Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Luigi Thirty posted:

Donald trump is running for president

therefor donald trump has always been running for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

ya, we're for sure in an IT security bubble, it's fuckin great. The parties are ballin' and the conferences are huge and I'll be laughin when all the mobile/web pentesters are strugglin to find work cause they don't know how operating systems or networks actually work.

there are so many "XSS defense at the perimeter" companies trying to get funding right now

reading
Jul 27, 2013
Anyone seen the Jake Glyllenhall movie Nightcrawler? It's about a literal psychopath abusing unpaid internships to manipulate/kill his employees for personal profit. Pretty modern.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Nightcrawler is a good-rear end movie and Donnie Darko owns in it.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

well i mean if trump goes and destroys america himself ISIS' todo list gets a lot shorter. maybe that's the plan

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Donald trump is running for president

im glad he announced it early so we get some vintage jon stewart material

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

reading posted:

Anyone seen the Jake Glyllenhall movie Nightcrawler? It's about a literal psychopath abusing unpaid internships to manipulate/kill his employees for personal profit. Pretty modern.

yea it's good & unsettling

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux. posted:

beautiful, isn't it

he wants to build a wall along the border (because walls are impenetrable) with mexico and somehow force mexico to pay for it

also he has a 'secret plan' to defeat isis but he won't say what it is until he's elected

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Nixon was our most terrifying president.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Necc0 posted:

yea it's good & unsettling

and it just got added to netflix go go go

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FMguru posted:

i assume its also uber on-call like. we need you for two hours today could you please get dressed and drive to the store oh whoops we only needed you for one hour

you werent available for fifteen minutes on christmas and 46 seconds on new years, we are now blacklisting you

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux. posted:

Nixon was our most terrifying president.

When he arrived in the White House as VP at the age of 40, he was a smart young man on the rise -- a hubris-crazed monster from the bowels of the American dream with a heart full of hate and an overweening lust to be President. He had won every office he'd run for and stomped like a Nazi on all of his enemies and even some of his friends.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress, retail already works that way, it doesnt need help from fuckboi treps

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

prefect posted:

When he arrived in the White House as VP at the age of 40, he was a smart young man on the rise -- a hubris-crazed monster from the bowels of the American dream with a heart full of hate and an overweening lust to be President. He had won every office he'd run for and stomped like a Nazi on all of his enemies and even some of his friends.
the greatest obituary

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

prefect posted:

he was a smart young man on the rise -- a hubris-crazed monster from the bowels of the American dream with a heart full of hate and an overweening lust to be President. He had won every office he'd run for and stomped like a Nazi on all of his enemies and even some of his friends.

ted cruz

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
so according to the rumor mill obama's going to raise the limit for salaried employees getting overtime (he can do this without any input from Congress)

currently if you make over ~$24k you can't get overtime if salaried, rumors are he may double that limit

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

FMguru posted:

the greatest obituary

anyone know where the actual vocal track for the obit is? I can't find the audio on youtube except for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6nuaBazo8 @ about 56s

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

computer parts posted:

so according to the rumor mill obama's going to raise the limit for salaried employees getting overtime (he can do this without any input from Congress)

currently if you make over ~$24k you can't get overtime if salaried, rumors are he may double that limit
this is good but I suspect the special state exemptions for computer or creative work will magically stay in place

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bhodi posted:

anyone know where the actual vocal track for the obit is? I can't find the audio on youtube except for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6nuaBazo8 @ about 56s

realaudio links of somebody else reading it here, apparently: https://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/unbound/graffiti/hunter.htm

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

qirex posted:

this is good but I suspect the special state exemptions for computer or creative work will magically stay in place

federal law overrides state laws when the state laws are laxer.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/every-startup-stereotype-in-one-san-francisco-bubble-party-2015-06-15

e:

