Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

elf help book posted:

This is really cool. That game is going to be an insane mess but I really hope it's a lovable insane mess.

It is probably going to be Just Bad in the unfun way, but I hope you are right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

raditts posted:

There has literally been nothing revealed about the NX besides "it is a thing that will exist at some point in the future and will play video games" but people on the internet are acting like they are the head of Nintendo R&D

basically, if you find yourself giving a poo poo about what some internet rando thinks they will or will not do, you need to stop and do something else

Given how bad WiiU has failed on the sales front it's pretty logical to assume they will want to move on as quick as they can, especially given how its known that something is in the pipeline and will be discussed next year. Last year's E3 felt like Nintendo was going to bust their balls to move systems via quality software and dig out of the low sales quagmire. This year did not give off that feeling. This just seems like the no man's land before "the next big thing" is announced. Whether true or not I dunno but that sure is the perception they gave off.

Hey, at least Mario Maker is going to own bones and give me infinite Super Mario World levels. Also, that box art is slick.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
D4 is an insane mess, Devil's Third is is Brink.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Hey, at least Mario Maker is going to own bones and give me infinite Super Mario World levels.

Truth. This alone should sell people on getting a Wii U. Why would you need any other system?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Motto posted:

This is kind of like last year where I was confused as to why everybody was so happy with Nintendo, only now I'm confused as to why everybody's mad at Nintendo.

I'm in the same boat. Starfox looks like it's exactly what everyone's been asking for (pure SNES/64-style courses with no Kystal or lovely shipless sections), Mario Maker is now a day one purchase, and Mario & Luigi Paper Jam looks like a must-buy. The only part I was disappointed by was the fact that Federation Force/Blast Ball is Metroid branded, but even that looks kinda fun once you get past that. Are people really that salty about the lack of new game announcements? I figured having playable demos of games available in the next year is better than pre-rendered teasers of things that are years away.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I think that the Animal Crossing Amiibo game looks p cool but I wont be able to play it because I can't buy any of the Amiibo that I want. Has anyone got on their poo poo at this E3 about it?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zonekeeper posted:

I'm in the same boat. Starfox looks like it's exactly what everyone's been asking for (pure SNES/64-style courses with no Kystal or lovely shipless sections), Mario Maker is now a day one purchase, and Mario & Luigi Paper Jam looks like a must-buy. The only part I was disappointed by was the fact that Federation Force/Blast Ball is Metroid branded, but even that looks kinda fun once you get past that. Are people really that salty about the lack of new game announcements? I figured having playable demos of games available in the next year is better than pre-rendered teasers of things that are years away.

I like Mario and Luigi games but this one looks so loving ugly.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The weirdest Pokemon game is that 3DS game they announced ages ago where Pikachu can talk and has a weird mocapped human face and he's a detective in the real world hunting Evil Pikablu or something? Like, I'm not making that up, right? What the gently caress happened to that game? What the gently caress WAS that game?

I still can't believe this isn't a thing you're making up and actually existed. Or almost existed. Or whatever.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The 3DS's resolution is so low that every 3DS game looks like poo poo when blown up for viewing on a device other than the 3DS itself. It looks exactly like they took Dream Team and Sticker Star's assets and stuck them in the same game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

What?? It looks loving great!! I fuckin love Alphadream's art.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I feel sad that iwata had to apologize for what really was a ok DE. this is a new low point for gamers.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Cyron posted:

I feel sad that iwata had to apologize for what really was a ok DE. this is a new low point for gamers.

The only low point here is your posting

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Anyone who gets mad over Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival should stop. I have never seen a more heartwarming and endearing board game video game in my life and all anyone else can say is "muh wii u animal crossing a bloo bloo bloo"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Iwata has yet to properly apologize for the company handling of the amiibos.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

Iwata has yet to properly apologize for the company handling of the amiibos.

