Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
If theres an Xbone AD guild I'll join. GT Clemen69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Only scrubs trade by chat anyways. Zone chat is basically the only way to go outside of guilds though.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

xxEightxx posted:

How do consoles unlock the second weapon tray?

Once you hit level 15 you can set the bars in the Skills menu and then quickly switch between both using left on the d-pad (ps4)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ended up rolling a Dark Elf Mage on Ebonheart(PS4, PSN cocononox, IG Knife Ear), wandered around the starter town, stole things, killed livestock, caught a boat to some snowy area, became an ax wielding, lightning tossing berserker just by finding rando loot.

I forgot how much I love the UO style skill system.

Had one crash during a 2 hour play, which is a new experience on consoles.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

RCarr posted:

So basically there is no grouping then?

I was able to find a group for the first Group Dungeon in the game after several hours by just sitting at the entrance and inviting everyone that ran by. I'd rather not do that again.

Is your local area audio on? Groups tend to just camp out asking for people to join, and i haven't had much issue getting picked up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

xxEightxx posted:

Is your local area audio on? Groups tend to just camp out asking for people to join, and i haven't had much issue getting picked up.

Yea I was able to finally get a group together by spamming invites and asking every person that ran by in local chat. Although it would be nice to get a group without having to hear "Get your own group human being!"when I ask 2 people running by if they want to team up.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

I'd like to get a guild invite for the PC whenever someone can. @Nasrik for the Ebonheart Goons and Deconstruct Circlejerk guilds please.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
so does gold income increase by a LOT as you level up or is the grind real?
At level ten and I've been snatching up 30 gold items to sell pretty regularly and I have maybe 2k saved up after i bought a couple bag upgrades and a bank upgrade. Looking at mount prices just makes me mimic SotN Alucard's "WHAT!?"

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 17, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Is there a particular difference between grouping up and just fighting along side other dudes, aside from chat? I'm pretty early (Lv. 12) but so far just hitting the same things as veterans speedrunning yields me quest completions, rewards and achievements just fine.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Zombie Defiler posted:

At level ten and I've been snatching up 30 gold items to sell pretty regularly and I have maybe 2k saved up after i bought a couple bag upgrades and a bank upgrade. Looking at mount prices just makes me mimic SotN Alucard's "WHAT!?"

Still looking for a PS4 North America Ebonheart guild invite - "R7-PS"

The only mount you really need to buy is the 10k gold one, don't worry about saving up for the 40k gold ones until you are flush with cash and like how they look.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Kyte posted:

Is there a particular difference between grouping up and just fighting along side other dudes, aside from chat? I'm pretty early (Lv. 12) but so far just hitting the same things as veterans speedrunning yields me quest completions, rewards and achievements just fine.

Only for getting into instanced group content, and to see map markers on PvP for where group mates are.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Awesome. That's a thing I really like about ESO, since I've never been good at finding groups to do content.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
I invited quasipox and r7-ps to the ps4 guild.

What the hell do I do with collectible items? I killed some wisp bitch and wisps and got some wisp collectible things.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zombie Defiler posted:

Still looking for a PS4 North America Ebonheart guild invite - "R7-PS"

I was able to afford the 10k horse after finishing the entire first AD area and the AD tutorial area (that roost place) and doing questing for an hour in the second, but I barely spent any money in the meantime. Like the occasional teleport and I think I repaired my armor once, but I never bought anything and by the time I finished that stuff I could buy one. I really didn't even need a horse for the tutorial zone and the first one.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

I hate yankees posted:

What the hell do I do with collectible items? I killed some wisp bitch and wisps and got some wisp collectible things.
They are part of various hunting achievements: just "use" them.
If you can't, it means you collected one already and can sell it as junk.

Edit:
That's a nice little improvement.
\/\/\/\/\/

radintorov fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 17, 2015

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

radintorov posted:

They are part of various hunting achievements: just "use" them.
If you can't, it means you collected one already and can sell it as junk.

You can't use them at all on consoles, but just picking them up gives you credit, so you can sell it right away.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Thanks for the guild invite.

Are the Persuasive Will / Intimidating Presence skills worth getting? Do they net more money and rewards from quests or anything like that?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Zombie Defiler posted:

Are the Persuasive Will / Intimidating Presence skills worth getting? Do they net more money and rewards from quests or anything like that?

They give you an extra option in some quests that will save you some running around. Absolutely worth it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
A good way to make money, and xp, is to pop into Cyrodiil and do some dailies. They are usually short quests that reward you with pretty standard quest rewards. There are five hubs roughly distanced from each other in a circle around the map: Cheydinal, Bruma, Chorrol, Vlastarus, and Cropsford. Of those, Cheydinhal and Cropsford are by far the best- all the others involve a lot more travel. Hell, most Cheydinhal quests don't even make you leave the city.

Of course, with Cyrodiil comes the risks of gankers, who camp out near questgivers waiting for you to start a conversation then stab you. Plus just regular players from the other factions there to quest. Usually you're pretty safe so long as you're in a region controlled by your faction, especially if its swarming with friendly players.

