Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Then Hillary will bulldoze him and it will be a wonderful sight.

What niche does Trump even have in the primaries? We've already got a failed CEO in the waddling.

The Man From Ergotism (tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

Speaking in Derry, New Hampshire, Tuesday, Bush acknowledged that when his brother President George W. Bush attempted to privatize Social Security in 2005, he met great bipartisan resistance.

Joementum posted:

“My brother tried, got totally wiped out,” Bush said. “Republicans and Democrats wanted nothing to do with it. The next president is going to have to try again.”
Privatize social security? Seriously between this and fumbling the Iraq question, Jeb has managed to step squarely on at least two of the largest and most obvious land mines from his brother's presidency, and we're not even anywhere near the general.

E: Meant to do a partial crosspost in to USPol, and edited my post a little.

I really am questioning Jeb's supposed "inevitability" if he can't even dodge the most obvious fuckups from his brother's presidency.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 17, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

fade5 posted:

From the 2016 thread: Jeb Bush thinks the next president will need to privatize Social Security.

Seriously between this and fumbling the Iraq question, Jeb has managed to step squarely on at least two of the largest and most obvious land mines from his brother's presidency, and we're not even anywhere near the general.

"Yeah, you know what, sometimes a city's just gotta flood." ~ Jeb!, next week probably.

Joementum fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 17, 2015

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

Nah, Jeb already has the "establishment candidate by default" slot locked up.

Not if his campaign continues to be "My Brother's Worst Policies Greatest Hits"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

FMguru posted:

Really low-information voters who think MORE MONEY = BETTER THAN, of which there are more than a few in the GOP primary electorate.

Yeah, the dark side of the joke that is Trump is that he has a non-trivial chance of winning the Republican primary. With a certain demographic his schtick works.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, the dark side of the joke that is Trump is that he has a non-trivial chance of winning the Republican primary. With a certain demographic his schtick works.

Dark side? I'd love to see The Don in the general. No loving way is Donald Trump of all people winning many swing voters.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Joementum posted:

"Yeah, you know what, sometimes a city's just gotta flood." ~ Jeb!, next week probably.

:golfclap:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
IT IS MY PLEASURE TO INTRODUCE TO YOU TODAY A MAN WHO I HAVE LOVED AND RESPECTED MY ENTIRE LIFE, MY FATHER DONALD TRUMP. [APPLAUSE] (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) (music) >> WOW. THAT IS SOME GROUP OF PEOPLE. THOUSANDS. SO NICE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THAT'S REALLY NICE. THANK YOU. IT'S GREAT TO BE AT TRUMP

00:09:12
Unidentified Speaker
TOWER, IT'S GREAT TO BE IN A WONDERFUL CITY, NEW YORK. AND IT'S AN HONOR TO HAVE EVERYBODY HERE.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Dark side? I'd love to see The Don in the general. No loving way is Donald Trump of all people winning many swing voters.

Same. The man would be his own worst enemy in the debates with Hillary. Against the GOP clown car, I don't think the pot, kettle, waffle iron, crock pot, frying pan, or baking tray are going to be calling each other black.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
From FiveThirtyEight this morning, but:

Donald Trump is literally the most disliked candidate that has run for president in the last 35 years. His main contributions to the race will be to sling mud, force Fox to come up with different rules for getting into the debates, and provide laughs for the Presidential Primary thread on something awful dot com.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Spiritus Nox posted:

The problem I worry about is that Hillary has zero charisma, the country is still waay misogynist, and just 12 years ago elected Dubya, who was no genius either.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

So he's planning a Red Summit?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Meanwhile, in Des Moines....

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cythereal posted:

Same. The man would be his own worst enemy in the debates with Hillary. Against the GOP clown car, I don't think the pot, kettle, waffle iron, crock pot, frying pan, or baking tray are going to be calling each other black.

Excuse me but the preferred term is "urban ferals."

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Some more Donald J. Trump entertainment from Iowa

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2553193403001/donald-trump-makes-special-announcement-in-des-moines-iowa/#sp=show-clips

ass cobra fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 17, 2015

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The problem I worry about is that Hillary has zero charisma, the country is still waay misogynist, and just 12 years ago elected Dubya, who was no genius either.

Sure, but remind how this is more of a problem with Trump on the other side as opposed to almost anybody else in the clown car?

