NPCs, and then something like 250 different villager animals.

This Club Nintendo poster shows all the villagers...none of the major NPCs

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

:eyepop:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

what the gently caress http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jZKUOWrTvCKHTZcrYKLmNUndvs37Xbmz umihara kawase for 3ds and nobody even knew

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

corn in the bible posted:

what the gently caress http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jZKUOWrTvCKHTZcrYKLmNUndvs37Xbmz umihara kawase for 3ds and nobody even knew

everybody knew it came out over a year ago

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

majormonotone posted:

I just don't understand why it's a Metroid game.

Probably the same reason Starfox Adventures is a Starfox game. It was probably deep in development when Nintendo decided it would be better received if they tacked a popular franchise on it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

It looks so terrible. :saddowns:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm wishing more and more the franchise died at Prime 3.

Shut up you cynical grump I'm trying to be excited over here :mad: The game looks cool despite the obvious "hey look its metroid please buy the game you like metroid" branding and you know, maybe it's signaling that there's actual metroid activity going on.

Also why would you ever wish for a franchise to end, they could always make more and better games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

everybody knew it came out over a year ago

well i didnt know and im happy

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

well i didnt know and im happy

The Vita version came out with more levels and the SNES version of the game a couple months ago. Loading times are better on the 3DS though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It looks like Fire Emblem Fates is keeping the Japanese release plan of two separate versions for the overseas release. No word on a combined version yet.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dehry posted:

The Vita version came out with more levels and the SNES version of the game a couple months ago. Loading times are better on the 3DS though.

i dont have a vita, though

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I think the Metroid game looks fun but I doubt I can convince anyone to play it with me. Does anyone know if it has online play, or matchmaking to play with randoms, or download play, or can be played single player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bass Bottles posted:

I think the Metroid game looks fun but I doubt I can convince anyone to play it with me. Does anyone know if it has online play, or matchmaking to play with randoms, or download play, or can be played single player?

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/3ds/metroid-prime-federation-force/

quote:

Join a four-player local or online squad in this co-operative sci-fi shooter set in the Metroid universe.

Up to 4 players take on a variety of co-op missions in this first-person, sci-fi shooter set in the Metroid universe

Players:1-4 for main campaign, 1-6 for Blast Ball