Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

yep got misled by people re: the JP notes, should have checked myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Name the next thread 'Pray return to Final Fantasy XIV'.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Pierson posted:

yeah

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Pierson posted:

Yes please. I'm telling my friends who plan to resub that exactly.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mordiceius posted:

MY BODY IS READY

Wait where's the dud card that debuffs a party member?

I really want that.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

it was lost in translation

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

ilifinicus posted:

Dead game. We had a good run.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ilifinicus posted:

I better get my god drat debuff card.

I'm going to be so pissed if I don't.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

it was confirmed it is a BUFF not a debuff a lil while back, maybe you should pay more attention!!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ilifinicus posted:

it was confirmed it is a BUFF not a debuff a lil while back, maybe you should pay more attention!!

Fine I want to get my BUFF that fucks over my own party so I can gently caress with people I don't like, and Dark Knights who I feel like getting into a pissing match with when they use their mark on me.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Renegret posted:

Alas, the dream of using the card on that one guy right before he eats a massive AoE is dead.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Renegret posted:

You're not sadly. The Bole card is actually a defense buff that makes its recipient take 10% LESS damage, the thing about it making your target take MORE damage was a mistranslation. The very first report of "Bole increases vulnerability" was with that caveat that it might have been a translation error, and it turns out it was.

Renegret posted:

Fine I want to get my BUFF that fucks over my own party so I can gently caress with people I don't like, and Dark Knights who I feel like getting into a pissing match with when they use their mark on me.

Oh you can still do that. Give a melee class the "MP cost down" buff or a caster the "TP cost down" buffs. You can still gently caress around with your cards.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My hopes and dreams have been crushed.

I'm so upset

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm unsubbing and canceling my pre-order

Yoshi you have ruined the game

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Renegret posted:

Why? It was a paltry amount of damage increase, you would never have killed anyone with it you couldn't have more efficiently killed by just not healing them and claiming lag or some other nonsense.

I will never understand the glee at the thought of "trolling" with that ability. If ast was a dps sure, but not as a role with better means of bothering people.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Renegret posted:

*Cards 25% increased attack speed*

"Why is everyone out of MP/TP, what is wrong with you people???"

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Failboattootoot posted:

Why? It was a paltry amount of damage increase, you would never have killed anyone with it you couldn't have more efficiently killed by just not healing them and claiming lag or some other nonsense.

I will never understand the glee at the thought of "trolling" with that ability. If ast was a dps sure, but not as a role with better means of bothering people.

We play a game where pubbies shun summoners for no reason at all, get mad at healers who throw some DPS around when everyone's at max health, and vote kick a tank who tries to do the Bone Dragon in the in the way the developers intended.

It's not the destination, it's the journey, friend.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

It could have made the difference between life and death in a fight like the Cloud of Darkness. Now it may, but not in any way I'm inclined to care about.

Goodbye Bole card, you were too good for this world. :smith:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Meldonox posted:

It could have made the difference between life and death in a fight like the Cloud of Darkness. Now it may, but not in any way I'm inclined to care about.

Goodbye Bole card, you were too good for this world. :smith:
:what:

it's still 5% AoE or 10% single target reduced incoming damage

it's still pretty darned good

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

:what:

it's still 5% AoE or 10% single target reduced incoming damage

it's still pretty darned good

yeah but he's saying it could've been really good in a trolly fashion

edit: basically a ":gitgud: or else" card

kojei fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 17, 2015

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm saying you drop it on some pubbie and watch them froth at the mouth, even if they're a lowly DPS who shouldn't be getting hit anyway. The goal isn't to kill them.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
The Dark Knight "take a guess at who's gonna feed, win BIG HEALTH POOL-RIZES" still exists, right?

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Renegret posted:

I'm saying you drop it on some pubbie and watch them froth at the mouth, even if they're a lowly DPS who shouldn't be getting hit anyway. The goal isn't to kill them.

This guy gets it. Bole could have been so much more than it is. RIP Bole.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I think you can be more efficient at ruining someone else's fun in this game by being poo poo at playing your class

oh wait you already are

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dryzen posted:

close the thread already

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Renegret posted:

It's really a shame. That said, I predict that a similar phenomenon will inevitably happen when certain pubs flip out because you're not buffing them when in their mind, they're the party's secret weapon.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Dryzen posted:

close the thread already

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Bertram Weatherby posted:

It's really a shame. That said, I predict that a similar phenomenon will inevitably happen when certain pubs flip out because you're not buffing them when in their mind, they're the party's secret weapon.

I'll have to settle on MP buffing the Paladin, but it's just not the same.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, these buffs aren't party wide? I thought it was like selene's thing or something.

Just put the wrong buff on someone then, poo poo will explode just as well.

Even better, use all the buffs on yourself. :v:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
loving pubbies just don't know how to play, i, the handsome goon and master troll, am intentionally playing poorly on purpose

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Renegret posted:

I'll have to settle on MP buffing the Paladin, but it's just not the same.

Just think of how many extra Flashes he'll be able to squeeze in between spamming Riot Blade.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Truga posted:

Wait, these buffs aren't party wide? I thought it was like selene's thing or something.

Just put the wrong buff on someone then, poo poo will explode just as well.

Even better, use all the buffs on yourself. :v:

Wait

I'm not sure now.

I just kind of assumed it was an individual person because I don't know.

Bertram Weatherby posted:

Just think of how many extra Flashes he'll be able to squeeze in between spamming Riot Blade.

Yeah. Very important.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm glad the natural progression of Fishing is to go from Skyfishing to Hellfishing and Aetherfishing. The latter makes me curious where those fishing spots will be located.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I thought that it was single target but Royal Road made Bole and Spire into AoE.

But now I feel gaslighted.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Either way, if it's single target, everyone except the person you buff is going to flip out (spoiler: always target yourself), because they're obviously better and more important than that guy, and obviously they deserve your buffs the most.

And then a week later SE will change it.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
FYI, ARR (base and CE) is on sale on Steam for the Monster Summer sale. I picked up the CE (because I'm a sperg and like tchotchkes) for $37 (think that's what it was, I'm at work now).

Fortunately I get up early for work so created an appearance last night and then jumped on this morning and created an Arcanist on Excalibur (Scholar looks like a fun job). So far, this game seems really, really good. I spent a good 15 minutes just sitting in the starting town staring at people's cool outfits (or lack thereof, which made me feel a little dirty), and killed some lambs with my Ori Carbuncle.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Truga posted:

I hope not. The devil's in the details, but AST is already looking pretty impressive. I'm hoping that in their zeal to make a healer that could fulfill the role of either, they didn't accidentally make one that obsoletes both.

Also, the obvious solution to choosing how to use the cards is to announce that the first person to reply will get the buff, and then use it on a random person.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Truga posted:

Either way, if it's single target, everyone except the person you buff is going to flip out (spoiler: always target yourself), because they're obviously better and more important than that guy, and obviously they deserve your buffs the most.

Well, AST gets a buff spreading spell anyway.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Always drop the buff on Titan-egi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

HelloPlatypus posted:

XIV Youtube channel just uploaded this short little video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9isrXOAUVc

Twintania flying mount, baby:

I need this please yoship.

• Locked thread