Plus, a guy can still hold out delusions of Bernie.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Spiritus Nox posted:

Sure, but remind how this is more of a problem with Trump on the other side as opposed to almost anybody else in the clown car?

Plus, a guy can still hold out delusions of Bernie.

Fair enough, but Trump's particular brand of aggressive posturing could really take advantage of Hillary's vagina-having in some particularly slimy ways. Christie used to worry me for the same reason before he imploded / failed to lose weight.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

He's leading off his speech retelling the story of how his Gucci store is worth more than Mitt Romney. :allears:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Someone posted a more elegant phrasing of it earlier, but the thing about Trump is all he is really doing is taking the mindless babble you see from your Sunday morning talking heads and rear end in a top hat op-eds, and saying it the way it would be phrased by your usual Jay Leno Jay-walking guy on the street would. It's like a variation on the quote about Buckley being an intellectual by virtue of saying the same thing as Bull Connor but without a southern accent. What is the difference between Trump declaring he has a secret plan to beat ISIS that he won't share but the problem is Obama is too much of a chickenshit to implement it, and Krauthammer saying he has an in depth strategy too long to go into here but the problem is Obama won't LEAD and MAKE HARD CHOICES? What is the difference between Trump's message of "I'm worth 9 billion therefore I am better than you" and David Brooks about how being wealthy is linked to a better cultural morality that provides a better citizen? What is the difference between Trump's most inane nonsensical blather, and anything Tom Friedman says?

His patois may be different but the substance is the same

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fair enough, but Trump's particular brand of aggressive posturing could really take advantage of Hillary's vagina-having in some particularly slimy ways. Christie used to worry me for the same reason before he imploded / failed to lose weight.

I have my problems with Hillary, but I can't see her being bothered by Trump's poo poo-slinging. The GOP's been trying to disgrace her for more than a decade at this point, and I doubt a parasitic tribble and its host human corpse are going to get under her skin.

Personally, I suspect that the GOP is going to have a tightrope to walk against Hillary if they want to keep an appreciable portion of white women voting for them.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joementum posted:

Houston and Dallas are getting hit with a tropical storm in June, there's plenty of opportunities for foot in mouth disease.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fried Chicken posted:

Someone posted a more elegant phrasing of it earlier, but the thing about Trump is all he is really doing is taking the mindless babble you see from your Sunday morning talking heads and rear end in a top hat op-eds, and saying it the way it would be phrased by your usual Jay Leno Jay-walking guy on the street would. It's like a variation on the quote about Buckley being an intellectual by virtue of saying the same thing as Bull Connor but without a southern accent. What is the difference between Trump declaring he has a secret plan to beat ISIS that he won't share but the problem is Obama is too much of a chickenshit to implement it, and Krauthammer saying he has an in depth strategy too long to go into here but the problem is Obama won't LEAD and MAKE HARD CHOICES? What is the difference between Trump's message of "I'm worth 9 billion therefore I am better than you" and David Brooks about how being wealthy is linked to a better cultural morality that provides a better citizen? What is the difference between Trump's most inane nonsensical blather, and anything Tom Friedman says?

In some areas, he's actually more substantive. They all say they want to build a wall on the Mexican border. Only Trump has said how he'll pay for it. Granted, his plan is a 35% import tariff, but it's a plan!

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I reckon the rapid aging seen in many presidents would not be kind on Donald. That wig ain't getting any better.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Jeb! Makes a man take things over
Jeb! Let's him lose, hard to swallow
Jeb! Puts you there where things are hollow
Jeb!

Jeb! It's not your brain, it's just the flame
That burns your change to keep you insane
Jeb!

Jeb! What you like is in the limo
Jeb! What you get is no tomorrow
Jeb! What you need you have to borrow
Jeb!

Jeb! "Nein! It's mine!" is just his line
To bind your time, it drives you to crime
Jeb!

Could it be the best, could it be?
Really be, really babe?
Could it be my babe, could it, babe?
Could it, babe? Could it, babe?

Is it any wonder, I reject you first?
Jeb! Jeb! Jeb!
Is it any wonder you are too cool to fool?
Jeb!

Jeb! Bully for you, chilly for me
Got to get a rain check on pain

Jeb!

Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb!
Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb!
Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb!
Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb! Jeb!
Jeb! Jeb! Jeb!

