Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

After ~33 years of buying/receiving lego sets it finally happened, I got a new set that was missing a part.

That's a pretty good run.

(6105963 from La Ferrari, in case anyone's curious)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's not missing, it's right there in front of you, upside down.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

No, it's stuck in the corner of one of the inner bags.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I think you'll find it's actually a dark grey piece, black pieces have white outlines in the manual.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
You'll look for a replacement in your extra stuff and find it in every color but the one you need

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Zodack posted:

You'll look for a replacement in your extra stuff and find it in every color but the one you need

Then you realize you have one of those, but it's in some other MOC and right as you go over to your computer or phone to get in touch with lego you find the thing hidden in the carpet. with your foot.

ether
May 20, 2001

Lizard Combatant posted:

I think you'll find it's actually a dark grey piece, black pieces have white outlines in the manual.

*twitches* This exact thing happens te me each and every time I feel like rebuilding the Technic Grand Prix Racer Formula F1. 4 out of 4 times assembling it I had to swap out darkgrey for black parts (or vice versa, cant remember) in the front suspension. Funny how that works.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

None of you are right! None!

It's a 2x6 sized piece and it's a new part type so it's super unlikely I'd have any spares on hand.

It was listed as out of stock on lego's part replacement page so I suspect a whole ton of these got shipped missing the front bumper. :v:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Mine was fine. And a loving sweet car.

Also if anyone gets that Green Jeep that's current. The Jeep is excellent, the other two builds are lack luster. It is a fantastic spare parts set though.

Edit: just looked through the instructions for the Rainforest animals, looks like the bird poops the pellets too. rad.

Anora fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 17, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah these speed champions builds are really awesome.

I hated them at first, the box art makes them look really lovely. But in person they're really impressive facsimiles. Now if only the McLaren would be in stock.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I was a bit mixed on the speed champions, was originally only going to get the McLaren but ended up ordering all 4 because I wanted to break 75$ for the free shipping. Don't regret it, they're all nice little models. Picked up the Porche 911 set the other week despite not caring a ton for the finish line and podium - the cars are just too nice. :3: Although as tempting as having the whole series is, I think I'll skip the F1 cars.

Hope they do another series of these. I'm not even that big into cars, but there's something really satisfying about these kits.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

When do the next set of sets come out?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Just finished the Detectives Agency and the water tower on top is the cleverest technique I've ever seen in Lego. Now, I'm going to plan to modify the pool hall into a full sized bar.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh. ThEre yOu arE. LeT's bEGin the TesTiNg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OKG0kyam14

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I will never see that in stores...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
To sweeten the pot, have some gameplay from IGN, and some cagey answers from Lego.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/17/lego-dimensions-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just an interest check and I'm still deciding if I'm going to do this, but would anyone be interested in buying a big lot of newer Lego Star Wars stuff? I sort of went nutty and buried myself in them and now I just moved and I'm broke so I'm thinking about getting rid of everything except the UCS stuff. I hate selling stuff on Ebay.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Just an interest check and I'm still deciding if I'm going to do this, but would anyone be interested in buying a big lot of newer Lego Star Wars stuff? I sort of went nutty and buried myself in them and now I just moved and I'm broke so I'm thinking about getting rid of everything except the UCS stuff. I hate selling stuff on Ebay.

What sort of stuff are we talking about?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Basically everything OT related in the most recent line+ the At-DP (not the ones that were just released and I don't have the Star Destroyer) and a handful of stuff from the last few years that is discontinued. I can make a proper list if you want. There's a few I'm just still deciding if I want to part with. All in all about 16 sets.

If I end up doing this I'll knock a fair chunk off the sticker/ebay price for someone buying it in bulk.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

The_Doctor posted:

Oh. ThEre yOu arE. LeT's bEGin the TesTiNg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OKG0kyam14

Ugggggh, I want it so baaaad

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The new Humble Book Bundle currently includes 4 Lego books: Lego Adventure Book Volume 2, The Art of Lego Design, The Unofficial Lego Technic Builder's Guide, and The Lego Mindstorms EV3 Discovery Book, if you spend at least $17. Considering the Kindle version of just the Mindstorms book is $17...

