Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I just enlisted as a CMT. Did I make a mistake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Stairmaster posted:

C....TM?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Stairmaster posted:

You enlisted

So yeah

Yeah you did, bud

He's going to be the Intel guy that watches Country Music videos all day looking for ISIS threats hidden by Toby Keith

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Dudes always get the order backwards. Come here and ask before you make awful decisions.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Booblord Zagats posted:

He's going to be the Intel guy that watches Country Music videos all day looking for ISIS threats hidden by Toby Keith

All the CTMs I knew just did the Country Music part.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

You fuckers messed up my meds when you carved a hemorrhoid out of my rear end and I got sent back to the barracks nothing for the pain.

Motrin my rear end.

You act as if no one warned you about the possibility of getting hosed by the big blue weenie.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pandasmores posted:

You act as if no one warned you about the possibility of getting hosed by the big blue weenie.

I expected lube is all I'm saying.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

I expected lube is all I'm saying.

you think the navy has money for lube when they're trying to re-do uniforms??

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Null Integer posted:

!
I can't assume anything else other than he read "Psycho Pharmaceuticals" before saying no and moving on to his next email which makes this frustrating. Clearance is well and maintained, I've even discussed it with with the security officer prior to DQ and they had no issues with the meds and clearance. I've been off the meds for over a month now with no side effects.

So my friend said that MANMED ch 15 would cover these kind of things but it's not usually a specific medicine but rather what is causing the medicine to be prescribed. There are some potential pretty nasty potential side effects but seeing as you aren't even on the med anymore my friend was pretty mystified. You need to find a trusty, knowledgeable NC and see if they can give you the references. Is the medical condition a permanent one?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Pandasmores posted:

Still trying to figure out why HMs like to give rectal exams when you have the flu or a cold.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Seqenenra posted:

Still trying to figure out why HMs like to give rectal exams when you have the flu or a cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-zf2UBp7fY

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Seqenenra posted:

Well ideally though, ideally, you gotta be as thorough as possible. If they don't put a warm towel on your balls they're just being rude.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
At least you guys are thorough.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

vulturesrow posted:

So my friend said that MANMED ch 15 would cover these kind of things but it's not usually a specific medicine but rather what is causing the medicine to be prescribed. There are some potential pretty nasty potential side effects but seeing as you aren't even on the med anymore my friend was pretty mystified. You need to find a trusty, knowledgeable NC and see if they can give you the references. Is the medical condition a permanent one?

Not permanent, it held me over until I made some lifestyle changes(diet) so I have no need for it ever again. Me and my CCC(Backed up a NCCM) combed MANMED CH 15 with a fine tooth comb and couldn't get anything even remotely related to come up. It's pretty much going to be generate a bunch of documents from medical, throw them in the package and if it's denied again let them explain it with proof, references, examples before NCCM puts on his fighting gloves.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pac Fleet getting a new master chief

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaa

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Idgi?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
http://i.imgur.com/hbhAAAL.gifv

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

No idea either, dude. Maybe it's because she looks like female Gary Busey?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

:yikes:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I would launch poo poo off that EMALS all day if I could.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Best job in the navy right there!

shipwrecks
Dec 31, 2008

After three years in Lemoore I am finally getting to escape to Whidbey Island. I'll gladly take being out in the middle of nowhere in the PNW over being out in the middle of nowhere during 115 degree summers surrounded by cow poo poo. Christ.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
does the navy have any instruction on the use of hemp products?
like those hemp seed drinks/cbd oil for cooking/vaping etc

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
http://youtu.be/sbjHOBJzhb0

This covers just about all Navy policy towards hemp and related plants.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

does the navy have any instruction on the use of hemp products?
like those hemp seed drinks/cbd oil for cooking/vaping etc

I don't understand this question

Edit: you mean like a local base instruction more stringently stating not to do drugs?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I don't understand this question

Edit: you mean like a local base instruction more stringently stating not to do drugs?

like, the army came out a while ago saying soldiers aren't allowed to consume any hemp products, i.e. hemp seed drinks

wondering if the navy has a similar policy? cause i like these hemp seed drinks and they got hella omega 3 acids. also vape store nearby started to introduce hemp oil vapes instead of nicotine and that seems like a novel way to ween myself off nicotine, doesn't contain THC.

don't want to get busted up for something dumb like that if it's a possibility

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Pretty sure around the time the Army was putting out its dumb policy, the Navy had some message about "Don't care about it, no THC". I'll do some digging.

