Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eej posted:

You can Eye for an Eye the MT and then have the OT walk near and spread it to him right before an add spawns. Two birds with one stone!

I guess the other situation would be for untankable adds, it would be really useful for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fister Roboto posted:

Deployment Tactics on E4E sounds kind of useless, based on the way E4E works.

Deployment Tactics on Adlo will be amazing.

I think it's most useful in situations with multiple tanks running about doing things. You can get both the MT and OT in a swap with an adlo and e4e at once.

e:f;b.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
There are no new traits, so Aetherflow is staying at three stacks unless they pull something weird.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

nuru posted:

Those scholar changes are meaningless without knowing the cooldowns and how high aetherflow will stack now.

Also, updates according to this guy:

Deployment Tactics is a 3min cooldown.
Emergency Tactics is a 1 min cooldown.
Broil costs 353 MP at whatever level the E3 characters were at.
Indomitability is a 30 second recast time.
Dissipation is a 20% potency increase, not an increase to healing spells, with a 20 sec duration and a 120 sec CD.

Niton fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 17, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Niton posted:

Dissipation is a 20% potency increase, not an increase to healing spells, with a 20 sec duration and a 120 sec CD.

Holy poo poo

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Well it looks like I won't be finishing up the MSQ line before Early Access begins. If I upgrade my account, will I be unable to group with players that haven't?

Also, could someone give a summary of what was added in each patch up to this point? I'd appreciate it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Why would I want to kill my fairy.

This is the worst.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Niton posted:

Also, updates according to this guy:

Deployment Tactics is a 3min cooldown.
Emergency Tactics is a 1 min cooldown.
Broil costs 353 MP at whatever level the E3 characters were at.
Indomitability is a 30 second recast time.

I like the part where he says that WHM is straight up garbo and will be replaced in every group.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Niton posted:

So it's a weaker Divine Seal, with twice the cool down and you have to sacrifice your faerie to use it?

That's pretty rough, mate.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Bertram Weatherby posted:

So it's a weaker Divine Seal, with twice the cool down and you have to sacrifice your faerie to use it?

That's pretty rough, mate.

Well, I mean, if it's exactly as he described it, there is one small difference:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fey Illumination -> Whispering Dawn -> Dissipation -> Indomitability -> Adloqium -> Deployment Tactics

Ludicrous overkill healing.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Is enmity really going to be such a problem in Heavensward? It looks like Ninjas are giving up two possible Cool New Things for nothing.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

my body is ready

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
So, I'm trying to resub so I can have fun times in Heavensward, but I can't remember my password. Problem is, I'm trying to reset my password, as I do remember my login ID and email, but I'm not getting a password reset e-mail. I've done it multiple times over the course of several hours and I'm getting zilch fron Squenix. Anyone else trying to do this or tried to do this recently and had issues? :smith:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Niton posted:

Well, I mean, if it's exactly as he described it, there is one small difference:

I dunno, sacrificing your faerie doesn't really seem worth it to facilitate pretending to be a DPS a bit harder for 20s especially when you consider the time spent resummoning or wasting Swiftcast to get her back up.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Who Dat posted:

So, I'm trying to resub so I can have fun times in Heavensward, but I can't remember my password. Problem is, I'm trying to reset my password, as I do remember my login ID and email, but I'm not getting a password reset e-mail. I've done it multiple times over the course of several hours and I'm getting zilch fron Squenix. Anyone else trying to do this or tried to do this recently and had issues? :smith:

Call them.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I dunno, sacrificing your faerie doesn't really seem worth it to facilitate pretending to be a DPS a bit harder for 20s especially when you consider the time spent resummoning or wasting Swiftcast to get her back up.

This is incorrect.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Yeah but what else are you gonna swiftcast other than res? Plus it's a 60 second cooldown for swiftcast, it's not really breaking the bank to have eos out, cast her aoe hot, sac her for a big burst of even more aoe healing/shielding on top of hers, then swiftcast resummon her and continue on as normal. WHM and scholar have very different kits, that ability is balanced based on the kits they have available, not what the other healer has.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

nuru posted:

This is incorrect.

Well then. I am glad for SCHs for getting a useful new tool then!

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Well then. I am glad for SCHs for getting a useful new tool then!

NIN and getting abilities that reduce someone's enmity by 50%, or enmity generated by 80% for 10s. You can't even use them on tanks, for WoD.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

Iron Tusk posted:

Call them.

Do you have a number, because I've scoured the support site for one and I can't find a number anywhere :argh:

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Their entire account system is just kind of messed up. I recall a friend who requested a password reset email having it show up over half a day later.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

Phlogistic posted:

Their entire account system is just kind of messed up. I recall a friend who requested a password reset email having it show up over half a day later.

