Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rvm
May 6, 2013
I watched a few eps of old Kindaichi Case Files anime. The first arc was meh, but the second arc is literally a cross between Friday the 13 and And Then There Were None. It's pretty great even though the conclusion seemed a bit rushed. Looking forward to watch more once I have some free time.

Also, watched the first two episodes of True Detective. Not gonna lie, didn't expect one of the protagonist to be a gnostic. Cinematography is great, too. Otherwise, it's pretty unimpressive: its bleakness approaches farcical levels and McConaughey seems to be overacting quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

lol

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

rvm posted:

I watched a few eps of old Kindaichi Case Files anime. The first arc was meh, but the second arc is literally a cross between Friday the 13 and And Then There Were None. It's pretty great even though the conclusion seemed a bit rushed. Looking forward to watch more once I have some free time.

Also, watched the first two episodes of True Detective. Not gonna lie, didn't expect one of the protagonist to be a gnostic. Cinematography is great, too. Otherwise, it's pretty unimpressive: its bleakness approaches farcical levels and McConaughey seems to be overacting quite a bit.

lol

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

my favorite part of true detective was when that hot chick showed her huge titties and rear end

rvm
May 6, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

my favorite part of true detective was when that hot chick showed her huge titties and rear end

HBO got me worried there. More than an hour of runtime without T & A.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ben-To is a very silly show :allears:.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

.jpeg, you should watch K-ON.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Rather, K-ON!

K. Flaps posted:

And the K-On! The Movie.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm interested in K-ON! The College Years but not K-ON! The Next Generation.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
K-ON! College Edition was kind of bad all around I feel.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

K-ON! College Edition was kind of bad all around I feel.

Oh that's a thing? Manga only right?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah they join a club in college with new characters and it just didn't seem as fun, to say nothing of the Azusa band doing whatever.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I remember hearing that Japanese fans were nervous about K-On going into college years, because they worried the girls would either remain completely uninterested in boys and dating, which would be unrealistic, or they would get boyfriends, which would ruin them forever.

How did the manga end up dealing with that?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
They went to an all girls college so they could continue ignoring guys, right?

That's how I kind of remember that playing out anyway.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i haven't actually read it but afaik they see mio with a guy like once, they think its a date and then it turns out its her cousin and not a date

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I'm almost caught up on all the anime I just need to watch BBB and Snafu while I wait for heavensward

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

incoming feels

https://d.maxfile.ro/bplpjgspxs.webm

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Davincie posted:

i haven't actually read it but afaik they see mio with a guy like once, they think its a date and then it turns out its her cousin and not a date

tainted forever. im burning my mio dakimura right now

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dryzen posted:

I'm almost caught up on all the anime I just need to watch BBB and Snafu while I wait for heavensward

The manga-adapted parts of BBB are great, (along with the soundtrack and animation in general) but we're reaching the finale and it's becoming rapidly apparent the anime-exclusive content is going "ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DO NOT STEAL" on us.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The manga-adapted parts of BBB are great, (along with the soundtrack and animation in general) but we're reaching the finale and it's becoming rapidly apparent the anime-exclusive content is going "ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DO NOT STEAL" on us.

that sucks but I'm still going to watch it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I am so angry at the anime for ruining the punchline to Lunge! Launch! Lunch!

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really really like the two extra k-on mangas but i might be a little biased

i wanna see sumire animated though

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dryzen posted:

that sucks but I'm still going to watch it

Oh, it's still well worth your time. Most of the interstitial anime-new bits threaded into the manga stories are fine on their own, it's just now that we've gotten to peek behind the curtain and watch them occur for longer than a minute or two at the tail end of a manga-adapted story it's not looking so hot.

boom boom boom posted:

I am so angry at the anime for ruining the punchline to Lunge! Launch! Lunch!

That is the only part of the anime that's outright annoyed me. They sunk the loving punchline just for a cold opening. And they cut the ending off anyway just to stand around emotionless for ten minutes talking about "Casters" :nallears: (ie; Mages, psychics, etc).

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 18, 2015

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phobophilia posted:

tainted forever. im burning my mio dakimura right now

they see jun and her brother, not mio

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

PotU posted:

they see jun and her brother, not mio

now im mad

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boom boom boom posted:

I remember hearing that Japanese fans were nervous about K-On going into college years, because they worried the girls would either remain completely uninterested in boys and dating, which would be unrealistic, or they would get boyfriends, which would ruin them forever.

How did the manga end up dealing with that?

akira, a new girl in the college manga, was into some guy while in high school and cut her hair short for him because he liked it that way but then he changed his mind. i forgot if shes still into him but it doesnt matter because its akira, who cares. other than that and juns brother in the high school manga theres no guys

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Jun is cool. New Mugi was alright too. The college girls were lame and boring

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am like 2 eps behind on BBB, I did like most of the anime-original stuff up until Black was introduced.

He looks like he sucks a lot and I assume he's the reason for the griping.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
college manga girls arent really all fleshed out (except for second ritsu), but they only appeared in one manga where the focus is still on the main 4 characters, so you cant really expect much there. high school manga focussed on the light music club and only has two new characters so of course they get more time

both are k-on quality and should be read

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

I am like 2 eps behind on BBB, I did like most of the anime-original stuff up until Black was introduced.

They're talking a lot and not doing anything.

The part where Leo and White go to see Twins is still my favorite scene in the show tho so hope springs eternal that the last two episodes won't blow it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Srice posted:

Black's kind of boring, by his buddy's a hoot.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I liked the first bit of Black and Leo hanging out at the diner and bonding over (thinking they're) being lovely brothers to their respective sisters.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh and if you havent seen both k-on live concerts youre a hosed up person. minako kotobuki is an angel

PotU fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 18, 2015

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

They're talking a lot and not doing anything.

The part where Leo and White go to see Twins is still my favorite scene in the show tho so hope springs eternal that the last two episodes won't blow it.

Yeah it's a great scene. White is cool.

At least it's been mostly episodic so if they drop the ball then oh well, it's still worthwhile.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The last page of the last K-ON manga is your favorite girl with her future husband, in the place of his face is a mirror.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The last page of the last K-ON manga is your favorite girl with her future husband, in the place of his face is a mirror.

Sadly, I think Mugi's probably gay.

I mean, good for her, but sad for our marriage prospects.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Sadly, I think Mugi's probably gay.

I mean, good for her, but sad for our marriage prospects.

shes not, it even gets mentioned in the anime when azusa asks her

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I will become a Morman and marry all of the k-on girls

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ritsu is a nationalist no whites sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012