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Picked myself up the UCS Slave I today for my birthday and put it together after about four hours.

I am so thoroughly impressed with the set. Building it was a blast and displaying it is even better. I'm so glad I decided to get back into LEGO (Thank you Marvel sets).

I wish some of the old UCS stuff was still available. I'm tempted to buy the UCS Obi-Wan Starfighter just because it seems like a nicely-sized build and looks really sleek.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

NESguerilla posted:

Basically everything OT related in the most recent line+ the At-DP (not the ones that were just released and I don't have the Star Destroyer) and a handful of stuff from the last few years that is discontinued. I can make a proper list if you want. There's a few I'm just still deciding if I want to part with. All in all about 16 sets.

If I end up doing this I'll knock a fair chunk off the sticker/ebay price for someone buying it in bulk.

USA based I'm assuming? Postage to the UK would probably be horrendous...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

What are some of the older sets you have? I'm pretty sure I have all the current OT stuff that I want so I can't help there.

Zodack posted:

Picked myself up the UCS Slave I today for my birthday and put it together after about four hours.

I am so thoroughly impressed with the set. Building it was a blast and displaying it is even better. I'm so glad I decided to get back into LEGO (Thank you Marvel sets).

I wish some of the old UCS stuff was still available. I'm tempted to buy the UCS Obi-Wan Starfighter just because it seems like a nicely-sized build and looks really sleek.

I'm getting really tempted to get one of those. Initially I figured I'd pass on it entirely because the Slave I isn't a favourite of mine - the original lego Slave I and Jango's Slave I never looked that great on a shelf, but the stand really helps the UCS Slave I.

The Jedi Fighter is easily one of my favourite ships - I wish I could get my hands on a UCS but I doubt I could justify paying whatever markup. There's a guy on SA (the posts in this thread) that is selling UCS B-Wings though.

I ordered myself the UCS X-Wing earlier this week - it's apparently being delivered today which came as a huge surprise because TRU estimated late next week for delivery. Unfortunately I'll probably miss delivery and have to pick it up from the post officer tomorrow but at least I'll have it for the weekend. Gonna be my first UCS since the UCS Interceptor way back when.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Oxyclean posted:

I'm getting really tempted to get one of those. Initially I figured I'd pass on it entirely because the Slave I isn't a favourite of mine - the original lego Slave I and Jango's Slave I never looked that great on a shelf, but the stand really helps the UCS Slave I.

The new USC version looks great off the stand too (maybe even better) since they finally managed to capture that slight angle of the nose.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The Birds Set is beautiful, I would highly recommend it. My mom has a bird feeder in her backyard and likes to watch all the local birds feed in the early morning. I picked up a set and she and I spent a while putting it together while occasionally looking up and checking out the bird feeder.

The birds looks really nice, with my favorite one being the Hummingbird. They're fairly sturdy too, I wasn't expecting them to be so dense and heavy. As usual for Idea sets, the instruction is very classy with lots of interesting tidbits about the species.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

The Jedi Fighter is easily one of my favourite ships - I wish I could get my hands on a UCS but I doubt I could justify paying whatever markup. There's a guy on SA (the posts in this thread) that is selling UCS B-Wings though.

The UCS Jedi Starfighter was MSRP $99.99 and I think you can just get them on BrickLink for $120 sealed. I would have to double check. Do you know what he's asking for the B-Wings? I'm not a huge fan of the ship but it's a sweet UCS model.

Oxyclean posted:

Initially I figured I'd pass on it entirely because the Slave I isn't a favourite of mine - the original lego Slave I and Jango's Slave I never looked that great on a shelf, but the stand really helps the UCS Slave I.

If you'd like I can take a picture of the UCS side-by-side with the old Slave I (iirc it's the one in-between the original set and the latest one - the Boba figure it came with is the unprinted version of the Cloud City Boba). They're more or less incomparable, the UCS is about two and a half times larger, at least twice as deep, more colors, etc. The old one shoots a little rocket out of the front though.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 18, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zodack posted:

The UCS Jedi Starfighter was MSRP $99.99 and I think you can just get them on BrickLink for $120 sealed. I would have to double check. Do you know what he's asking for the B-Wings? I'm not a huge fan of the ship but it's a sweet UCS model.

