Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

epitasis posted:

oh top-down I basically just saw the Etrian reference and was like nah peace out

thanks

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is just the most recent in the Mystery Dungeon games (and it sucks like all Etrian games).

Pokemon Mystery Dungeons are pretty chill and fun to play if you can get them cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Some dude on Neogaf compiled Mario Maker online functionality details with some screens from the Treehouse demo:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1065037

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's really weird that there's a Pokemon roguelike series and it's over ten years old.
Weirder than Nobunaga's Pokemon Ambition?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The weirdest Pokemon game is that 3DS game they announced ages ago where Pikachu can talk and has a weird mocapped human face and he's a detective in the real world hunting Evil Pikablu or something? Like, I'm not making that up, right? What the gently caress happened to that game? What the gently caress WAS that game?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Anybody else remember that Pokemon game that was literally about nothing but chilling with your Pikachu, watching TV, ordering poo poo off of shopping channels, playing gameboy games, and going for walks? I actually quite liked that game as a kid, it was pretty chill.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The weirdest Pokemon game is that 3DS game they announced ages ago where Pikachu can talk and has a weird mocapped human face and he's a detective in the real world hunting Evil Pikablu or something? Like, I'm not making that up, right? What the gently caress happened to that game? What the gently caress WAS that game?

Oh yeah, I think it's been two years since they talked about it, it sounded super weird. I was really excited for that. :smith:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

oh what the gently caress now I'm getting nostalgic over loving Pokemon Channel

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I remember renting Hey You Pikachu :unsmith:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That sounds loving amazing, also far too absurd to ever have actually existed. Does anyone have any information on it? Because as is I don't think I can believe such a game was even conceived let alone in the process of being made.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That sounds loving amazing, also far too absurd to ever have actually existed. Does anyone have any information on it? Because as is I don't think I can believe such a game was even conceived let alone in the process of being made.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/28/pokemon-detective-game-with-blue-talking-pikachu-due-in-2015/

:shrug:

E: A development vid:

http://www.nhk.or.jp/professional/2013/1028/movie/yokoku.html

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Jsor posted:

I remember renting Hey You Pikachu :unsmith:

I own it, it just as good as it was back then.

It would be amazing if they some how made a new one using the Wii U Game Pad mic or Pokemon Snap 2 using gyro controls.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

:stare:

Jarogue posted:

I own it, it just as good as it was back then.

It would be amazing if they some how made a new one using the Wii U Game Pad mic or Pokemon Snap 2 using gyro controls.

Apparently they made 3 spiritual sequels. two of which were on the wii

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I see the video and I see the article, but i'm still not sure I can believe it ever actually existed. I want it to be real so bad though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I thought it was an alight conference and at this point my feelings on everyone else becoming pillars of Salt Regardless of what Nintendo do switches between amusement and frustration.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

Apparently they made 3 spiritual sequels. two of which were on the wii
Pokemon Channel is like the only spiritual sequel but all you do is watch TV because Professor Oak told you too . The 2 Wii game was the PokePark series . The first game is basically nothing but mini game with a dumb story but cool looking areas walk around in. The second game felt like babies first Zelda, minus the dungeon but a neat combat system.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't get the people I've seen acting like Nintendo is going to immediately abandon the WiiU and move all upcoming titles to whatever the NX is. If they go in line with how they did the WiiU, it goes rumbling of the codename this year, some actual details and a name next year, proper detailing the next, release sometime after that. I got the impression that Zelda just got delayed a few quarters to get it properly finished instead of pulling a Wind Waker, I don't get a "push to next system" vibe like from TP or a "development is kind of a mess" vibe like SS.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Motto posted:

I don't get the people I've seen acting like Nintendo is going to immediately abandon the WiiU and move all upcoming titles to whatever the NX is.

Because people are dumb.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I do think Reggie mentioning the NX was a bizarre mistake, because regardless of what the thing actually is or when it's actually releasing, people's assumptions are defaulting to "new console replacing Wii U holiday 2016".

I'm sure Zelda is still a Wii U title, but failing to show it AND hinting at a potential new platform is only going to make people reluctant to buy a Wii U now.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Read an impression that says that in Starfox 0 you can transform your vehicle at almost any time, you can even become the raptor walker in space and look like a dumbass.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just cant shake off the thought of the NX coming out holidays 2017, meaning there's one batch of unannounced Wii U games to go by (sans party titles and small eshop or sports stuff that can come out faster) and that'll be it for the Wii U. Gone and done in five.

It's not that i think support for the U is gone anf Nintendo is only doing NX, it's that im worried about how close we are to getting there, like a year and some months.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 17, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd wait to make predictions until we actually know what the NX is. I think they clarified that it's a console, but it's still completely up in the air what that could mean or what they'll do with it.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Supercar Gautier posted:

I do think Reggie mentioning the NX was a bizarre mistake, because regardless of what the thing actually is or when it's actually releasing, people's assumptions are defaulting to "new console replacing Wii U holiday 2016".

I'm sure Zelda is still a Wii U title, but failing to show it AND hinting at a potential new platform is only going to make people reluctant to buy a Wii U now.
It's kind of a recurring theme that Nintendo can be completely unambiguous and people still get confused. Remember the announcement of the Wii U? And add that to the fact that Nintendo set their own precedent delaying a major Zelda game to port it to their next console, so they kind of dug themselves into a hole there. I don't think anything short of a firm launch window would stop people from speculating that Zelda is being ported to NX.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Motto posted:

I'd wait to make predictions until we actually know what the NX is. I think they clarified that it's a console, but it's still completely up in the air what that could mean or what they'll do with it.

