Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

GutBomb posted:

So it's okay to judge people for past behavior when they are white and wear racist badges and have a confederate license plate, but it's not okay to judge people for past behavior when there are pictures of them doing gang signs etc...

Just to clarify I'm saying both kinds of judgement are wrong.

If you want Fox News to not judge people based on sparse information about their past, it's probably best to not do it ourselves.

This isn't judging someone for past behavior as much as it is gathering evidence of intent. It's akin to that guy who murdered those two NYC cops back in December posting his intention to kill cops and pictures of the gun he used to do so on Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I guess the easier way to say it is: I can find you millions of kids who twist their fingers in fb pictures and listen to rap who aren't harboring secret cop killing fantasies, whereas Im not so sure I could find a lot of kids who wear very specific Apartheid flags on their jackets who don't harbor anti-black sentiments.

Edit: also there are crimes committed everyday by rap fans with "gang sign" pictures in their profiles where its never mentioned. Because its only relevant when people want it to be.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 18, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"gang signs"* and rap music have no direct correlation to what black kids like tamir rice and mike brown are accused of. Apartheid and confederate battle flags have a very direct connection to actual racist violence.

If they found a" gently caress the police" license plate on mike browns car and a picture of him with Malcolm X on the back of a denim vest or something, they would have a point.

*especially as defined by Fox news.

*ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vmQrTi3aM

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gutbomb's head is forever on the swivel for youths doing gangster rap poses with malicious intent

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MaxxBot posted:

You're directly comparing pictures of someone displaying rabid racism to someone's fashion choices, do you realize how ridiculous that is? Flipping off the camera? Really? I guess that means like half of all teens of any race with an instagram account are murderers.
Badges and a license plate are literally fashion choices.

Nowhere did I say Trayvon or Michael brown were dangerous or murderers based on those pictures. I said they are percieved by some people as dangerous or murderers based on those pictures.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

This isn't judging someone for past behavior as much as it is gathering evidence of intent. It's akin to that guy who murdered those two NYC cops back in December posting his intention to kill cops and pictures of the gun he used to do so on Facebook.

Understood. The racists who defend zimmerman see non-existent intent in the photos of Trayvon Martin too. I'm not saying the intent doesn't exist in this case, but they are just as convinced of the intentin that case as we are in this one.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i perceive you to be stupid

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

paranoid randroid posted:

i perceive you to be stupid

Congratulations then. Enjoy your politics as team sport.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

GutBomb posted:

Nowhere did I say Trayvon or Michael brown were dangerous or murderers based on those pictures. I said they are percieved by some people as dangerous or murderers based on those pictures.

I'd perceive him as dangerous or a murderer for stating that he killed those people because they were black. But then again :shrug:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i mean when you think about it, twisting up your fingers is basically equivalent to a 1488 tattoo

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

GutBomb posted:

Fashion choices for racists in this case. Are you really this dense, or is this some kind of schtick?

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

GutBomb posted:

No, I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with you being an unbelievable idiot.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

I like how he's equivocating a mass murderer and a homicide victim.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

GutBomb posted:

Those two things are radically different as has been explained several times, it's not team sport politics. Trying to say that pointing out a racist murderer has very specific racist iconography (who the hell casually wears Apartheid South African emblems?) in photographs is the same as a media campaign of creating an impression that a black murder victim is actually the real aggressor based on gang signs or looking mad at the camera is preposterous.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Spun Dog posted:

Fashion choices for racists in this case. Are you really this dense, or is this some kind of schtick?

Im not buying it, nobody is that dense.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GutBomb posted:

cool ill be over here on the team that wears helmets and doesnt fill the water cooler with paint

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

A Bad King posted:

Just so that everybody remembers, Carly Fiorina was only the third worst CEO of HP's corporate history.

Carly was responsible for eating Compaq and killing "only" 18,000 jobs, while earning a mere 3 billion in profit on top of 84 billion in revenue, how the gently caress do you only earn 3 bil on 84 bil?! She tried to kill HP's high-margin printers business for the low-margin PC and consumer digital electronics market -- which earned half a penny to every dollar.

HP performed 57% below S&P market. That's sad.

Regardless who wants a Business! blowhard who runs companies like a person fief with zero consideration for shareholder value running the country :v:

revenue should be funding reinvestment in the business. HP is a huge company and it spends a poo poo ton of money. R&D, payroll, land, machinery, etc etc. too much profit in a huge company means something is wrong and things will be going tits up in the near future.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

sudo rm -rf posted:

The truth must be somewhere in the middle.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

paranoid randroid posted:

i mean when you think about it, twisting up your fingers is basically equivalent to a 1488 tattoo

Wow, way to stigmatize people with 1488 tattoos dude, it's just a fashion choice.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

sudo rm -rf posted:

Homicide victim, but potential future murderer.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

GutBomb posted:

Understood. The racists who defend zimmerman see non-existent intent in the photos of Trayvon Martin too. I'm not saying the intent doesn't exist in this case, but they are just as convinced of the intentin that case as we are in this one.

