Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

molalla by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Only thing I can say bad about this is that I wish the beige line went straight across the frame instead of going upwards slightly from perspective

ape
Jul 20, 2009

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

amarillo antenna-09113 by S M, on Flickr

pump cage-7834 by S M, on Flickr

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

ansel autisms posted:

Only thing I can say bad about this is that I wish the beige line went straight across the frame instead of going upwards slightly from perspective

Yeah good point. For some reason I find it harder to align verticals properly with a TLR even though you would think it should be easier with the ground glass.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

deaders posted:

Yeah good point. For some reason I find it harder to align verticals properly with a TLR even though you would think it should be easier with the ground glass.

It's mostly because we're looking from a lower vantage point, when using TLRs. It helps a lot if you use the sportsfinder (if you have one).

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
The last of this lot:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Those are great Sped.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

Those are great Sped.

Yeah, really nice.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 18, 2015

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Wafflecopper posted:

Those are great Sped.

Beige posted:

Yeah, really nice.

Glad you like 'em.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

ADM-7977 by S M, on Flickr

ADM-7967 by S M, on Flickr

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Mt Observation, June 2015 by Simon Deadman, on Flickr

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

GW690_Ektar_Haleakala005-Edit-11
by Bud, on Flickr

GW690_Ektar_Haleakala001-Edit-1
by Bud, on Flickr

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

IMG_6357 by s b, on Flickr
IMG_6342 by s b, on Flickr
IMG_6338 by s b, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Clementi by alkanphel, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

Marman1209
Jun 14, 2005
NonSequar got me this account for no damned reason.
Roadtrip

Crazy Horse by Narmmm, on Flickr

Mount Rushmore by Narmmm, on Flickr

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Oh yeah.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Beyond the Mountains by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Wonderful

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

img034
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

LargeHadron fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 24, 2015

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
dojo by Phillip Chicola, on Flickr

Tony Two Bapes fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 22, 2015

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Willkommen by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

do the people working every ask what the gently caress you are doing?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Great photo. Looks a little crooked though it probably isn't. I don't know if cropping out the little bit of road or including more of it would help here. Still, very evocative!

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Pukestain Pal posted:

do the people working every ask what the gently caress you are doing?

"Taking a photo :)"

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

MrBlandAverage posted:

"Taking a photo :)"

Well, I mean...obviously. I was just curious if people ever asked you. Most people probably think it's pretty odd you are taking a long exposure of a gas station.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Pukestain Pal posted:

Well, I mean...obviously. I was just curious if people ever asked you. Most people probably think it's pretty odd you are taking a long exposure of a gas station.

Yes, and that's my answer, and that's usually as far as the conversation goes.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

This is rad.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

Pukestain Pal posted:

I'm actually interested if anyone else has had a run in with anyone over the images they have made. While not gas stations, I have had a couple of awkward conversations with the locals here, especially since I tend to take photos of the neighborhoods and communities around my area. Had a particularly heated conversation with a man over this image:

Untitled by Dev Luns, on Flickr

He came out and threatened immediately to call the police and was hollering to hell and back about how I didn't have the right to take a photo of his property. Had to tell him that I have been documenting the area for a while and showed some other images of the neighborhood so he could get an idea of the project I was working on and so he could see that I didn't mean anything out of disrespect or malice. Situations like that occur often here, at least for me, it doesn't help that I live in the south where the whole "This is my property, what are you doing on it?" :bahgawd: mindset is very real.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

pootiebigwang posted:

He came out and threatened immediately to call the police and was hollering to hell and back about how I didn't have the right to take a photo of his property. Had to tell him that I have been documenting the area for a while and showed some other images of the neighborhood so he could get an idea of the project I was working on and so he could see that I didn't mean anything out of disrespect or malice. Situations like that occur often here, at least for me, it doesn't help that I live in the south where the whole "This is my property, what are you doing on it?" :bahgawd: mindset is very real.

As long as you are shooting from public property, you are good to go.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Someone threatened to beat the poo poo out of me if I pointed my camera in his direction once. It was a public downtown area. :downs:

I just leaned up against a pole until him and his friends were out of sight. Even though I'd be in my rights to take a picture of whatever I want, rights don't prevent broken bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TonySnow
Mar 24, 2008
Copper River, AK

IMG_0365-Edit-Edit.jpg