Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

dreffen posted:

Might I suggest the World of Warcraft?

the noted non casual and hardcore mmo online game world of warcraft

maybe fadam would find his fortune there ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Assize is 400 potency on a 90 second cooldown
Aero 3 and Stone 3 are both AoE (I think) and will probably match the damage output of current/old holy, minus the stun

calm down you spergs

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/charmwitch/status/611279482704375808

White Mages crying and cheering at the same time.

As soon as I saw Holy on the list of WHM abilities getting ~adjustments~ in the patch notes, I knew this was coming. Wasn't expecting it to be this bad though. :negative:

Still, Assize is looking pretty nice and we've got Aero 3 on the tappy. I just hope that the rest of the adjustments to the old WHM abilities aren't as drastic.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Minrad posted:

Assize is 400 potency on a 90 second cooldown
Aero 3 and Stone 3 are both AoE (I think) and will probably match the damage output of current/old holy, minus the stun

calm down you spergs

Aero 3: AOE 50 potency and 24 seconds of 40 potency dot

Calm the gently caress down (not at you Minrad others)

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
Not to be that guy but while WHM is getting a hefty bucket of AoE to soothe their holy nerfs, BLM to our knowledge is getting jack poo poo for AoEs.

Sharpcast, ley lines, enochian are all buffs. Fire/blizzard 4 have been confirmed single target? Or at least that's what the Purostrider thread seems to think. If they are single target, SMN is looking like the new AoE king with Tri-Disaster/Bane and Painflare spam leading to Deathflare. None of which have diminishing potency returns.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
I too am an idiot that complains about everything only knowing the slightest details about it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Stormgale posted:

Aero 3: AOE 50 potency and 24 seconds of 40 potency dot

Calm the gently caress down (not at you Minrad others)

holy gently caress that's gonna be so good with presence of mind and the spell speed change :stare:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

petcarcharodon posted:

I too am an idiot that complains about everything only knowing the slightest details about it.

I'm so mad that AST is going to outclass both WHM and SCH that I'm just going to not play at all ever literally

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It looks like those tweets got taken down (or I can't access them or something), what are the nerfs?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

LFM Ravana Extreme, need 2 DRK 2 AST 1 MCH... NO nerfed old jobs, new jobs only..

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so what gives with those 2 endgame zones that we aren't even allowed to know the name of

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

It looks like those tweets got taken down (or I can't access them or something), what are the nerfs?

It's also unaspected damage, so it won't get buffed by Foe's anymore.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Hrm... I wonder how long it will take to get the new jobs from 30 to 50 if you just chained dungeon runs with that 100% armory bonus. Shouldn't be hard to get some Goon groups together for just like multiple straight hours of chain dungeons.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I sure hope those summoners know their damage isn't affected by Foes....

Oh wait...

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Belzac posted:

I sure hope those summoners know their damage isn't affected by Foes....

Oh wait...

oh it just works for all magic damage? I don't actually know jack poo poo about foe's, just that it should always be up :shrug:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Minrad posted:

lollin

lock the thread till thursday live letter

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Any tooltip that says "spell" under the name is magic and therefore effected by magicy things. Get hosed Oaths.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I'm not particularly broken-hearted about the Holy change since there's a couple more toys to play with in exchange, I'm just surprised by how robust the nerf to it and Flare was.

That said, I really do hope that HW designs dungeons around trash being somewhat less mind-numbing.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Maybe it will be less mind numbing now that you have to push more buttons.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

unaspected means non-elemental. the elemental = magic damage confusion came from the fact that foe requiem's original tool tip was retarded and somehow people are still getting that poo poo mixed up

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mordiceius posted:

Hrm... I wonder how long it will take to get the new jobs from 30 to 50 if you just chained dungeon runs with that 100% armory bonus. Shouldn't be hard to get some Goon groups together for just like multiple straight hours of chain dungeons.

I was thinking the turbo-leves might be the fastest if you had someone to babysit you. Who knows though

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Vahalla posted:

Not to be that guy but while WHM is getting a hefty bucket of AoE to soothe their holy nerfs, BLM to our knowledge is getting jack poo poo for AoEs.

Sharpcast, ley lines, enochian are all buffs. Fire/blizzard 4 have been confirmed single target? Or at least that's what the Purostrider thread seems to think. If they are single target, SMN is looking like the new AoE king with Tri-Disaster/Bane and Painflare spam leading to Deathflare. None of which have diminishing potency returns.

On the other hand, you do already have another AoE spell (Fire II) that generally has gone underused and will now have a point other than "If I flare as often as possible there's a 1 GCD gap waiting for Transpose to come up so I might as well Fire II once"

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Fire II is also most likely getting a potency increase. It's under changes with Fire I on preliminaries and Fire I is confirmed to be getting a 10 potency increase (Which is very large considering thats 10 potency base, not factoring in Astral)

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
The tooltip on twitter showed Fire II being identical so either the patch note is incorrect or e3 is an older build. I'd believe either.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Minrad posted:

holy poo poo is it August 2013 again

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but we're the top four FC's on the server right now.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ranking/fc/weekly/?filter=1&worldname=Excalibur

drat Cuties, how'd you do that?
edit: VVV That'll do it I suppose.

Hit or miss Clitoris fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 18, 2015

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but we're the top four FC's on the server right now.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ranking/fc/weekly/?filter=1&worldname=Excalibur

One person spending 50 hours a week turning in crafting materials.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

edit: VVV That'll do it I suppose.

Only takes like 2 mornings of crafting macros and abusing the solo player bonus.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Does rank accomplish anything?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

holy poo poo is it August 2013 again

cure can't crit

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Gods, she really knows how to rub it in doesn't she.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

nuru posted:

Does rank accomplish anything?

gets you a lot of attention if you're a 4 person guild apparently

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
Setting up my subscription, it says a recruitment code may be redeemed using this account. So looks like I get a recruitment code from one of you fine goons and you get goodies?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

It's kind of telling to me that the numbers are that low server wide, everyone has gone :effort: this week except for members of cuties this week.

During active times the scores are usually 2 to 3 times that.

Still impressive on their part considering their headcount.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

SiliconX posted:

Setting up my subscription, it says a recruitment code may be redeemed using this account. So looks like I get a recruitment code from one of you fine goons and you get goodies?

I haven't gotten an email stating this is claimed so here you go: 4GECG6JU

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

GB_Sign posted:

I haven't gotten an email stating this is claimed so here you go: 4GECG6JU

It worked like a charm. I guess you get a fancy Chocobo since I subbed for 90 days. Enjoy!

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Oh, if anybody else needs a recruitment code I've got an unclaimed one as well: 8E98W8ZN

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I grabbed the screens from a 4chan thread and put them in an imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/0gQkO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Hmm, no screens of Aero, Aero 2, Stone, Stone 2, Stoneskin, Stoneskin 2, and PoM. I shoulda seen the flare and holy stuff coming. It's not that bad though! For white mages. That's still a lot of damage and there's other ways to do it. For black mages though... hmm. I think that hurts you guys bad.

• Locked thread