Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
So I started a new Twitter, @shitmytrumpsays

If you have a favorite Trump quote, post it and I'll tweet it.

First tweet:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Jazerus posted:

This is about the time Romney is going to ride in on a white horse and end up the establishment candidate by default again, right? :mitt:

No no, Rafalca's retired.

Edit: ....shoulda hit refresh.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
iJeb! is on the Tonight Show, isn't it a little early to be on the talk show circuit?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The X-man cometh posted:

iJeb! is on the Tonight Show, isn't it a little early to be on the talk show circuit?

Think of it this way, with Trump declaring in an already crowded Republican race, each of them needs to reserve spots as fast as they can. It's reality television logic, Race for the Nomination, there's no time to lose!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

The X-man cometh posted:

But isn't this kind of thing beneath the dignity of someone seeking such high office?!

Oh wait, he's a white Republican? Nevermind, then.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
First Republican debate has been confirmed to be 10 candidates only, looks like Trump is 11-9th place depending on the specific poll, but first debate is a Fox News one, will they use their own polls elusively or will they do a poll-average?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Jeb saying that how he met his first presidents were more terrifying than anything else its like hearing about a loving hereditary monarchy. If he wins I will actually leave the USA I am done with college in a year and I really will leave not even in the bitter "the guy I wanted to win didn't" I would honestly prefer Ted Cruz or Donald Trump.
#HouseBush

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Jack2142 posted:

If he wins I will actually leave the USA I am done with college in a year and I really will leave not even in the bitter "the guy I wanted to win didn't" I would honestly prefer Ted Cruz or Donald Trump.
#HouseBush

You'll feel right at home!

Sorry, there is no escaping late-stage neoliberal capitalism.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Wheeee posted:

You'll feel right at home!

Sorry, there is no escaping late-stage neoliberal capitalism.

NOOOO!!!

(Canada is not where I wanted to flee too, my end goal was a nice stable good old fashioned military dictatorship)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I can't believe this is actually happening. Even better is that my mother and her 9/11 Truther husband are probably going to donate the max for trump.

They've been openly wishing he would run since 2008. Scary richly get?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Vertical Lime posted:

Colbert already came out with a parody of the Trump announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFVC3qYGYiE

Dead at the Ulysses ref on Bloomsday.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Nice for someone to say what we all think

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
The scary thing is that you've got 14 people running on the exact same policy platform of serving as the empty vessel to receive Reagan's dark soul brought back to this world by burning the corpses of the poor to fuel the Resurrection Matrix, and you have Donald Trump.

Trump's easily the last harmful Republican candidate running.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Vertical Lime posted:

Who's Bam?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

VanSandman posted:

Who's Bam?

Barack "Hussein" Obama

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jack2142 posted:

Jeb saying that how he met his first presidents were more terrifying than anything else its like hearing about a loving hereditary monarchy. If he wins I will actually leave the USA I am done with college in a year and I really will leave not even in the bitter "the guy I wanted to win didn't" I would honestly prefer Ted Cruz or Donald Trump.
#HouseBush

Between money and ratings there's no way he's not in the main one.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

First tweet:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Completely un-factcheckeable. His one strength.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pillowpants posted:

I can't believe this is actually happening. Even better is that my mother and her 9/11 Truther husband are probably going to donate the max for trump.
Ah, that's what the Trump campaign reminds me of. Trump is the farcical second coming of Ross Perot. The same sort of blunt, no-nonsense, outsider approach to government to blow away all the corrupt self-dealing gridlocked crooks and pop the hood open and fix what is broken, by a man who made his own fortune and is beholden to no one. Old white people loving loved Ross Perot back in 1992 for his let's cut the crap and get things working again approach. Looks like Trump is going to try and siphon that same energy, although he's not one-tenth the candidate Perot was (and Perot was an unelectable loon).

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Alter Ego posted:

Completely un-factcheckeable. His one strength.

There is no "Pants on Fire" powerful enough.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FMguru posted:

Ah, that's what the Trump campaign reminds me of. Trump is the farcical second coming of Ross Perot. The same sort of blunt, no-nonsense, outsider approach to government to blow away all the corrupt self-dealing gridlocked crooks and pop the hood open and fix what is broken, by a man who made his own fortune and is beholden to no one. Old white people loving loved Ross Perot back in 1992 for his let's cut the crap and get things working again approach. Looks like Trump is going to try and siphon that same energy, although he's not one-tenth the candidate Perot was (and Perot was an unelectable loon).

Except Perot actually wanted to be President. Trump wants to be President in the same way you or I might want a cold beer.

Trump right now sounds like a Saturday Night Live caricature of a GOP Presidential nominee. I still can't believe he's being considered as a serious candidate.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

Except Perot actually wanted to be President. Trump wants to be President in the same way you or I might want a cold beer.

Trump right now sounds like a Saturday Night Live caricature of a GOP Presidential nominee. I still can't believe he's being considered as a serious candidate.

He's not a serious candidate, but I would call him a serious monkeywrench. The rest of the GOP field will have to engage with his rhetoric on at least some level, and it's just going to make them all look like buffoons.

If he takes the stage for a debate, he'll drag them all to hell.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

College Republicans: "Why I Am A Republican"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wicXHFg2__4

This is beautiful because it talks about how Republicans are the ones bringing new things to the table and for a few minutes talks about because they are the uber generation.
"We are the Facebook generation, the Uber generation."