Oh dear, I'm going to fall down another Lego hole, aren't I?

As for the B-Wing

Captain Invictus posted:

I am asking $240 shipped each. I have 5 of them left.

Zodack posted:

If you'd like I can take a picture of the UCS side-by-side with the old Slave I (iirc it's the one in-between the original set and the latest one - the Boba figure it came with is the unprinted version of the Cloud City Boba). They're more or less incomparable, the UCS is about two and a half times larger, at least twice as deep, more colors, etc. The old one shoots a little rocket out of the front though.

Nah, I'm pretty sold on it from the reviews and screenshots I've seen. I just find the Slave I doesn't look good sitting flat and finding out the UCS has a stand made a world of difference.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sold on it from the reviews and screenshots I've seen. I just find the Slave I doesn't look good sitting flat and finding out the UCS has a stand made a world of difference.

As for the UCS sitting flat, the angles are very well done so it looks movie-accurate. I think Jang does a 360-view of it sitting down on its spacers (it sort of "floats" when on its back) but even the stand has it at a "flying" angle so it isn't straight-on. The stand is also really nice, although the choice of the info plate being directly below the Slave I is kind of strange because it obscures it. But whatever, you display the set for the set, not the little plaque.

Also, I checked on BrickLink and there's a sealed UCS Jedi Starfighter from Canada for exactly $120, so memory did serve me correctly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Here's a list of that LSW lot I'm going to sell for those who were interested. Everything is the most recent version. Minifigs total about 60 in all.

Jabbas Palace
Rancor pit
Mos Eisley Spaceport
Tie Advanced (only comes with tie pilot not eh other 2 figures)
B-Wing
Death Star troopers
AT-DP
AT-AT (missing a small armor panel from the bottom could be replaced for a dollar or 2 on bricklink or with your own spare parts)
Snowspeeder
T-16 Skyhopper
Droid escape
Endor battlepack (missing instructions)
X-Wing ( I might still keep this not sure yet)

+a couple of random LSW minifigures I bought al a carte.

I'll make a SA mart thread unless someone wants it. I'd really prefer to get rid of everything in one lot and I'll knock a good chunk off the sticker price in return.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 19, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oxyclean posted:

As for the B-Wing
I've actually sold another one, so there's four left. If there's folks who'd prefer just the set in the sealed bags and don't need the box, two of the ones I ordered got a hole kicked in them/mushed in transit, so I can ship just the sealed bags + instructions for like 200 shipped or so instead of 240 if anyone'd like.

If so, check my SA-Mart thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699976

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 19, 2015

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

NESguerilla posted:

Mos Eisley Spaceport

I'm assuming this is the Cantina set yeah?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Are there any current sets that come with a metal grid texture sticker? They used to be in City sets all the time.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

A reminder for goons in and around Chicago: Brickworld is this weekend at the Renaissance hotel in Schaumburg. Public days are Saturday and Sunday. More ridiculous poo poo than you can shake a 1x8 beam at.

I'm sure I'll have some pictures on Monday/Tuesday, but it's a lot more fun to go yourself.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

A reminder for goons in and around Chicago: Brickworld is this weekend at the Renaissance hotel in Schaumburg. Public days are Saturday and Sunday. More ridiculous poo poo than you can shake a 1x8 beam at.

I'm sure I'll have some pictures on Monday/Tuesday, but it's a lot more fun to go yourself.

Man, it's a good weekend for jorts in Chicagoland. Out in St. Charles at the Pheasant Run, there's the big Transformers convention, TFCon.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

I'm assuming this is the Cantina set yeah?

yup.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
So I need to spend $50 on ebay tonight. any suggestions?

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

Hot dog suit mini figures clearly

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Are there any sites with building instructions for cool engineering stuff, like an engine, with lego technic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Boz0r posted:

Are there any sites with building instructions for cool engineering stuff, like an engine, with lego technic?

There's some books for sure. Not sure of the titles right now