Wasn't it rumored to bridge the console and the handheld?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's some type of set up like the platforms are unified, handheld is the main focus, the console does some Dolphin-esque upscaling, the handheld can act like a wii u gamepad, etc.

Seems like a natural progression and the only way the third parties won't ignore them.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Third parties will ask for a ransom and then gently caress off anyway.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Nintendo had the best e3 ever because of the nwc. it was just fantastic. Everything else was a bonus.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Motto posted:

I don't get the people I've seen acting like Nintendo is going to immediately abandon the WiiU and move all upcoming titles to whatever the NX is. If they go in line with how they did the WiiU, it goes rumbling of the codename this year, some actual details and a name next year, proper detailing the next, release sometime after that.

I guess it's because Wii's last years were empty. But people forget that Nintendo has monthly directs, and in every single one they have at least one surprise (big games get announced sometimes), so it's not like we're not going to see anything until E3 2016.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
PAL release dates for the rest of the year

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vookatos posted:

I guess it's because Wii's last years were empty. But people forget that Nintendo has monthly directs, and in every single one they have at least one surprise (big games get announced sometimes), so it's not like we're not going to see anything until E3 2016.

There's no way they're going to drop the NX at a direct instead of at TGS.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

less laughter posted:

I'm actually favouring Art Academy over Yoshi, Mario Maker is a given, Starfox is a strong maybe. I'm glad there's nothing else because between that and MK/Smash DLC I might be screwed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

less laughter posted:

Wow, the Devil's Third release date is that close and they showed squat on it? :psyduck:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wow, the Devil's Third release date is that close and they showed squat on it? :psyduck:

This may sound surprising, but it might be a pile of poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

elf help book posted:

This may sound surprising, but it might be a pile of poo poo.

I'm not expecting it to even stand a chance of being decent, just that I was expecting it to still have a release date of TBA or 2016.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's not announced for a NA release, it doesn't seem to be at E3 at all, the JP physical release is Amazon-exclusive, NOE announced this game with a ten second clip of the main character doing a drum solo and no other info. They're not even pretending to give a gently caress about Devil's Third and I kinda wonder what they were thinking when they picked it up.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
The main character and the game looked totally different at the time so I can understand why they would. Looked like old DMC/Ninja Gaiden at that point. Hasn't the game gone through like three different protagonists or something?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It did change a few times during the THQ era but the current character design came about after Nintendo picked them up because the Nintendo producer told them to go wild and show more Japanese pride or something.

EDIT: quote

“I’ve been making this game together with Mr. Yamagami of Nintendo for a while now, and one day he came to me with this really burning intensity. He asked me, “Why aren’t you showing off the Valhalla spirit?! Why don’t you really show what Japanese developers can do?!” So I asked him, “Can we get away with that? Can we push it that far?!” He replied, “Of course! Otherwise what’s the point of us working together?!” His words really lit a fire under us, leading to the creation of Ivan, the protagonist, and the in-game music.”

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

“Why aren’t you showing off the Valhalla spirit?! Why don’t you really show what Japanese developers can do?!”

:mediocre:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ghostwritingduck posted:

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Wii U upcoming games except for the fact that Super Mario Maker is the game I'm most excited for out of E3. The Nintendo Direct did a pretty terrible job of showing it off though.

Did you somehow miss the 2+ hours of Treehouse coverage after the direct that was dedicated specifically to that game?

Motto posted:

I don't get the people I've seen acting like Nintendo is going to immediately abandon the WiiU and move all upcoming titles to whatever the NX is. If they go in line with how they did the WiiU, it goes rumbling of the codename this year, some actual details and a name next year, proper detailing the next, release sometime after that. I got the impression that Zelda just got delayed a few quarters to get it properly finished instead of pulling a Wind Waker, I don't get a "push to next system" vibe like from TP or a "development is kind of a mess" vibe like SS.

There has literally been nothing revealed about the NX besides "it is a thing that will exist at some point in the future and will play video games" but people on the internet are acting like they are the head of Nintendo R&D

basically, if you find yourself giving a poo poo about what some internet rando thinks they will or will not do, you need to stop and do something else

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

It did change a few times during the THQ era but the current character design came about after Nintendo picked them up because the Nintendo producer told them to go wild and show more Japanese pride or something.

EDIT: quote

“I’ve been making this game together with Mr. Yamagami of Nintendo for a while now, and one day he came to me with this really burning intensity. He asked me, “Why aren’t you showing off the Valhalla spirit?! Why don’t you really show what Japanese developers can do?!” So I asked him, “Can we get away with that? Can we push it that far?!” He replied, “Of course! Otherwise what’s the point of us working together?!” His words really lit a fire under us, leading to the creation of Ivan, the protagonist, and the in-game music.”

This is really cool. That game is going to be an insane mess but I really hope it's a lovable insane mess.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

This is really cool. That game is going to be an insane mess but I really hope it's a lovable insane mess.

I'm going to buy it and I'm going to love it and I'm going to paint kanji on my Little Mac amiibo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's called Devil's Third because Satan had to go #3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Devil's Third looks bad, please buy a good game instead

• Locked thread