Shifty Pony posted:

federal law overrides state laws when the state laws are laxer.
the computer exemption doesn't start until 83k anyway but this might help other people

qirex fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 16, 2015

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

computer parts posted:

oh hey one of those policy changes that's been right around the corner the last five times around the block :sigh:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

you should see some of the :qq: articles about it from Forbes about how it will KILL ALL THE JOBS FOREVER AND CAUSE MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

you should see some of the :qq: articles about it from Forbes about how it will KILL ALL THE JOBS FOREVER AND CAUSE MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT

it's like the affordable care act, the rhetoric against it is so extreme because the people opposed know that it will not be a disaster and will be well-received

seattle, LA and SF still have restaurants that employ humans despite our CRIPPLINGLY HIGH minimum wage

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I've been offered a job in a Vape store. It's a bit of a commute to it, and my employer is willing to factor that into my pay. It's under the table as well so it's going to be tax free. I'm sort of hosed for work right now and the dude who I'll be working for is chill as gently caress. He thinks its fine for me to like, bring my own laptop and poo poo and just chill out and gently caress around on the Internet or whatever during work ours if it isn't busy. This isn't some mall booth, it's a fully owned store stocking juices and DIY poo poo. Do any of you guys work in a vape store and is it cool/fun?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

I've been offered a job in a Vape store. It's a bit of a commute to it, and my employer is willing to factor that into my pay. It's under the table as well so it's going to be tax free. I'm sort of hosed for work right now and the dude who I'll be working for is chill as gently caress. He thinks its fine for me to like, bring my own laptop and poo poo and just chill out and gently caress around on the Internet or whatever during work ours if it isn't busy. This isn't some mall booth, it's a fully owned store stocking juices and DIY poo poo. Do any of you guys work in a vape store and is it cool/fun?

based on the users i'm inclined to say no but the environment is what really can counter that

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
http://churchix.com/

facial recognition software for churches. why? why not!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

is it a lounge too? if it is, consider the effects of secondhand nicotine all day too

and I didn't know you were hurting for work 290 :(

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fermun posted:

idk if this got posted elsewhere but all the privacy advocates quit the department of commerce working group on commercial facial recognition
http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/16/8786885/privacy-advocates-quit-facial-recognition-group-in-protest

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fermun posted:

shame the non-tithers

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

fermun posted:

how long until this thing starts finding images of jesus / virgin mary

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Munkeymon posted:

oh hey one of those policy changes that's been right around the corner the last five times around the block :sigh:

this is the new executive idgaf obama tho

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is the new executive idgaf obama tho

lol didn't you learn your lesson when 2nd term never has to run again Obama didn't do poo poo for anyone

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

how long until this thing starts finding images of jesus / virgin mary
mary's out cause catholics won't use this, and iirc protestants dont put up actual images of Christ, just crucifixes.

i'm not filthy enough to have ever stepped in a protestant church tho so idk

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

seattle, LA and SF still have restaurants that employ humans despite our CRIPPLINGLY HIGH minimum wage

to be fair, none of those laws will fully take effect for another few years. here in blessed SF we have until 2018 before all the stores and restaurants close because of the combined effect of the CRIPPLINGLY HIGH minimum wage and the CRIPPLINGLY EXPENSIVE health insurance requirements and the CRIPPLINGLY DISRUPTIVE work-scheduling ordinance

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

work-scheduling ordinance

¿que? im curious. havent heard about this one

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

mary's out cause catholics won't use this, and iirc protestants dont put up actual images of Christ, just crucifixes.

i'm not filthy enough to have ever stepped in a protestant church tho so idk

almost backwards, a lot of protestant denominations don't go in for crucifixes, just bare crosses, but almost everybody loves their paintings of an extremely serene northern european dude

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

¿que? im curious. havent heard about this one

the retail worker's bill of rights

iirc the coverage is still pretty crappy, just chain retail store workers, and it's actually using a weaker definition of "chain" than the city was already using for other things, but it's still a start

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Enderzero posted:

lol didn't you learn your lesson when 2nd term never has to run again Obama didn't do poo poo for anyone

i agree, immigrants aren't people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

• Locked thread