I seem to recall it being a major issue the last time (when I reset my password after being unsubbed from the original FFXIV release). I don't recall if I had the same delay, but I just put in like 12 password resets over the course of several hours. So...hopefully one of them worked? And I opened a support ticket. Major bummer. I'd call in a heartbeat if I could find a number to call. :sigh:

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

That DRK icon is Berserk as gently caress.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Who Dat posted:

Do you have a number, because I've scoured the support site for one and I can't find a number anywhere :argh:

Should be 1-858-790-7529 unless they changed it

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gizmo Chicken posted:

It looks like a magic wand.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Nah, that was my bad.

To my untrained eye, the ability seemed kind of lacklustre and I fell into the trap of getting indignant about it like a grumpy old man.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Eej posted:

I like the part where he says that WHM is straight up garbo and will be replaced in every group.

This is what everyone says all the time though.

I hope someone explains what the White Mage gets and what's changed somewhere, though. I'd like to know before I go on vacation this weekend.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Nah, that was my bad.

To my untrained eye, the ability seemed kind of lacklustre and I fell into the trap of getting indignant about it like a grumpy old man.

Please don't belzac yourself, that's his job.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

You'll like this armor set then:
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Divine_War_Set

It's basically Guts's Berserker Armor.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gizmo Chicken posted:

My first thought was Vagrant Story.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah it will probably get reduced to 15% to keep it at the same percentage per minute.

Uhh, it's currently 75% per minute though? 80 is much closer to 75 than 60 =p

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Truga posted:

Uhh, it's currently 75% per minute though? 80 is much closer to 75 than 60 =p

For some reason I thought it was 20%, hurr durr.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Fister Roboto posted:

For some reason I thought it was 20%, hurr durr.

It was 20% back in 2.0, then 2.1 gave it a buff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Wanderer's Paean - Nullifies next enfeeblement.
Empyreal arrow - 240 potency. Minuet required.
Iron Jaw - 100 potency, refreshes DOT durations. Minuet required.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Truga posted:

Extra stacks are at 20 and 40 so if it progresses linearly, next one is at 60.

There is going to bo a change in lustrate according to patch notes, I'm betting it getting nerfed to 20% to "balance" getting 4th stack at 60.

It doesn't progress linearly. Aetherflow stacks are granted by the Atherdam trait, and they aren't adding any new traits for post-50.
I would not be surprised if they are putting a short CD on it (on the order of seconds). This would put it in line with every other Aetherflow-costing ability and makes SCH's burst healing a little less strong while keeping the throughput the same.

Eej posted:

The Wanderer's Paean - Nullifies next enfeeblement.

That sounds interesting. I wonder if it will work on the debuffs associated with tank swap mechanics. Hit Titan with it to prevent the Mountain Buster debuff from applying so it falls off, or hit Spiny Plume with it in Garuda so you don't have to worry about it getting super cyclone off.

Klades fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 17, 2015

Creeping Chaos
Nov 15, 2012
Going to toss this here in case someone needs a code: TD2QUWSA

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Well it looks like I won't be finishing up the MSQ line before Early Access begins. If I upgrade my account, will I be unable to group with players that haven't?

Also, could someone give a summary of what was added in each patch up to this point? I'd appreciate it.

I don't know the particulars but here's the story content added in each patch iirc:

2.0 - Story: Praetorium as final story dungeon. Dungeons: Ampador Keep and Wanderer's Palace. Raids: Binding Coil of Bahamut

2.1 - Story: Good King Moogle Mog. Dungeons: Pharos Sirius, Copperbell Hard, and Haukke Hard. CT1 / Labyrinth of the Ancients started here.

2.2 - Story: Leviathan. Dungeons: Halatali Hard, Lost City of Ampador, and, Brayflox's Longstep Hard. Second Coil of Bahamut was added too.

2.3 - Story: Ramuh. Dungeons: Tam Tara Hard, Hullbreaker, and Stone Vigil Hard. Raids: CT2 / Syrcus Tower

2.4 - Story: Shiva. Dungeons: Snowcloak, Sunken Temple of Qarn Hard, and Sastasha Hard. Raids: Final Coil

2.5 - Story: Muttonchops / The Chrysalis. Dungeons: Keeper of the Lake, AK Hard, and WP Hard. Raids: World of Darkness

2.5.5 - Final story including Steps of Faith and the hour of cutscenes. No new dungeons or raids.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Klades posted:

It doesn't progress linearly. Aetherflow stacks are granted by the Atherdam trait, and they aren't adding any new traits for post-50.
I would not be surprised if they are putting a short CD on it (on the order of seconds). This would put it in line with every other Aetherflow-costing ability and makes SCH's burst healing a little less strong while keeping the throughput the same.

That sounds interesting. I wonder if it will work on the debuffs associated with tank swap mechanics. Hit Titan with it to prevent the Mountain Buster debuff from applying so it falls off, or hit Spiny Plume with it in Garuda so you don't have to worry about it getting super cyclone off.

I'm going to assume it means you block the next dispellable mechanic.

Which of course would make Savage T7 hilariously easy and let you not care about towers in T13, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
You can't esuna towers in t13

• Locked thread