Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

They just released Wolf's Smash outfit

yeah i love project m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I can only hope my idea for a fighter went through. The Vic Viper from Gradius.

I just want to see if they can pull it off.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Well, Hot Marth is already an assist trophy, so most likely Edgy Marth will be next.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That's good. Big guys in armor are really cool.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Give me Banjoe Kazzoie and I'll be content.
Or ice climbers

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

I for one would love to play as "totally-not-Nester" from Pilotwings 64.

Pilotwings is one of a small few platinum-selling Nintendo franchises not to have a character to represent it and Fake Nester, complete with some funky bowling attacks, would be great. I wouldn't be surprised to see that in the future.

I would really love to see them make a Nintendogs character work somehow. Beating up realistic cats and dogs would be really weird but they could put in one of the dog show announcer dudes and have him attack using dogs and cats doing fanciful tricks and it'd be loving incredible and you know it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dizz posted:

Smash 5 will be a dumb fan project that will have lots of characters nobody ever asked for like Knuckles, Tails, anything from Golden sun, 700 pokemon, digimon, gohan.

Lots of people asked for those guys

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I look forward to playing as Cherubi and Cherubimon in Project M

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

anna

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if they add any more fire emblem characters, anna and tiki are probably the two that make the most sense since anna is in like all the games and tiki has been important in both marth's games and lucina's game

they should just do a fire emblem fighting game. get the soul calibur team on that

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The approach so far with Fire Emblem has been to have an assortment of main characters rather than diving into any one game's secondary cast, and I think that is a good approach.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Supercar Gautier posted:

The approach so far with Fire Emblem has been to have an assortment of main characters rather than diving into any one game's secondary cast, and I think that is a good approach.

yeah, i just wish they had gone with some more variety. robin was a really good pick since they can use magic so they're unique, but lucina and roy and ike all just do sword stuff (im cool with ike since his style is so different, and i like lucina and roy but yknow). someone with an axe or spear would have lent some nice variety. or a dragon or one of the other animalistic races or whatever.

there's always smash 5 though, we'll probably have like two new fire emblems to pull from for that one so hopefully there's cool people in them

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kelp Plankton posted:

or a dragon or one of the other animalistic races or whatever.
space animals vs. sword animals

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

A character from #FE might be neat.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Neat for you to jack off to.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They could include the teenager who dances in lingerie, or the other teenager who dances in lingerie.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Supercar Gautier posted:

They could include the teenager who dances in lingerie, or the other teenager who dances in lingerie.

That'd be cool.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

they should just do a fire emblem fighting game. get the soul calibur team on that

you dont know how badly i want this

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Supercar Gautier posted:

Doesn't Fire Emblem have some pre-pubescent girl that's actual a dragon or something in skimpy clothing? Would that work?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

Doesn't Fire Emblem have some pre-pubescent girl that's actual a dragon or something in skimpy clothing? Would that work?

nah

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I love stuff like this. I used to play Stage 1 of Melee's Adventure mode as Luigi (or Mario) and only beat enemies by jumping on them.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SonicRulez posted:

I love stuff like this. I used to play Stage 1 of Melee's Adventure mode as Luigi (or Mario) and only beat enemies by jumping on them.

I like to play Ryu and pretend Smash is a fighting game.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lol

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

No way.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Countblanc posted:

I hope you know God watches all.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Stupid theory time.

Four of the six blank character slates on the Smash Bros. website have been filled with DLC characters. Everyone seems to think that we'll only be getting six characters total because of this, but as I've stated before I think this is shite, though there could be a grain of truth to it: what if those blank spaces are all pre-planned DLC characters, and Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot characters come after?

It was around two and a half months ago that Lucas was announced, and he came partnered with two other characters no one (should've) expected. Going by that pattern there's another three or four months left to drop another bombshell, so it's entirely possible that we could get two more pre-planned surprise characters before the ballot closes - after that, the choices are up to the fans.

The big question is: who could the last two Nintendo-selected characters be? A possibly even bigger question is: how many votes will have been wasted on those characters in the ballot?

My personal opinion: the first spot goes to Isaac, because I find his complete lack of presence in U/3DS after being an Assist Trophy in Brawl to be highly suspect. The second spot is a toss-up between K. Rool and the Ice Climbers, hinging solely on if Nintendo can make the old 3DS stop choking on the latter (so probably K. Rool, as right now I lack better ideas).

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 18, 2015

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The one thing we know for sure is that it's not Wolf.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

SL the Pyro posted:

Stupid theory time.

Four of the six blank character slates on the Smash Bros. website have been filled with DLC characters. Everyone seems to think that we'll only be getting six characters total because of this, but as I've stated before I think this is shite, though there could be a grain of truth to it: what if those blank spaces are all pre-planned DLC characters, and Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot characters come after?

It was around two and a half months ago that Lucas was announced, and he came partnered with two other characters no one (should've) expected. Going by that pattern there's another three or four months left to drop another bombshell, so it's entirely possible that we could get two more pre-planned surprise characters before the ballot closes - after that, the choices are up to the fans.

The big question is: who could the last two Nintendo-selected characters be? A possibly even bigger question is: how many votes will have been wasted on those characters in the ballot?

My personal opinion: the first spot goes to Isaac, because I find his complete lack of presence in U/3DS after being an Assist Trophy in Brawl to be highly suspect. The second spot is a toss-up between K. Rool and the Ice Climbers, hinging solely on if Nintendo can make the old 3DS stop choking on the latter (so probably K. Rool, as right now I lack better ideas).

I know wanting K. Rool is a thing here and all, but why is anyone under the impression Nintendo gives a poo poo? The Kremlings have only appeared in Rare developed games and despite reviving the DKC series they don't even make a cameo appearance. Why does everyone seem to think he's a shoe-in for Smash?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Aston posted:

gently caress you buddy t:mad:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Zonekeeper posted:

I know wanting K. Rool is a thing here and all, but why is anyone under the impression Nintendo gives a poo poo? The Kremlings have only appeared in Rare developed games and despite reviving the DKC series they don't even make a cameo appearance. Why does everyone seem to think he's a shoe-in for Smash?

Like I said, I'm lacking in better choices right now.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Is that done on chalk? It's really neat.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

Is that done on chalk? It's really neat.

Watercolor.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Aston posted:

It's Wolf.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Honestly at this point I think speculating on who is or isn't going to become a smash character is fruitless. There was no way to predict Ryu before his data was slipped in quietly in a patch. Lucas, as his intro card stated, came out of nowhere, and who was really expecting Roy to return? At this point I think we just need to wait and see what Sakurai wows us with.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I sincerely hope that everyone who thinks Wolf is returning to Smash is getting the help they need for their brain problems.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
it's earthworm jim. put money on it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Aston posted:

I sincerely hope that everyone who thinks Wolf is returning to Smash is getting the help they need for their brain problems.

With Mewtwo Lucas and Roy returning, Wolf isn't a stretch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Aston posted:

If they can pull Roy from the bottom of whatever garbage dump he was rotting in and bring him back then our true Space Warrior Wolf is a sure thing

• Locked thread