Looks like nothing in the 5350.4. This hemp related site says we don't have an official policy.

http://hprc-online.org/dietary-supplements/opss/operation-supplement-safety-OPSS/opss-frequently-asked-questions-faqs-1/Hemp%20Products

Just make drat sure you won't pop, and if you do, submit the item for testing and pray. Or avoid the whole ordeal by not overpaying for some hemp shake and getting your omega-3s from a fish oil pill or something. I wouldn't trust the industry to make sure it only creates products out of hemp strains and not high THC strains.

Why smoke it too? Get some other nicotine free vape poo poo or something then go back to smoking a week later because the Navy sucks.
You and your hemp based hippy poo poo should go write a screenplay in a starbucks somewhere.

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 19, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
if you have to stop and ask 'does product x cause problems for any military branch' the answer is always going to be yes.

unfortunately that also includes booze if you get into any trouble related to it

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

shipwrecks posted:

After three years in Lemoore I am finally getting to escape to Whidbey Island. I'll gladly take being out in the middle of nowhere in the PNW over being out in the middle of nowhere during 115 degree summers surrounded by cow poo poo. Christ.

I hate you I hate you I hate you

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Laranzu posted:

Pretty sure around the time the Army was putting out its dumb policy, the Navy had some message about "Don't care about it, no THC". I'll do some digging.

Looks like nothing in the 5350.4. This hemp related site says we don't have an official policy.

http://hprc-online.org/dietary-supplements/opss/operation-supplement-safety-OPSS/opss-frequently-asked-questions-faqs-1/Hemp%20Products

Just make drat sure you won't pop, and if you do, submit the item for testing and pray. Or avoid the whole ordeal by not overpaying for some hemp shake and getting your omega-3s from a fish oil pill or something. I wouldn't trust the industry to make sure it only creates products out of hemp strains and not high THC strains.

Why smoke it too? Get some other nicotine free vape poo poo or something then go back to smoking a week later because the Navy sucks.
You and your hemp based hippy poo poo should go write a screenplay in a starbucks somewhere.
sorry man i'm a californian it's hard not to.

ded posted:

if you have to stop and ask 'does product x cause problems for any military branch' the answer is always going to be yes.

unfortunately that also includes booze if you get into any trouble related to it

i fear that this is very true

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

like, the army came out a while ago saying soldiers aren't allowed to consume any hemp products, i.e. hemp seed drinks

wondering if the navy has a similar policy? cause i like these hemp seed drinks and they got hella omega 3 acids. also vape store nearby started to introduce hemp oil vapes instead of nicotine and that seems like a novel way to ween myself off nicotine, doesn't contain THC.

don't want to get busted up for something dumb like that if it's a possibility

Be careful with that, I've heard horror stories but never knew the guy(if they existed at all, and just aren't made up sea stories for wasting time) but even that would be enough to turn me off from trying. Just not worth it if it does pop because there is no defense in that case, not even the slickest sea lawyers could realistically fight a positive whiz quiz, and that is what makes the program so effective.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Null Integer posted:

Be careful with that, I've heard horror stories but never knew the guy(if they existed at all, and just aren't made up sea stories for wasting time) but even that would be enough to turn me off from trying. Just not worth it if it does pop because there is no defense in that case, not even the slickest sea lawyers could realistically fight a positive whiz quiz, and that is what makes the program so effective.

yeah thats why its really not worth risking it. ciest la vie i guess

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Was CMC for CVN72 while several of us were aboard. She is a gigantic tool.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Was CMC for CVN72 while several of us were aboard. She is a gigantic tool.
A chief who is a gigantic tool? :monocle:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Hey, my favorite uncle was a chief and he was a good guy

The Navy's Army's Special Forces is getting a new name

http://news.yahoo.com/rangers-seals-now-raiders-marines-resurrect-historic-name-084554038.html

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Hey, my favorite uncle was a chief and he was a good guy

The Navy's Army's Special Forces is getting a new name

http://news.yahoo.com/rangers-seals-now-raiders-marines-resurrect-historic-name-084554038.html

The Roiders

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
New USMC infantry chant "There's nothin gayer than bein a Raider"

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mad Dragon posted:

A chief who is a gigantic tool? :monocle:

More so than usual. And I don't mean to use hyperbole here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Great you said chief and alerted poopkitty

• Locked thread