Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't think he'll post guys up much in the pros but he can shoot as well as just about anyone in the draft and has a good off the dribble game compared to most guys his size. That's how he really punished people last year. He's not going to be a good defender or rebounder though, and he'll have trouble blowing by guys at the next level the way he did in college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

I don't think he'll post guys up much in the pros but he can shoot as well as just about anyone in the draft and has a good off the dribble game compared to most guys his size. That's how he really punished people last year. He's not going to be a good defender or rebounder though, and he'll have trouble blowing by guys at the next level the way he did in college.

If you moved Sacramento Brad Miller to the three point line, would he be an approximation of a best case for Kaminsky?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's a better shooter but I don't think he'll be that good a rebounder. Maybe like a more offensively well rounded Channing Frye?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

He's a better shooter but I don't think he'll be that good a rebounder. Maybe like a more offensively well rounded Channing Frye?

Oh right, I forgot how good he was at somehow finding himself in the way of rebounds. Even when he was totally used up in Chicago he'd get on his tippy toes and somehow take rebounds away from big athletic guys.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dejan Bimble posted:

What is Frank Kaminsky's best case scenario?

Jon Bois' basketball apocalypse would leave Kaminsky as one of the top 25 players in the league in ten years

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I'm gonna be so heartbroken if Embiid never has a chance to become all he could, he's the most exciting player I've ever watched at KU.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Put kids through college, retire from the NYPD at 65 with a nice pension, move to Florida

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

On a poster in over a million rooms with him getting dunked on by Westbrook

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WhyteRyce posted:

On a poster in over a million rooms with him getting dunked on by Westbrook

Westbrook is wearing a Knicks uniform

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Best case is probably an Okur variant. Something like this profile.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Westbrook is wearing a Knicks uniform

He asked for best case scenario not worst case

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Bucks trading Ilyasova means that they have a gap at pf, they have the 17th pick, perfect spot for Bobby Portis?

It would also be a good decision to give away the pick to trick someone into taking MCW away, for good. Maybe trade him to Andalou Efes or Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Bucks trading Ilyasova means that they have a gap at pf, they have the 17th pick, perfect spot for Bobby Portis?

It would also be a good decision to give away the pick to trick someone into taking MCW away, for good. Maybe trade him to Andalou Efes or Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Possibly, but hasn't the steady drum beat over the past month or two been about getting a "true center"?

edit: Just looked at their roster again and they could use any type of traditional PF or C unless they want to play Jabari at the 4 for a lot of minutes or John Henson puts on 50 pounds of muscle over the summer.

There's a lot of talk about Devin Booker basically being locked in to the Hornets pick now that Lance has left the building.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 16, 2015

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

He asked for best case scenario not worst case

well the only two choices are LA and NY are you saying you'd rather he play for the Nets or the Lakers :confused:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Redgrendel2001 posted:

There's a lot of talk about Devin Booker basically being locked in to the Hornets pick now that Lance has left the building.

Feels like that's been the case for a while, unless Hezonja falls. Ford is also reporting they might trade down for RJ Hunter.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Redgrendel2001 posted:

*Sam Presti quietly re-boards the Payne Trayne*

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Possibly, but hasn't the steady drum beat over the past month or two been about getting a "true center"?

The blogs can talk about it all they want, but there is absolutely no true center worth taking in the 13-25 range. Lots of decent pfs, however.

If they wanted to trade down to 25 or so, Guillermo Hernangomez is sort of the opposite of Larry Sanders, a traditional post up and rebounding big who's not at all bouncy or rangy. In the early second round range there's Arturas Gudaitis, who was orphaned, Jimmy Butler style.

Then you haveRakeem Christmas who's incredibly athletic but also played at Syracuse. Cliff Alexander, maybe if you see him as a center. Then some best case back up centers, Nikola Milutinov, Mohammadou Jaiteh

I couldn't really tell you about any of them except Hernangomez. Nobody there really fits their style, except Rakeem Christmas, after 2 or 3 years in the d-league to learn how to play.

Right now I think they need a back up pf, and maybe a combo guard who can shoot. Not a lot of shooting in the draft, as MV has said.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Dejan Bimble posted:

The blogs can talk about it all they want, but there is absolutely no true center worth taking in the 13-25 range. Lots of decent pfs, however.

If they wanted to trade down to 25 or so, Guillermo Hernangomez is sort of the opposite of Larry Sanders, a traditional post up and rebounding big who's not at all bouncy or rangy. In the early second round range there's Arturas Gudaitis, who was orphaned, Jimmy Butler style.