I'm pretty sure this kid did something other than wear a badge or put a plate on his car to make us think he has racist murderous intent. We aren't trying to read the mind of a corpse, we're trying to read the mind of someone being widely reported as responsible for 9 deaths with witnesses quoted as saying "youre raping our women".

Extremely different situations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
People trolled through trayvon and mike browns FB profiles to prop up hypothetical situations and assassinate their character.

Right now people are doing it to understand an ACTUAL situation and the kid already took care of the character part.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

So would a tattoo of "I hate niggers, 666" be considered a fashion choice, or just misunderstood?

I mean it's only been like 3 hours since the guy was caught, and I know more of the story is going to come out of the woodwork, but at first glance he really does seem to have some serious racial intent behind the murders.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh great, somebody called in a bomb threat during the prayer vigil at the church where the shootings happened.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/upstate-church-evacuated-during-prayer-vigil-due-to-bomb-threat/33652016

The stupidity of people in my state knows no bounds...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gutbomb, upon being presented with proof that his wife is conducting an affair - "well lets not jump to conclusions. after all, I too am sleeping with a married woman"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

WoodrowSkillson posted:

revenue should be funding reinvestment in the business. HP is a huge company and it spends a poo poo ton of money. R&D, payroll, land, machinery, etc etc. too much profit in a huge company means something is wrong and things will be going tits up in the near future.

Half of those don't affect revenue, at least not directly. Low profitability limits growth since the acquisition of new assets comes from earnings, not expenses.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm really glad that our old apartheid era flag was an ugly piece of poo poo, so there's absolutely no reason to wear it or fly it unless you're a dumb racist.

The new flag is so kickass :vuvu:

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

People trolled through trayvon and mike browns FB profiles to prop up hypothetical situations and assassinate their character.

Right now people are doing it to understand an ACTUAL situation and the kid already took care of the character part.

Yes, but have you considered that both sides.....are the same??

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GutBomb posted:

A lot of criticism of the right wing media has centered around how it's not fair to judge Trayvon Martin based on earlier photos of him. The first thing trotted out with this are old photos of this guy. Same loving thing.

Yes, I assume he's racist because he killed 9 black people at a church. Any criticism of the media releasing the old pictures of Trayvon Martin flipping off a camera with gold teeth ends up sounding like "it's only bad because the other side did it" as soon as "this side" does it with this shitbag.

Edit:And yes to be clear I absolutely am convinced the dude is racist because of the pictures. And I'm sure many people on Zimmerman's side are absolutely convinced that the gold teeth and gang signs are clear and direct evidence that Trayvon Martin was a dangerous criminal that needed to be dealt with.

haha its always great when idiot goons out themselves

"look, if we can look at the guy with rhodesia and confederate stuff and assume he's a racist, why can't we look at the guy with gold teeth making gestures at the camera and assume he's a drug dealing murderer? hypocrites" lmao what a retard

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
hm... this kid has Protocols of the Elders of Zion among his interests... this other kid likes 50 Cent. i think they're about equivalent

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Idk, trotting out old photos of this white kid who was murdered while unarmed and walking home at night with some candy to prove he was on a secret crime spree seems pretty hosed up, you lefitst hypocrites.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't even know why I treated that seriously. You should be judged and have your fb page trolled through if you kill 9 people. You shouldn't have that done if you are killed in suspicious circumstances. End of story.

Its the difference in looking back for signs of why you are a piece of poo poo, and looking back for signs that will let me call you a piece of poo poo. The two arent comparable in any way.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

quote:

@DewsNewz: #DylannRoof 19 of 82 Facebook friends were black, #hatecrime ? @PrisonPlanet @infowars @RealAlexJones @MikaelThalen

Literally ":qq: but he had black friends! :qq:"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Pretty sure they trolled and backed off when the piling started so now we are just arguing at a brick wall.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
nah it's cool, storm roof was just a backwoods white 21 year old with a deep fascination with the history of african decolonialization. there's no way you could read any racial element into it unless you are the real racist

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh he had black friends, well I guess he didn't shoot up a black church and kill 9 people then, thanks twitter

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gravel Gravy posted:

Pretty sure they trolled and backed off when the piling started so now we are just arguing at a brick wall.

i dont think gutbomb was trolling, i think they had a sincere but dumb point that was argued extremely poorly

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
How do they know all his black friends weren't ones of the good ones?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

VitalSigns posted:

Oh he had black friends, well I guess he didn't shoot up a black church and kill 9 people then, thanks twitter

No, no, no, it just means it was okay for him to do it and now we can just move on and forget about this whole thing.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Literally ":qq: but he had black friends! :qq:"
From what I heard, and this may be rumor, all those people were added very recently and don't actually know him. He might have been spamming friend requests to black people. Some hypothesized that this was attempt to stalk them, but no concrete connections have been presented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

:siren:

quote:

@DRUDGE_REPORT: Taking SSRI drugs? http://t.co/NGS6Hv3ZuG

It's amazing watching the spin and obfuscation happen in real time exactly as I envisioned.

"It HAS to be something besides the racism he acted upon but we're all thinking! It just HAS to!"