Patient Zer0
Jan 3, 2010
Looking for a PC guild invite. Ebonheart account name Pat1entZer0 character name is Koyussira

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I was invited to "the Other Guild", so I joined...is that the Xbone goon guild?

Edit:Thanks! Unless you guys are limiting it to Ebonheart goons, I'd accept an invite; BAROM3T3R edit2, not that I think you are in charge of that, Snack!
VVVVVV

Barometer fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 17, 2015

Snack
Mar 21, 2007

Magically Delicious.
Nope, XBone guild should just be SA Goons.

Skink
Sep 28, 2004
PS4 Ebonheart looking for guild invite. PSN: Tordah

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Skink posted:

PS4 Ebonheart looking for guild invite. PSN: Tordah

Sent you an invite.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Zombie Defiler posted:

Sent you an invite.
Can I get one too. PSN: Presteign

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Presteign posted:

Can I get one too. PSN: Presteign

I sent you an invite.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Thanks for sending out invites. I would have been inviting Ebonheart goons except I thought there was an Ebonheart guild (unless there is one?). Sorry about that. Anyone else need an invite to Lusty Argonian Maid?

I'm really unsure of how to divy up guild ranks. I'm fine with everyone being able to invite, and if you want to vouch for friends or super awesome pubbies, please invite them, but I guess I'll make officer rank for verified goons and member for anyone else. If you're a goon and you're not officer rank, shoot me a PM or message in game.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Should I save up and get the cheapest mount or keep buying bag space upgrades until they cost more than the mount?
I do seem to have issues carrying all my junk around.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Zombie Defiler posted:

There are some achievements that require them. In Glenumbra for instance there is an NPC spawn, Trader Jenko who is part of one of the achievement lines. If you have intimidate you can rob him. If not he is just a trader with a lot of unknown and mysterious items.

Zombie Defiler posted:

Should I save up and get the cheapest mount or keep buying bag space upgrades until they cost more than the mount?

I think the break down I saw suggests that the first two bag upgrades are on par with the horse upgrades and after that it is cheaper to train your horse. I think this assumes that you are getting a horse anyway and treats that as sunk cost.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Zombie Defiler posted:

You horse also adds a mount bag to help haul your poo poo, get it first, then train whatever is cheaper.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
What's up with the racial items not stacking in the guild bank? I tried pulling them out and putting them back in but it didn't fix it.

Edit: there's like 10 of each thing, so I don't want to keep adding crafting stuff if it keeps doing that

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.
Could I get an invite to the PS4 Ebonheart Pact Guild? saintHRHOCC

Thanks!

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I hate yankees posted:

What's up with the racial items not stacking in the guild bank? I tried pulling them out and putting them back in but it didn't fix it.

Edit: there's like 10 of each thing, so I don't want to keep adding crafting stuff if it keeps doing that

Restack them by pulling them out, putting them into your PERSONAL bank, then you can put them back into the guild bank as a solid stack.

I found this out earlier while i was pulling out a few of those.

Mr. Kurtz posted:

Could I get an invite to the PS4 Ebonheart Pact Guild? saintHRHOCC

Thanks!

Sent.

borracho
Sep 17, 2002

Oven Wrangler
Looking for an invite to the PS4 AD guild. PSN: jazzmmw

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

All faction PS4 goons are welcome in Lusty Argonian Maid
(why not, the game rewards us for having higher player count in the guild, and its attached to your PSN not your character.)

Yaknow, something I'm confused about, is it just at low levels that about 90% of what you pick up has no sale value / gives you no materials on deconstruct?
Its starting to drive me nuts thinking I have a bag full of goodies to haul to market when it turns out they may as well be styrofoam packing peanuts taking up space in my inventory.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
I think weapon drops sell, but picking things from racks have no value. It's been driving me crazy too.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
The only use for weapon racks is that the weapons scale to your present level. This means you can pick them up, improve, enchant them etc. while leveling. Cheaper than repairing, etc.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

my current best result for money making (it is a secret to everyone) has been to go down to the docks of davon's watch and clean out those two boats,
the right side one has minimal watchers so even the bumbliest bumbler could haul a bunch of trinkets out of the boxes with ease.
I just go there looking in crates for the 30 gold treasures to fence.

Does anyone know a better place to find higher value treasures? Or is it linked to my level?

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 18, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Zombie Defiler posted:

my current best result for money making (it is a secret to everyone) has been to go down to the docks of davon's watch and clean out those two boats,
the right side one has minimal watchers so even the bumbliest bumbler could haul a bunch of trinkets out of the boxes with ease.
I just go there looking in crates for the 30 gold treasures to fence.

Does anyone know a better place to find higher value treasures? Or is it linked to my level?

Stuff you steal like white gear is going to be scaled to your level, and item level increases value of gear. Stuff like the named items that are only for selling to fences, that has its own price chart by rarity but it isn't level dependent. Pickpocketing and safe cracking is always going to bring in more gold at higher risk.

For all prospective thieves this website may come in handy as it will point out where lockboxes spawn, general area guards patrol, and stuff: http://roguesfolio.tumblr.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkfoot
Jul 21, 2007
Whoops
Could I get an invite to the PC Ebonheart guild please? name @monkfoot. Character name Emily Haines.

• Locked thread