Then you haveRakeem Christmas who's incredibly athletic but also played at Syracuse. Cliff Alexander, maybe if you see him as a center. Then some best case back up centers, Nikola Milutinov, Mohammadou Jaiteh

I couldn't really tell you about any of them except Hernangomez. Nobody there really fits their style, except Rakeem Christmas, after 2 or 3 years in the d-league to learn how to play.

Right now I think they need a back up pf, and maybe a combo guard who can shoot. Not a lot of shooting in the draft, as MV has said.

Yeah I think the "true center" stories were back when Myles Turner was projecting a few spots lower.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Terry Glenn posted:

*Sam Presti quietly re-boards the Payne Trayne*

Lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Stainbrook . .. a real center.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Jabari Parker and Giannis will both see a lot of time at the 4. There's really not many guys out there anymore that could abuse them. They definitely could use a banger though.

Edit: Dejan nailed it. A backup PF and a combo guard is exactly where their needs are. Sounds like they will sign a veteran center with the Ersan money. Unfortunately the current rumor is Chandler or Lopez blech.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 17, 2015

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Apparently Hernangomez and his smaller brother both withdrew from the draft.,

Hand Row posted:

Jabari Parker and Giannis will both see a lot of time at the 4. There's really not many guys out there anymore that could abuse them. They definitely could use a banger though.

Edit: Dijan nailed it. A backup PF and a combo guard is exactly where their needs are. Sounds like they will sign a veteran center with the Ersan money. Unfortunately the current rumor is Chandler or Lopez blech.

Robin wouldn't be a bad fit, at the right price, why don't you like him? Or is the rumor Brook Lopez?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Brook. Most likely just because Kidd coached him last year. His range would be nice but he doesn't pass and is terrible to watch. And of course injury problems.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

D'Angelo Russell is extremely good. Imo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i say "kristaps porzingis" all day. my son is annoyed.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

Wow, I had forgotten the draft was so close. Is there normally a bigger break between the last Finals game and the draft?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

That is a disheartening loving draft pick. Sam Dekker at 8.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Chad Ford is in need of rehab.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Wow, I had forgotten the draft was so close. Is there normally a bigger break between the last Finals game and the draft?

summer leagues are very soon too

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I'm starting to like Mario a lot, maybe more than Mudiay at 4. Major project though, IMO. He doesn't seem to knows how to ball (within a team concept). Love his athleticism and his stroke.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 17, 2015

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

euphronius posted:

I heard if you say Kristaps Porzingis three times in a mirror in the dark your team will use its top 5 pick on a risky Euro prospect

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If Porzingis can guard pfs on the perimeter him and Noel together would be really cool.

(Embiid is dead in my head until he plays 60 games in a season.)

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Chad Ford is in need of rehab.

Nah. He has white-out and find/replace. He'll be fine.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i mean a 7 1 guy coming off screen to nail 3s is pretty intoxicating.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

That is a disheartening loving draft pick. Sam Dekker at 8.

Given how much he cares about shooting he doesn't seem like a wing Van Gundy would love.

Spacebump posted:

Nope

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
welcome to the year-round nba

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I didn't know until yesterday that Chad Ford is a teacher in Hawaii

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I want WCS but the kings never take who I want so I should not expect to get him anyway. Given my poor draft track record that isn't a bad thing

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I really want to do a Top 30ish big board where I try to break down various prospects at some point before the draft (possibly as soon as tomorrow!) but reserve the right to be lazy and/or do literally anything else with my free time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Woj likes Porzingis

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/meet-the-euro-prodigy-who-seems-unlike-the-flops-who-came-before-him-193427860.html

quote:

NEW YORK – Kristaps Porzingis cuts into his first filet mignon at a Manhattan steakhouse, a teenager hours after his arrival to the United States. He is 7-foot-1 with Dirk’s shooting touch and Pau’s athleticism, a European prodigy blessed with fluent English and the threat of transcendent talent.

We should all be blessed with fluent English

quote:

“The biggest thing for me – the thing that I think most about – is that you can get into the gym whenever you want here,” Porzingis told Yahoo Sports over dinner recently. “They give you a card, or a key, and in the middle of the night, if you want to work out, you just go to the gym and get your work in – and I think that’s amazing.

He yearns to work out more. He marvels at this wondrous land across the sea where anyone can work out at Planet Fitness at any hour of the day, he said while having dinner with a sports website

• Locked thread