This made me look up campaign contributions. The Uber co-founder donated to obama, but Zuckerberg seems to be giving money to both Republicans and Democrats. Looks like he has some good lobbying advisors.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Alter Ego posted:

My point was that he's tapping into that same current of "a successful businessman from outside politics needs to come in and fix washington" that motivated the Perot movement. People have been wondering for the last dozen pages where his support (such as it is) comes from, Pillowpants' mom and her husband provided the explanation: it's an echo of Perot 1992.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Hilary is now pushing "The Official Hillary 2016 Playlist" on social media, in case this couldn't get any more surreal

Highlights include Roar by Katy Perry and Happy by Pharrell (the latter apparently because it is from an album titled G I R L)

:allears:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Josh Lyman posted:

"We are the Facebook generation, the Uber generation."

This made me look up campaign contributions. The Uber co-founder donated to obama, but Zuckerberg seems to be giving money to both Republicans and Democrats. Looks like he has some good lobbying advisors.

Zuckerberg is basically a single issue contributor. He only cares about expanding the H1B visa program so he can stop paying programmers six figures. H1B visa reform has gone bipartisan but unfortunately for Zuc instead of expanding it like he wants everyone is talking about cracking down on the very loopholes Facebook intends to exploit.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

fermun posted:

First Republican debate has been confirmed to be 10 candidates only, looks like Trump is 11-9th place depending on the specific poll, but first debate is a Fox News one, will they use their own polls elusively or will they do a poll-average?

Maximum entertainment. They use their own staged poll to have an excuse to cut out Trump. Trump goes Nuclear. Can you imagine?

Lawsuits, lunatic invective, hell he'd turn up at the debate and genuinely try and crash it.

Great_Gerbil
Sep 1, 2006
Rhombomys opimus
I'm gonna bring this back up because, in my mind, it's far too big to let candidates get away with.

Jeb! posted:

I hope I’m not going to get castigated for saying this by my priest back home, but I don’t get economic policy from my bishops or my cardinal or my pope. I think religion ought to be about making us better as people and less about things that end up getting in the political realm.

The GOP are the ones putting this in the political realm. Every single bit of this sentence is twisted.

If you want to (as a prolife Catholic like Biden might) state that you disagree with the Church about something, say it. I believe that many Catholics would say they would not personally choose abortion but they won't force that belief on others.

It is not okay to say, "My religion informs me morally but I don't believe morals have any place informing my policy. Especially when it comes to how we treat those in poverty, one of the few issues Jesus was unequivocally clear on."

Great_Gerbil fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 17, 2015

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Is Trump really going to accept donations? I'd rather he blow through his own money than take from lower/middle class rubes. (Other than the money he already takes from selling his lovely self-help books, and doing "business advice" shows with the guy from Rich Dad Poor Dad)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So it's OK to derive all opinions on social policy from religion, but don't you dare take any of that "help the poor" or "climate change is real" stuff seriously, son. The church doesn't get to offer opinions about that.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

The X-man cometh posted:

Is Trump really going to accept donations? I'd rather he blow through his own money than take from lower/middle class rubes. (Other than the money he already takes from selling his lovely self-help books, and doing "business advice" shows with the guy from Rich Dad Poor Dad)

Uhmm.. free money..

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Vertical Lime posted:

Trump's magic is already working. :getin:

@agold34 posted:

Proves you're not a real newspaper. This is how you treat someone who built up this country #crook #clinton

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Fried Chicken posted:

Hilary is now pushing "The Official Hillary 2016 Playlist" on social media, in case this couldn't get any more surreal

Highlights include Roar by Katy Perry and Happy by Pharrell (the latter apparently because it is from an album titled G I R L)

:allears:

I sort of snorted when I saw it Saturday, but on reflection, I can totally see Hip Granny Hillary listening to it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

You could say Trump is going to open a new chapter of the American story.

(I don't need to explain the joke do I?)

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

I was sort of surprised to see my ultra-religious childhood friend posting Trump's announcement speech on Facebook. I know he at least pays lip service to the religious right, but I didn't think any of them would buy it. Conversely, I'm sure she was surprised to see liberal ol' me liking her status for once.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
My aunt Carol would get a kick out of this one (aunt-in-law, but who's counting!)
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/06/2016-election/384828/

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maybe this is Trump's plan to get a whole bunch of SuperPAC money for personal use.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Josh Lyman posted:

Maybe this is Trump's plan to get a whole bunch of SuperPAC money for personal use.
Nah, he's just boosting his Q rating. By all rights he should be a has-been from the 1980s like Flock of Seagulls, but he keeps himself in the public eye in order to sell more books and tickets to speaking engagements and reality shows and get-rich-quick seminars - not to mention slapping his name on things. He was on the front page of all the newspapers and on most TV newscasts yesterday. This is also why he doesn't care about being fact-checked and will say the most calculatedly outrageous things - the more controversy that stirs around him, the higher his public profile rises.

Although if rubes want to send him checks for $100 and $500, he sure isn't going to refuse to cash them.

FMguru fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 17, 2015

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

fermun posted:

Great, if intentional. (Or even if not)

Yeah, there's just no satirizing him. He will out-outlandish you every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Bobby Digital posted:

First tweet:

if trump turns out to be a weeaboo i might just have to vote for him, sorry guys

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 17, 2015

• Locked thread