Jeb! What's your name?

Feeling so gay
Feeling gay

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Fried Chicken posted:

Palin is the same way - the actual ideas she's expressing are no different than any other Republican's. Her expressed opinions about the Fed are no stupider than Ben Carson's, and her plan for battling ISIL is not better or worse than Rick Santorum's. She just does it in a really unpolished backwoodsy way because she never learned the proper beltway way to phrase terrible conservative ideas. This makes her stick out and while she comes across as a hillbilly rube to most of us, there are people out there who really respond to her folksy word salad, because it sounds so different than the usual beltway mush, so much more raw and real, and those people go on to buy her books and subscribe to her website and so on.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Cythereal posted:

I have my problems with Hillary, but I can't see her being bothered by Trump's poo poo-slinging. The GOP's been trying to disgrace her for more than a decade at this point, and I doubt a parasitic tribble and its host human corpse are going to get under her skin.

Personally, I suspect that the GOP is going to have a tightrope to walk against Hillary if they want to keep an appreciable portion of white women voting for them.

Yeah, whether you like her or not, Hillary Clinton's already weathered much, much worse than anything that withered hairpiece can throw at her--and if anyone will let slip some dumbass misogynist remark that would make the wives of a bunch of conservative white men suddenly feel much more sympathetic towards Hillary, my money would be on Trump.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 17, 2015

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

AndNowMax posted:

Donald Trump is literally the most disliked candidate that has run for president in the last 35 years. His main contributions to the race will be to sling mud, force Fox to come up with different rules for getting into the debates, and provide laughs for the Presidential Primary thread on something awful dot com.

Donald Trump's only regret about that graph is that his dot isn't further to the right. He's already accomplished ~75% of his campaign goals, though.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Turns out that the super secret plan to defeat ISIS is to bomb every oil well in the region.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

bpower posted:

I reckon the rapid aging seen in many presidents would not be kind on Donald. That wig ain't getting any better.
Actually it's not a wig, that's what Donald Trump's hair really looks like.

Which somehow makes it worse, to be honest.

It means he makes his hair look like that on purpose.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 17, 2015

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Joementum posted:

Turns out that the super secret plan to defeat ISIS is to bomb every oil well in the region.

Holy poo poo, that is dumb!

Can Young sue Trump for using his song without permission or is that only if Trump continues using it?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Two points

1) TIME magazine did a thing on how to do your hair like Trump's, including an infographic. As the 2006 TIME Man of the Year, I approve of this article

2) Fuckface von Clownstick has more potential than the 3 term Governor of New York who beat Mario Cuomo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump's plane got delayed and his audience has been sitting there for four hours now.

A woman waited four hours to ask him about his stance on the Export-Import bank. Turns out: he's for 'smart trade'. Next question!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Holy poo poo, Walker has a chance.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

This is completely idiotic. It would not actually work at defeating ISIL, it would cause hundreds if not thousands of direct and indirect civilian deaths, it would piss off every single faction in the ME against us (including the Kurds, who are good at defeating ISIL), and it would cause a massive shock to oil prices by completely loving up and destabilizing the market. There are at least five more problems with his "plan" but whatever, you get the point.

So yeah, Donald Trump is a loving idiot, news at 11.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I can't think of anyone in the dog and pony show more likely to get undecided and apathetic voters to vote for Hillary than Trump. I therefore hope he wins the nomination.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Yeah and there's a chance Shakira will find me attractive. It ain't gonna happen. Bush is gonna roll out the negative ads in the coming weeks and nuke Scotty doughface and Rubio from orbit

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Nah the later debates are going to kill him. He doesn't think quick on his feet and will get buried once the field narrows and they actually have time to interact with each other.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Rand Paul has a much better shot than Walker.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AndNowMax posted:

How the hell is W's favorability that high? Even with massive "Who the gently caress is that?" responses, a net of +75+ seems impossible. He was just the governor of Texas who you might also know from Baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

Gyges posted:

How the hell is W's favorability that high? Even with massive "Who the gently caress is that?" responses, a net of +75+ seems impossible. He was just the governor of Texas who you might also know from Baseball.

Nothing too horrible happened while his dad was president?

I mean hell, the World Trade center was bombed, and Bush Sr handled that well, what's the worst that could happen.

• Locked thread