Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Anime Curator posted:

people can just not buys games

That's pretty much the only way Nintendo will likely "hear" any message anyone tries to send. Even in Japan, years of one-star reviews on amazon.jp have probably given them an apathy towards user ratings and like/dislike ratios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Dieting Hippo posted:

uh, did you see nintendo walk on stage and poo poo in our mouths? i know i did. boycot amibbo.

It's not like the money you're giving to scalpers goes directly to Nintendo anyway. :v:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Cyron posted:

what stage?

the bitch stage for bitch companies showing bitch games to bitch bitches

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jsor posted:

It's not like the money you're giving to scalpers goes directly to Nintendo anyway. :v:

poo poo there's the silver lining in all of this. Hopefully all this internet anger translates to real life anger and the lines usually populated by fervent Nintendo fans are shortened nationwide as a result of this national tragedy, leaving more amiibo for the rest.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Viewtiful Jew posted:

poo poo there's the silver lining in all of this. Hopefully all this internet anger translates to real life anger and the lines usually populated by fervent Nintendo fans are shortened nationwide as a result of this national tragedy, leaving more amiibo for the rest.

that's a nice dream, but the headline next year is gonna be "Nintendo sees all-time high profits because Amiibos. CEO drowns in money pool."

and you still won't have found the one amiibo you want

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I mean as a Wii U owner I wasn't impressed and the Metroid game looks kinda dumb but I forgot about it already.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Rad Valtar posted:

I mean as a Wii U owner I wasn't impressed and the Metroid game looks kinda dumb but I forgot about it already.

it's because you are not socially impaired like most gamers and nerds.

the game sucks, nothing will change that, and you move on.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

All this whining, tears and tantrums, I guess Nintendo systems really are for babies.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So I just watched all the trailers from the conference, and did we really get nothing about the game Retro's making? That sucks, and was probably one of the things I was sure was going to turn up. :(

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
We still have PAX and TGS

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So I just watched all the trailers from the conference, and did we really get nothing about the game Retro's making? That su cks, and was probably one of the things I was sure was going to turn up. :(

Current Nintendo has two settings:
-Announce a year or less before planned release (Fire Emblem Fates, Starfox 0)
-Announce before work has actually started on the game (#FE)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nintendo doesn't reveal anything at PAX

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
They'll just do a direct if you want to announce a new game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Motto posted:

Current Nintendo has two settings:
-Announce a year or less before planned release (Fire Emblem Fates, Starfox 0)
-Announce before work has actually started on the game (#FE)

Or over 18 months in advance like Woolly World, Xenoblade X, Bayo 2 and Starfox 0.

Right now the best bet for the Rare game is when you least expect it. Just one day you'll go home, find out there was a direct and it turns out the next Rare game comes out next month or something. This could happen in January, could happen in a couple of weeks you don't know.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I bought a Wii U on the strength of their E3 presentation last year, so I was pretty hyped up for this year's digital event.

Last year, they announced:

- Zelda Wii U
- Star Fox
- Splatoon
- Kirby Rainbow Curse
- Mario Maker
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
- Mario Party 10

But what Wii U games did they announce this year?

- Animal Crossing Festival
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

Oh and it turns out the promising open world RPG about big robots and discovering alien vistas a lot of people were hyped for is still six months away, but it doesn't matter anyway because it apparently revolves entirely around fetch quests.

Colour me disappointed.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Why, in all of JRPG-ness, is THIS ONE GAME being criticized for having a lot of fetch quests. Like did these same people not play Xenoblade Chronicles and every other JRPG ever made? What were people expecting?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

"Hyped" and "Mario Party" are not phrases that should be put together.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rad Valtar posted:

They'll just do a direct if you want to announce a new game.

Remember one of the few things they didn't announce last E3 that fans kept kept crying to them on Twitter about was a Majora's Mask remake? And then suddenly we got one in the span of like four months from the time it was announced in a direct to release.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Hmm it's almost like games aren't allowed to progress in terms of design and narrative

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Cyron posted:

it's because you are not socially impaired like most gamers and nerds.

the game sucks, nothing will change that, and you move on.
I was amused once they revealed Blastball was also Metroid and that Next Level was behind it. They've graduated from Mario Soccer and ended up with...Metroid Soccer!

And not exclusive or anything, but Rive is pretty awesome, it's one of the E3 preview demos that's up right now. I think I'd prefer a remote aiming control scheme though.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Yep

MS and Sony continued to show my PC releases while Nintendo showed games I can't get anywhere but on their consoles.

