Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Anyone know what the Wolf school gear looks like and its stats? I just got the Cat armor, but if the Wolf stuff is as good and looks like the starter gear, I want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah I also want to know about Geralt's Wolf Shirt.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Game of the Year

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I really wish this game didnt drown you in cash, makes doing quests pointless

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sauer posted:

Game of the Year

drat I need a new video card.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I really wish this game didnt drown you in cash, makes doing quests pointless

Please stop. No one was biting pages ago and no one will now.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

radiatinglines posted:

maxing out w3 at 4k is sex for your eyes. for 100 hours straight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Turpitude posted:

The V thing is definitely mentioned on PC.

I have definitely seen it for when you pick up a new contract or a quest from a conversation, it will say "Press V to track quest", I guess I missed it when it told you that you could press V to change the objective you're currently tracking. That's totally on me.

Thunderbro posted:

maxing out w3 at 4k is sex for your eyes. for 100 hours straight.

Yes. Yes it is. Like, I'm very glad I sprung for the extra bits in my build earlier this year. I'm also using the settings from this post all the way back on page 74 of this thread. With the optimisation they've done since then (1.01 I think) for Hairworks and texture pop-in, it's even better than it was then.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

radiatinglines posted:

Most of my settings are on Low to Medium. Except for texture quality since my GTX 760 has 4gb of ram. The game looks good even at lower settings.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Just beat all the races in the game. The hardest challenge wasn't my competitors but Roach coming to complete stops over bridges.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The hardest part of the horse races ended up being keeping things interesting imo. I figured out pretty early on that racers will speed up when you speed up, slow down when you slow down; they gallop slightly slower than you do but trot faster. Therefore, you basically can't lose unless Roach fucks you over or your saddle doesn't give you enough stamina.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
So, with that new Wolf Gear, apparently one of the map locations is from the blacksmith in Kaer Muire, which presents an interesting problem in the late game: If either an Craite sibling is on the throne, then you have to slaughter everyone in this town as part of the Sunstone hunt. Guess we'll have to track down those bits manually.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
So I think I got an incompletable quest in my log, that I actually already completed.

At some point I think I might have purchased two of the same statutette (the nobleman one I believe), and I did the nobleman quest when I met Triss in Novigrad. Now, much later in the game, as soon as I handled Triss' business in Novigrad when we all go back, the Nobleman Statuette quest popped again, telling me to talk to Triss about the statue. Only thing is, I can't. No dialog choice for it.

Oh well. I'll be fine with one quest forever in my quest log I guess. :sigh:

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I'm nearly finished with Act 1, I'm in the gardens area. Is there anything I should do before continuing onto Act 2? I want to do ALL DEM SIDEQUESTS, will some be locked out / expire?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Skilleddk posted:

I'm nearly finished with Act 1, I'm in the gardens area. Is there anything I should do before continuing onto Act 2? I want to do ALL DEM SIDEQUESTS, will some be locked out / expire?

Nothing fails until you go to isle of the mists, and it shows you a warning about it. Also if you do all the sidequests you'll never see some of the possible outcomes, because f u completionists.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Pyromancer posted:

Nothing fails until you go to isle of the mists, and it shows you a warning about it. Also if you do all the sidequests you'll never see some of the possible outcomes, because f u completionists.

What? Really? Any examples?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Lareine posted:

mid-to-end-game spoilers:

Completing Triss' questline pre-Isle of Mists will result in the mage hunt becoming a non-human purge. Not completing it means that non-humans will not be targeted. Also, obviously whether you choose to do the Radovid questline or not will have some rather massive consequences. Probably some other stuff I've forgotten right now, too.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Lareine posted:

Triss' quests "Matter of life and death" and "Now or Never"

Quests with Crach's kids

Probably other times you can just decline, like going to swamp with baron or looking for djinn with Yen.

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jun 17, 2015

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
So does this mean if you don't do any of Crach's quests, nobody becomes king? Or does this mean someone else gets it?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Lareine posted:

So does this mean if you don't do any of Crach's quests, nobody becomes king? Or does this mean someone else gets it?

I think the son of the previous king and the (evil) queen gets the throne in that case

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sooo i feel like I turned sour on the Game..I'm 30ish hours in and I'm back in Novigrad after The Big Dumb Battle (tm) and apparently I need to regather allies for another big dumb battle? Why the faux climax and faux point of no return?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Hymirvetr posted:

Sooo i feel like I turned sour on the Game..I'm 30ish hours in and I'm back in Novigrad after The Big Dumb Battle (tm) and apparently I need to regather allies for another big dumb battle? Why the faux climax and faux point of no return?

30 hours in and already at that part? You must have rushed the main story like nothing else.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I sometimes feel like I don't get to play this game enough. But earlier today, while working downtown I happened upon a magpie feather in the street. And my first impulse was to pick it up, because "I'm only one short for the enhanced griffin armour". So maybe I've played this just enough. :stare:

Anyway, I've speced into signs so I'm not familiar with the other skill trees. What skill do I need to be able to chug a decoction and a potion without poisoning myself? Is it the one that increases maximum toxicity (based on how many recipes you know) or the one that raises the something-something threshold?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Anyway, I've speced into signs so I'm not familiar with the other skill trees. What skill do I need to be able to chug a decoction and a potion without poisoning myself? Is it the one that increases maximum toxicity (based on how many recipes you know) or the one that raises the something-something threshold?

