Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Well, if you want more Miles Morales during the Secret Wars event, then it's probably just gonna be the main SW issues, and maybe Ultimate End. Other than that, just about every series has finished or is getting ready for whatever will happen to Marvel after SW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Yeah, Miles looks like he's going to be a big part of the actual Secret Wars main title.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I'm a big dumb idiot who wasn't keeping up with things once Secret Wars really got started. What do I turn to for more Miles Morales action? Does Marvel have a chart or something telling me where to go now that whatever series I was reading has ended?

You're probably going to want to stick with Secret Wars proper to see how Miles ends up.

EDIT: I'm an idiot who didn't see the next page.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Isn't he in the Secret Wars Spider-Verse tie-in too?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

You're probably going to want to stick with Secret Wars proper to see how Miles ends up.

EDIT: I'm an idiot who didn't see the next page.

And I'm bet my new-born that Miles will be added to the 1610 universe when this is all over.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

El Tortuga posted:

And I'm bet my new-born that Miles will be added to the 1610 universe when this is all over.

We know that already, he was in the FCBD Avengers book.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

^^^Ahh. Didn't know that.

Skwirl posted:

Isn't he in the Secret Wars Spider-Verse tie-in too?

Nope. It's got Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Indian Spider-Man, UK Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, and Noir Spider-Man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

El Tortuga posted:

^^^Ahh. Didn't know that.

Nope. It's got Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Indian Spider-Man, UK Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, and Noir Spider-Man.

I honestly forgot Indian Spider-Man existed. Did anyone read his book when it came out, I know the west wasn't the target market, but I think it was written in English, since most Indians can read it.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

El Tortuga posted:

Haha, you lose! He was added to 1610 in 2011, for you see, 1610 is (was) the Ultimate Universe! Regular Marvel is 616!

I'll take your newborn now... unless you'd rather I take your elderly aunt instead?

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Haha, you lose! He was added to 1610 in 2011, for you see, 1610 is (was) the Ultimate Universe! Regular Marvel is 616!

I'll take your newborn now... unless you'd rather I take your elderly aunt instead?

Take his marriage.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ponsonby Britt posted:

You'll get a No Prize and you'll be happy with it, Mister.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I wasn't kidding about that newborn thing. I think with how little sleep I've gotten the past three days, I'm lucky that I at least gave an actual universe number.

Is there any chance for a poorly-received deal with the devil to get me out of this?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

El Tortuga posted:

I wasn't kidding about that newborn thing. I think with how little sleep I've gotten the past three days, I'm lucky that I at least gave an actual universe number.

Is there any chance for a poorly-received deal with the devil to get me out of this?

Marriage.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

SW #7 cover:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Crusader posted:

SW #7 cover:

I see Japanese Spider-Man's hand with the bracelet in the lower right corner. I know I've been a vocal detractor, but Jonathan Hickman I will take back everything I've ever said if you have Leopardon fight God-Doom.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahaha is that Goose Rider on his arm?!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

That looks like loving Lou Ferrigno's Hulk down at the bottom. Don't let me down, Marvel.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mc2 Juggernaut, Space Conan, a whole mess of Spider-People, a possibly depowered Scott, All New Thor, Redwing(?) At the top, another Steve in Cap power armor with an Avengers shield. Who's the guy on the far right wearing pajamas and a sauce pan on his head???

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ha, Forbush Man even.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Jiro posted:

Who's the guy on the far right wearing pajamas and a sauce pan on his head???

IUG posted:

Ha, Forbush Man even.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Jiro posted:

Mc2 Juggernaut, Space Conan, a whole mess of Spider-People, a possibly depowered Scott, All New Thor, Redwing(?) At the top, another Steve in Cap power armor with an Avengers shield. Who's the guy on the far right wearing pajamas and a sauce pan on his head???

IUG posted:

Ha, Forbush Man even.

GOD-DOOM STANDS NO CHANCE AGAINST FORBUSH MAN

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Why Forbush Man wasn't combined with the Golden Age Red Tornado during Amalgam, we'll just never know.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Man, at this point I think it's just hardwired into me as a nerd to get incredibly excited about Alex Ross covers no matter what I think of the actual book it's about.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh god Forbush Man, and the really lame Barbarian space guys that Marvel tried to push in the late 70s.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
finding out from early reviews that Runaways is straight up just every young adult post-apocalyptic novel written in the last three years further vindicates my decision to not read that book

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks like Lou Ferrigno Hulk brought along TV movie Daredevil, too! Or that's the MCU one.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Blockhouse posted:

finding out from early reviews that Runaways is straight up just every young adult post-apocalyptic novel written in the last three years further vindicates my decision to not read that book

Continuing the proud tradition established by Avengers Arena, then.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Jiro posted:

a possibly depowered Scott

Before reading too much into it, I'd imagine that Cyclops being the Phoenix might not have been a detail given out when this cover was being made probably long before the first Secret Wars issue.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bottom left is 1602 Captain America :allears:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I know Alex Ross gets a lot of hate, but I think that's a great cover. I'd love a poster version .

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

PaybackJack posted:

I know Alex Ross gets a lot of hate, but I think that's a great cover. I'd love a poster version .

Who are the joyless dicks hating on Alex Ross?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Kaleidoscope posted:

Who are the joyless dicks hating on Alex Ross?

Me. He can paint pretty well, but he's also a huge fuckin blowhard. It's tainted my enjoyment of his work.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Codependent Poster posted:

Looks like Lou Ferrigno Hulk brought along TV movie Daredevil, too! Or that's the MCU one.

I thought the guy with the lightning bolt was TV Movie Thor at first.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dacap posted:

I thought the guy with the lightning bolt was TV Movie Thor at first.

Nah he's Space Conan from Weirdworld. Arkon the Magnificent.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Who is the Doctor Strange-esque guy wearing a Spider-man 2099-esque mask in the bottom center?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I had thought that was Strange from the Midnight Sons stuff in the 90s.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Elucidarius posted:

Who is the Doctor Strange-esque guy wearing a Spider-man 2099-esque mask in the bottom center?

Comedy answer:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Me. He can paint pretty well, but he's also a huge fuckin blowhard. It's tainted my enjoyment of his work.

Plus the whole fat superheroes who look like your dad in garbage looking costumes thing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Haha, not quite.

It's Strange from the Rise of the Midnight Sons era. I know nothing else about him but I'm sure someone here has read that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I haven't read them yet but I picked up Thors, Runaways, Squadron Sinister and OML 2 for today. I think the only one I missed was Armor Wars, which I heard was terrible.

• Locked thread