I'm gonna buy all dem games!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Or over 18 months in advance like Woolly World, Xenoblade X, Bayo 2 and Starfox 0.

Right now the best bet for the Rare game is when you least expect it. Just one day you'll go home, find out there was a direct and it turns out the next Rare game comes out next month or something. This could happen in January, could happen in a couple of weeks you don't know.

Rare only makes Kinect games now.

Anyway, I just watched the direct itself and it was a really weird E3 conference in regards to the WiiU at least, because all the games they showed for it were basically going to be released by the end of the year. Which is kind of out-of-place because E3 is all about hyping up games that'll come out next year, or maybe the year after that. So it was rather strange.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Wii U upcoming games except for the fact that Super Mario Maker is the game I'm most excited for out of E3. The Nintendo Direct did a pretty terrible job of showing it off though.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

ghostwritingduck posted:

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Wii U upcoming games except for the fact that Super Mario Maker is the game I'm most excited for out of E3. The Nintendo Direct did a pretty terrible job of showing it off though.

That's what the NWC Finals and Treehouse are for.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm trying to think of new games announced... WiiU: Mario Tennis, so what. Animal Crossing Board, horrible poo poo.

3DS: Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam (awesome). Fisher Price Halo: Metroid Edition (Metroids and Samus not included)

I think that was it. I'm pretty sure those were the only announcements, and all of them less than a minute long trailer in a 51 minute show.

Edit: And Zelda 3 Swords which looked pretty sweet.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Press Kit
http://nintendo.e3press.com

Username: Nintendo
Pass: SuperMario2015

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Mario Tennis needs a new "Wario and Waluigi being jerks sequence that goes on way too long for a sports game" intro.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How fast will these sound effects get annoying when creating a level?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o-CG3Mk2ZY

I am also surprised that the game has a big hand over the screen. I thought that was just for demo purposes. Maybe you can turn it off, because it was a cat paw in the presentation today.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Super Mario Maker posted:

The game's online section allows you to dig through new levels at your discretion; a recommendation system is split into several categories that include featured, ranked or "up and coming" levels.

In the featured section, players will find levels selected by Nintendo itself. The ranked section highlights the top-rated levels, while up and coming pushes lesser played levels in an effort to encourage new players. If you find creators you're fond of, you can check out their personal preferences or subscribe to get updates on new work. Levels are also sorted by their difficulty, a merit which is determined by what percentage of players have successfully cleared a level.

That's pretty cool.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Motto posted:

Press Kit
http://nintendo.e3press.com

Username: Nintendo
Pass: SuperMario2015

Chibi Robo ZipLash
Genre: Whipping Platformer

:3: okay that's awesome

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Astro7x posted:

How fast will these sound effects get annoying when creating a level?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o-CG3Mk2ZY

I am also surprised that the game has a big hand over the screen. I thought that was just for demo purposes. Maybe you can turn it off, because it was a cat paw in the presentation today.

I imagine that the hand that shows up on screen is really more for demo purposes at E3, so others can see what the person would be seeing. I can't imagine that'll be actually in the full game. Also I don't think the sound effects will be that annoying. You can always turn the volume down

Call Me Charlie posted:

That's pretty cool.

Also this is awesome

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i think the hand shows up on the tv for anyone looking at the tv and doesn't show up on the gamepad because that would be stupid

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Just making sure, the refurbished Wii Us are legit, right? Because this deal right here seems pretty amazing.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod560316

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Call Me Charlie posted:

That's pretty cool.
The only issue I can see with that is that levels that suck may be rated as difficult because nobody WANTS to finish them. Of course, they'll probably also receive poor ratings to complement that, so it may not be a problem.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The press kit has an actual screenshot of Link running around. Did one of the treehouse segments talk about that? Are you able to have different games' characters in Mario Maker if you use their amiibos? Did they say which ones if so? What they do?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Last Celebration posted:

Just making sure, the refurbished Wii Us are legit, right? Because this deal right here seems pretty amazing.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod560316
Yes, absolutely. Many people say they're just like new, and even if you end up with one that isn't, it'll have a standard 1-year warranty.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
e; whoa, how'd that happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Macaluso posted:

The press kit has an actual screenshot of Link running around. Did one of the treehouse segments talk about that? Are you able to have different games' characters in Mario Maker if you use their amiibos? Did they say which ones if so? What they do?

Yes, yes, no, they're just skins as far as I can tell

So far I think we've seen Link, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, and Isabelle.

• Locked thread