The first one you mentioned, Acquired tolerance. Even if you dont' take anything else from Alchemy (I also take Poisoned blades) and you know a lot of formulae, you can easily chug 2 decoctions and still have room for a potion or a few.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Is the Triss dlc broken for everyone else?

Also that's the wrong Wolf armour CDPR! I wanted more upgrades for the jacket you start with!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

I sometimes feel like I don't get to play this game enough. But earlier today, while working downtown I happened upon a magpie feather in the street. And my first impulse was to pick it up, because "I'm only one short for the enhanced griffin armour". So maybe I've played this just enough. :stare:

As a Signs build, it definitely pays off to put points into alchemy. As soon as you're at level 25 or so, I'd respec and put 20 points into random alchemy skills and 5 into Synergy. With all bue mutagens, you get +60% intensity from that (compared to not having the skill), which is way better than anything in tier 4 sign skills.
E: Specifically, you get 40+40+40+30 intensity from blue mutagens if you have 4 slotted, the Griffin school skill and 11 blue skills.
With 10 blue skills, Synergy and Griffin, you get 60+60+60+30. If you also get Acquired Tolerance, you "only" gain 45 intensity, I think.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 17, 2015

Inevitablelongshot
Mar 26, 2010

Sauer posted:

Game of the Year

There's something very Johnny Cash about that druid.

edit-

Inevitablelongshot fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jun 17, 2015

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
So irt the ending of the Witcher, is that a vision of the past or the future? NotAbigail implies skullheads are descendants and Alvin shows Geralt a frozen Vizima, BUT the book entry on skullheads say that they are long extinct monsters. So my thinking is he got whipped in to the past, then created the area in his mind to try to convince Geralt because it coincided with the Age of Frost or w/e that myth is.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Anyone have a screenshot of the wolf shirt armor?

edit: especially the later versions. Early version looks like a lovely version of what Eskel and Lambert wear. Apparently it's a precept of the Wolf school that you never buckle the bottom straps.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 17, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

edit: especially the later versions. Early version looks like a lovely version of what Eskel and Lambert wear. Apparently it's a precept of the Wolf school that you never buckle the bottom straps.

Caught this on the reddit. Mastercrafted.
http://imgur.com/a/UMokr

Medium means it's useless for me though. Signs = snooze.

Muffin Rhino
Dec 31, 2006

I am SO gay for Doctor Cox.

Arglebargle III posted:

That's the Mastercrafted set. It's very... Eskel. I like it.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Oh nice, they went for an all-rounder approach with the stats, that's cool. Looks real nice too.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Aurain posted:

Caught this on the reddit. Mastercrafted.
http://imgur.com/a/UMokr

Those swords are really good though. I'll probably throw them on with Bear Armor.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Muffin Rhino posted:

That's the Mastercrafted set. It's very... Eskel. I like it.

That's my first impression too.
I like the look, but I didn't mind griffin set, I'm easy to please.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oooh those swords look good, yeah.

That armor looks highly pitchforkable. No wonder he caught it in the gut -- there's no armor there at all.

It's hard to argue with mastercrafted Bear and Cat school for armor practicality. One is a full hauberk/gambeson with half-plate, one is a chain shirt with a studded leather jacket. Both realistic and practical choices for a guy wandering around the countryside alone but who still wants the best protection money can buy. Any heavier than the bear armor and you couldn't put it on by yourself, anything lighter than the cat armor and it wouldn't really be top-quality protection.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 17, 2015

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Aurain posted:

Actually I think it's probably the best option of the three. The Griffin Style skill does give 5% intensity per slot, true, but it also gives improved Stamina regen, which is nice for special sword attacks and things like the insane Archgriffin Decoction too. Besides, a little extra oomph on Aard and Igni is always nice.

Edit: DLCs don't appear to be on Steam yet

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I just wanted a better version of what Geralt wears in the beginning because that looks really good.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

Oooh those swords look good, yeah.

That armor looks highly pitchforkable. No wonder he caught it in the gut -- there's no armor there at all.

It's hard to argue with mastercrafted Bear and Cat school for armor practicality. One is a full hauberk/gambeson with half-plate, one is a chain shirt with a studded leather jacket. Both realistic and practical choices for a guy wandering around the countryside alone but who still wants the best protection money can buy. Any heavier than the bear armor and you couldn't put it on by yourself, anything lighter than the cat armor and it wouldn't really be top-quality protection.

That was my first thought, re: pitchforks. Second thought: that's basically a lightly armored doublet.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Cephalocidal posted:

That was my first thought, re: pitchforks. Second thought: that's basically a lightly armored doublet.
To overcome your fears, you must embrace them

edit: gently caress it here it is again

Scandalous fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

From a couple pages back, but this is my favourite, especially on account of the girl he tries to help up being the one who started the loving fight by smashing the innkeeper's head against the bar repeatedly.

That and the innkeeper, her nose and face bloody from repeatedly being smashed against the table - as she was reaching for a knife - is the one that recoils in horror after I stop the lady from killing her and defend myself by killing people who want to kill me. Then continues to call me murder in Novigrad. gently caress you lady. Next time I let you get your skull caved in slowly.