Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Brony Car posted:

How do you feel about that transfer?

Eh he's a pretty good, solid RB, worth more than the 5 mil I'm hearing but he wouldn't sign a new contract so. He doesn't look like he'll ever be really good tho so not too sad about it, I think he'll be good for them even if it's as backup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mickolution posted:

However, aren't the rules 4 homegrown from the club and 4 from the nation?

I think it's just 8 and it doesn't matter how you get there. I'm not confident in this at all though, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue footed boobie posted:

I think it's just 8 and it doesn't matter how you get there. I'm not confident in this at all though, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought it was you can't have more than 17 foreigns in the 25 man squad?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

blue footed boobie posted:

Maybe that's for the league, but I think for Europe it's 4 and 4, so by fulfilling that one, you fulfil the other. That's how it is in FM, anyway.

EvilHawk posted:

I thought it was you can't have more than 17 foreigns in the 25 man squad?

Yeah, I think you can have fewer home grown players, but would then have to leave some spots empty.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mickolution posted:

I think Pogba would be home grown, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that happening. However, aren't the rules 4 homegrown from the club and 4 from the nation? If so, Sterling, Pogba, Wright and 1 other (Delph is rumoured, but didn't he just sign a new deal? They could just bring in someone on loan like Lampard last season) would be all that would be necessary and then they could add 2 kids to the squad along with Hart and Pozo and they're covered.

Pogba missed it by about 3 months actually.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, I think you can have fewer home grown players, but would then have to leave some spots empty.

Yeah that's right

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Eh he's a pretty good, solid RB, worth more than the 5 mil I'm hearing but he wouldn't sign a new contract so. He doesn't look like he'll ever be really good tho so not too sad about it, I think he'll be good for them even if it's as backup

This is good to hear

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

pik_d posted:

Came here to post this. SAF really hosed up everything to do with Poggy, lmao

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

pik_d posted:

I wasn't sure about that. I googled it before I posted and came across a few articles that say he is and a few that say he isn't. I guess we'll find out if they go after him.

edit: I think De Bruyne counts as homegrown and they've been linked with him. Replace Pogba with him in my post and the point stands.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

A Spanish judge has asked Manchester City and Chelsea to reveal how much they offered for Neymar's signature after accepting a lawsuit alleging fraud with regard to the Brazilian's move to Barcelona in 2013.

Brazilian investment firm DIS, who owned 40 per cent of Neymar's transfer rights at the time of the deal, has filed a claim against Barcelona, Neymar himself, his father, his former club Santos, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu and his predecessor Sandro Rosell.

At the time of Neymar's move, Barcelona claimed they paid 57.1million euros for the forward, but documents later revealed that included a 40million euro signing-on fee for the player.

DIS claims the nature of the deal significantly deflated Neymar's value, and Chelsea and Manchester City - along with Bayern Munich - have been asked to declare the extent of their offers to see if Barcelona underpaid.

I think its clear now that legally Neymar belongs to Man City and Suarez to Arsenal.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mickolution posted:

I wasn't sure about that. I googled it before I posted and came across a few articles that say he is and a few that say he isn't. I guess we'll find out if they go after him.

edit: I think De Bruyne counts as homegrown and they've been linked with him. Replace Pogba with him in my post and the point stands.

Chelsea signed him when he was 20, then kept him out on loan for nearly the entire time he was there. He couldn't be less home grown in England if he tried.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Liverpool have a million home grown players and they're all loving terrible.

Apart from Flanagan. He's cool.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

pik_d posted:

Chelsea signed him when he was 20, then kept him out on loan for nearly the entire time he was there. He couldn't be less home grown in England if he tried.

You're absolutely right. Not sure where I got the idea he was :)

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Gignac's signing will be announced tomorrow by... Mexican club Tigres? Apparently this is really happening.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Gignac's signing will be announced tomorrow by... Mexican club Tigres? Apparently this is really happening.

Wtf

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

This owns, I can't wait to see a fat gypsy wandering around Monterrey

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Tigres just signed Uche from Villarreal, but I guess there could be room for a bad french striker too.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

MrBling posted:

Tigres just signed Uche from Villarreal, but I guess there could be room for a bad french striker too.

Gignac is good now, just still fat. Although 20 goals for a Bielsa side is probably half that on a normal team.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Looks like Liverpool are keeping their least poo poo defender

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/martin-skrtel-agrees-new-liverpool-9479584

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Chelsea have sold Gaël Kakuta to Sevilla. His glorious Chelsea career was totally worth risking that transfer ban for.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Cédric Soares to Southampton is a Done Deal. It feels nice buying players early in the window as opposed to selling them.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Starsnostars posted:

Cédric Soares to Southampton is a Done Deal. It feels nice buying players early in the window as opposed to selling them.

Looks like someone put Cesc Fabregas through a taffy pulling machine.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

MrBling posted:

Chelsea have sold Gaël Kakuta to Sevilla. His glorious Chelsea career was totally worth risking that transfer ban for.

im honestly baffled he was still on the books there

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

No idea on the truth of this, but...

quote:

@stamp_1878:
2015-06-18 15:24:19 UTC
Got some very interesting #efc news re: Deulofeu - the incompetence of which will shock even the biggest board critics
@stamp_1878:
2015-06-18 15:25:52 UTC
It's stalling because the 'spanish speaker' at the club misinterpreted 30million euros as 3million euros. #efc now trying to save face

edit: looking into it a bit more it is probably bollocks, but in the meantime I'm going to have a giggle at someone else being as incompetent as Liverpool at transfers.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Fun Tuttosport rumor of the day: Rafa wants to buy Bonucci for €30m.

:newlol:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea's goalkeeping coach is going back to Sevilla so Monk has poached Arsenal's to replace him.

Seems a poo poo move given the state of their keepers and how much Fabianski improved once he left London.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

sassassin posted:

Swansea's goalkeeping coach is going back to Sevilla so Monk has poached Arsenal's to replace him.

Seems a poo poo move given the state of their keepers and how much Fabianski improved once he left London.

Rumors making the rounds are that Arsenal is letting him go in order to accommodate a new coach for Cech.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

sassassin posted:

Rumours of Cech's following him so that wouldn't be too surprising / awful.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sassassin posted:

Rumors are that's for Cech, who was interested in moving to Arsenal to work with their goalkeeping coach, but will now be signing for Swansea

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich are probably going to loan DeAndre Yedlin once Spurs sign Trippier

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope that Arsenal sign Betr Cech.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Blue Star Error posted:

Looking forward to reading all of the N'ich posts.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

He's a bit poo poo.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

He's quick as gently caress isn't he? thats what we need even if he's a not great at defending, Whitaker gets done for pace far too often

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Deandre is indeed quick as poo poo and can deliver a good ball in. Technically he's a bit lacking and I doubt he can ever catch up there, but he's a smart kid so I think he will eventually get his positioning right.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Parody Threads posted:

Kyle Walker is indeed quick as poo poo and can deliver a good ball in. Technically he's a bit lacking and I doubt he can ever catch up there, but he's a smart kid so I think he will eventually get his positioning right.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Have we signed Kovacic yet? And Serie A watchers wanna weigh in, besides TyChan?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Insanely Sikh posted:

Have we signed Kovacic yet? And Serie A watchers wanna weigh in, besides TyChan?

He's good, Mancini would be a fool to sell him but if he does it'll be expensive.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Mandzukic to Juve and Miranda to Inter is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

He's good, Mancini would be a fool to sell him but if he does it'll be expensive.

I don't see where he's meant to play given Coutinho plays in midfield as well but whatever dawg I'm excited

• Locked thread