I am sure some deranged fan will shoot up his house due to the amiibo shortage. Some people go crazy for their plastic toys.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cyron posted:

It's a shame that if they learn anything from it, it will be to have less good info on the Directs and to save it for the big shows like this.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Bowser Skylanders amiibo makes me want to buy Skylanders and that upsets me

What do we have to do to get Nintendo to make a full on Bowser game

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cyron posted:

Yes how sad that a millionaire CEO has to apologize for his billion-dollar company's lackluster presentation, a true humanitarian tragedy

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I don't understand why an apology was warranted at all. Their E3 presentation was FINE! Yeah, it wasn't the most earth shattering thing of all time, but it was perfectly okay.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

less laughter posted:

Yes how sad that a millionaire CEO has to apologize for his billion-dollar company's lackluster presentation, a true humanitarian tragedy

More like how sad that he has to apologize for not announcing a bunch of HD remakes, kickstarters, and for not re-affirming that a game in development for over 7 years still totally exists you guys now here's some pre-rendered "in-engine" footage for our games that won't be out until 2017.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 17, 2015

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

less laughter posted:

true, but at least there was quick to apologize meaning this wasn't their plan B, it better then in 2008 after wii music someone ask Reggie where are the core games and he said "Dude you got animal crossing".I am glad Nintendo is a bit more humble then most multimillion dollar companies.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 17, 2015

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It's pretty clear that Nintendo is focusing their energy on the NX at this point and I would bet a ton of money (like $20) that the next Zelda is being made for it instead of the U.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

It's pretty clear that Nintendo is focusing their energy on the NX at this point and I would bet a ton of money (like $20) that the next Zelda is being made for it instead of the U.

The Wii-U, a system that is not even worthy of having it's own exclusive Zelda game. :allears:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Nintendo should make a game called Entitlement where your actions consist of crying, making online petitions, and harassing everyone involved with something you don't like, until they finally cave and appease you to stop the noise.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Louisgod posted:

possible, but we still have no clue what the NX honestly is, this can be anything but we will see.

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Wii-U, a system that is not even worthy of having it's own exclusive Zelda game. :allears:

Hyryle Warriors is better then Twilight princess and skyward sword so maybe it a good thing.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 17, 2015

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
The whining over the conference is stupid with the exception of Metroid Federation Force, which is such a weird and ugly thing that the mind boggles a little bit.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Louisgod posted:

They've confirmed two or three times the last few days that it's still a Wii U game.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Szmitten posted:

They've confirmed two or three times the last few days that it's still a Wii U game.

They also said that Twilight Princess was going to be a Gamecube game, and it was. Along with being a Wii game. So whoooo knooooow!

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I didn't watch all the treehouse stuff yesterday. In regards to Mario Maker are there a ton of backgrounds to use (i.e. boo house, donut plains, etc) or is it pretty limited?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Szmitten posted:

It's cute that you believe them.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I didn't watch all the treehouse stuff yesterday. In regards to Mario Maker are there a ton of backgrounds to use (i.e. boo house, donut plains, etc) or is it pretty limited?

I saw them switch 1-1 from above ground to below ground, and there were several other options they could have chosen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was gonna say something on Nintendo being honest, but Reggie told me there wouldn't be an XL version of the 3DS like half a week before it was announced so I was stuck with my brand new tiny-as-gently caress 3DS for a while. :smith:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Louisgod posted:

At worst it will be both like Twilight Princess. :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Nintendo should make a game called Entitlement where your actions consist of crying, making online petitions, and harassing everyone involved with something you don't like, until they finally cave and appease you to stop the noise.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Louisgod posted:

What purpose would there be in Nintendo lying about which platform their upcoming game is going to be on? At worst it'll be a twilight princess situation where there's a current gen and next gen version. But they gain nothing by lying to customers about what system their next Zelda title is going to be released for.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The game is also coming out next year and the NX definitely won't be.
Technically we don't even know if the NX is a home console, handheld, or some kind of weird combination of the two.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The game is also coming out next year and the NX definitely won't be.
Technically we don't even know if the NX is a home console, handheld, or some kind of weird combination of the two.

NX is the new Super Gameboy

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Macaluso posted:

NX is the new Super Gameboy

ungggg don't tease me like that.

Slots for gb(c/a), (3)ds, and whatever new thing. SNES controller slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jivjov posted:

What purpose would there be in Nintendo lying about which platform their upcoming game is going to be on? At worst it'll be a twilight princess situation where there's a current gen and next gen version. But they gain nothing by lying to customers about what system their next Zelda title is going to be released for.

To sell more Wii U? I mean they have to repeat it won't be on the NX so people will buy a Wii U for Zelda, but lets say (and I don't really think it'll happen) there's actually a chance, a big chance everyone is aware of, for the game to be pushed back again and also be an NX title, they don't want people right now to think that's a possibility because they'd rather you buy a Wii U right now than find out there's a chance the game you want is coming out in two more years and it'll be available on another console you can also wait out on instead of giving them money right now.

• Locked thread