Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
At least then it's not getting returned to the shelf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

They could at least have the decency to place their latest snapped off Funko Legacy limb in the box.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Shawn posted:

At least then it's not getting returned to the shelf

I took these two up to the customer service desk, so hopefully they won't just get put back on the pegs.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I worked at Toys R Us when the Xbox360 came out someone pried the back off, taped it inside, then filled the box with Gatorade bottles filled with water. The front desk took the return.

gregday
May 23, 2003

After many years I finally have an actual screen used piece from Batman Begins! I acquired the Wayne Enterprises data plate that was affixed to the equipment case that held the utility belt and grapple gun.

I have papers to prove it's authenticity, and while it looks great mounted on my Pelican case, this only motivates me more to build an accurate case (the screen used cases were all custom).

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, when are you going to actually start fighting crime? We know what you are up to.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar
Next, the air duct system..

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Any goons going to SDCC that wouldn't mind standing in the shortest exclusive line (Tamashii) and getting a Goku? :v:

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

So I just got into collecting and got a spider man as one of my first purchases. He didnt come with any web so I thought I would take a stab at making some plus a bonus backpack.

Thought you guys might like to check it out.

http://imgur.com/a/VHm5A

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those look way better than the webs that came with my super expensive Hot Toys Spidey.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TouchToneDialing posted:

So I just got into collecting and got a spider man as one of my first purchases. He didnt come with any web so I thought I would take a stab at making some plus a bonus backpack.

That is some seriously spectacular work. Amazing even.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

TouchToneDialing posted:

Very VERY nice work on these, TTD.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Egh,

In interest of content, have you guys seen this yet?

Cricken_Nigfops fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 17, 2015

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Egh,

I kinda want this, but it'll really depend of the price.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Isn't that just the Mk.I with a bunch of extra poo poo taped onto it?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

If it's anything like the other ReEdit pricing, $180+

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

The Diddler posted:

I kinda want this, but it'll really depend of the price.

I love my Extremis Iron Man, and I was seriously thinking about getting the rest of the RE:Edit series, but preorders for this figure are a little bit over $200 bucks. It's something like $70-80 USD pricier than the rest of the figures.

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Isn't that just the Mk.I with a bunch of extra poo poo taped onto it?

Yes, but Sentinel is making redesigned armors based on comics, they are not trying to be movie accurate like almost everyone else, and that's a plus to me.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Personally, I like it but not 200 bucks like it. That's how much I have in pre-orders for the rest of the YEAR.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TouchToneDialing posted:

That's really awesome. I love that you sculpted the fine details on there. Most of the custom web I've seen has just been twist ties, but you added a whole new dimension.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I don't know if you guys are into diecast figures much, but Bandai just dropped a bombshell of a reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbIh1VcUdf8

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

TaurusOxford posted:

I don't know if you guys are into diecast figures much, but Bandai just dropped a bombshell of a reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbIh1VcUdf8

On the one hand, $500 is a lot to spend. On the other hand, DEAR GOD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The extra bulk on that War Machine is nice, it makes him look different than just a silver Iron Man.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
For those of you into these guys:

Comicon Exclusive

:aaa:

December 2015

January 2016

:3:

:aaaaa:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar
Dang I would've killed to have those when I was 12.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SH Figurearts is the greatest company.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That super saiyan god saiyan Vegeta is pretty tits

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

NotAnArtist posted:

That super saiyan god saiyan Vegeta is pretty tits

Is that the blue haired thing? What the heck happened to DBZ, I thought it ended in like 1998.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Travis343 posted:

Is that the blue haired thing? What the heck happened to DBZ, I thought it ended in like 1998.

Being revived...kicking and screaming. Turns out Frieza wasn't really trying when he first fought Goku and now Goku has to become Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to win.

No i'm not joking.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TaurusOxford posted:

Being revived...kicking and screaming. Turns out Frieza wasn't really trying when he first fought Goku and now Goku has to become Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to win.

No i'm not joking.

It owns. Seriously. All the reviews of the new material (written by the series creator!) have been extremely positive. There's a new series premiering next month to complement the two feature films.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Just keep adding on new titles and boom, new show

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know any good shops online to find clothes for 1/6th scale figures?

Looking for a black suit, creme tie and light blue shirt and not having much luck tracking down a combo on ebay.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Egh,

I pre-ordered mine from HLJ. 170 before shipping. It's the closest thing we'll get to another good IM2 War Machine outside of paying $500 for a Hot Toys.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I keep on reading that as REDDIT WAR MACHINE. I don't know what all that entails, but I really like the idea of them marketing a War Machine figure directly to Redditors.

Seems like everyone is revealing their SDCC exclusives over the past couple of weeks. Outside of the Dr Strange Marvel Legends set, they are also producing an Antman set (featuring figures ranging from 12 inch to minis), an Ultron's throne lego set, and a tiny Antman figure that fits into a matchbook.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar
Saw the whole Ant Man Lengeds wave at TRU here in Eugene, Oregon. I picked up Ant-Man since he was the only one I wanted but the rest looked fantastic, I just don't care about those characters.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Louisgod posted:

Saw the whole Ant Man Lengeds wave at TRU here in Eugene, Oregon. I picked up Ant-Man since he was the only one I wanted but the rest looked fantastic, I just don't care about those characters.

Showed up on salem too.

Wasp is special.

I saw the funko Rocketeer too. It's awful and it made me sad.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 19, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Wasps have eyes on the side of their head, I see no problem here.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I will soon be driving through Eugene but I'm not brave enough to dodge the smelly hippies to check for toys

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar
Your loss bro, the Eugene TRU is a bastion of rare goods.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
loving yes, they're doing Beerus and Jaco! And re-releasing Vegeta and Trunks!

We just need Fat Buu, Kid Buu, Mr. Satan and some original Dragon Ball characters and my DBZ figuart collection will be pretty much done.

Also, I saw the Jurassic World toys in Target, and hoo boy do they suck. You know what they really need to do? S.H. Monsterarts Jurassic Park. I mean, I pretty much have all the Heisei Godzilla kaiju now. Give me movie accurate articulated dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just discovered there are a shitton of knockoff hot toys for pretty cheap on Aliexpress.com in case you are looking for a hulk or a groot.

The hulk isn't as poseable as the hot toys one, obviously, but it's also like 40-60$ as well.

Worth taking a peek if you just want a giant hulk to hang around the background and don't wanna try to pose him in a unique way.