Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gyshall posted:

The Only Brown You Should Draft Is Josh Gordon

My uncle works at the NFL and told me Josh Gordon should appeal his suspension and be back by week 11. Definitely draft and hold on to him if you want to win your league. He will literally come to your house and lift you onto the fantasy football championship throne single-handedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Bell, JC, ADP and Forte go 1-4. I'm 5.

A. Brown?
Gronk?
OBJ?

(mfl10 rules)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

A. Brown?
Gronk?
OBJ?

(mfl10 rules)

Lacy not under consideration for you?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

quote:

Bradford-to-Zach Ertz has been a mini-me version of the Sanchez-to-Jordan Matthews bromance from a year ago.

(From minicamp)

Just posting this to tell you I told you so on Ertz this year. ;)

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

RVProfootballer posted:

Lacy not under consideration for you?

Yeah, I would be taking Lacy there no doubt.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Its Miller Time posted:

A. Brown?
Gronk?
OBJ?

(mfl10 rules)

Gronk

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Can everyone in Cheating for Charity play for SLPC in wheez's honor this year? I think it would be a good gesture.

Sad stuff man :smith:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

Can everyone in Cheating for Charity play for SLPC in wheez's honor this year? I think it would be a good gesture.

What happened?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He suddenly passed a few weeks ago & the news just got to SA. There's a thread in TFF about it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Southern Poverty Law Center? I won't speak for anyone else but I will dedicate my team for them.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 19, 2015

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

He suddenly passed a few weeks ago & the news just got to SA. There's a thread in TFF about it.

I just saw the thread. :(

I'll be dedicating my team to his cause also.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

You know what would be cool. A site that lets you aggregate all your teams (ESPN, Yahoo, MFL especially) so you know your exposure to each player's stock.

I mean, I work in investments. We drat better know our concentration in a single asset. The worst thing is failing to diversify because you love someone so much just to have them go down, wiping out 50% of your teams.

edit: Question

MFL - Lacy and AJ Green so far

3rd pick: Graham at 3.5 or potential options QBs: Luck - RBs: Spiller/Ingram/Ellington WRs: Hopskins/Sanders/Benjamin

I feel like I'm getting a steal at Jimmy at the 3rd, right guys?

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 20, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
BeerSheets are coming.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BeerSheets helped me win my league last year. I wasn't sure you were gonna do them again after that whole reddit debacle. Really happy you're still putting those together Beer!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

BeerSheets helped me win my league last year. I wasn't sure you were gonna do them again after that whole reddit debacle. Really happy you're still putting those together Beer!

As hilarious as that was, I was never going to stop doing BeerSheets. Especially not for SA.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

BeerSheets helped me beat Beer in the C4C league. Hoisted by your own petard, eh Beer! (Whatever a petard is)

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

As hilarious as that was, I was never going to stop doing BeerSheets. Especially not for SA.

You gonna do anything with Reddit for free still?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sataere posted:

BeerSheets helped me beat Beer in the C4C league. Hoisted by your own petard, eh Beer! (Whatever a petard is)

It's a bomb from the 15 or 1600s

quote:

You mean football gold wasn't an April fools joke? :aaaaa:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Yeah I'll do the sheets for Reddit still. The gold thing was an April Fool's joke.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Wait it actually was an April Fool's joke after all? Their little FAQ even had a part specifically saying "This isn't an April Fool's joke." Way to not understand how April fool's works I guess.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Can I make a very specific request for a keeper league? I'll donate to your charity team if it's too much trouble.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

old dog child posted:

Can I make a very specific request for a keeper league? I'll donate to your charity team if it's too much trouble.

Sure, go for it. Shoot me a PM.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Beer you are a champ.

Also: I haven't forgotten about that zero-rb simulation request! Will get to it eventually.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

VDay posted:

Wait it actually was an April Fool's joke after all? Their little FAQ even had a part specifically saying "This isn't an April Fool's joke." Way to not understand how April fool's works I guess.

There also was the little thing where it was posted on March 31st.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
As an outsider who doesn't give a poo poo about premium accounts or reddit in general it looks like they were actually trying to make a gold thing, saw the complete outrage (which they were ok with) and alienation of top contributors (now they have to backpedal) and are pulling the "gotcha! it was a joke all along. dance, puppets" defense

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

As an outsider who doesn't give a poo poo about premium accounts or reddit in general it looks like they were actually trying to make a gold thing, saw the complete outrage (which they were ok with) and alienation of top contributors (now they have to backpedal) and are pulling the "gotcha! it was a joke all along. dance, puppets" defense

No, it was a joke.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
A bad joke

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone play in an IDP only league? I'm setting one up this year on Yahoo and am looking for advice on team size, positions and scoring. I set it up already with a pretty basic setup. It's six teams, and currently I have roster spots set up like this:

LB - 2
DT - 1
DE - 1
CB - 2
S - 1
Flex - 2
Bench - 3

Scoring is pretty much standard Yahoo scoring right now. I'm open to suggestions on everything.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

Does anyone play in an IDP only league? I'm setting one up this year on Yahoo and am looking for advice on team size, positions and scoring. I set it up already with a pretty basic setup. It's six teams, and currently I have roster spots set up like this:

LB - 2
DT - 1
DE - 1
CB - 2
S - 1
Flex - 2
Bench - 3

Scoring is pretty much standard Yahoo scoring right now. I'm open to suggestions on everything.

Obama Yo Mama runs one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658712

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

MacheteZombie posted:

LB - 2
DT - 1
DE - 1
CB - 2
S - 1
Flex - 2
Bench - 3

Specifically check out the bottom of page 4 and page 5, we started to talk about changes we want to make for next year. The way we ended up actually playing we had, imo, way too many starting spots, especially since we had 12 teams, and not nearly enough bench space. It's all in the thread so check it out!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Azhais posted:

It's a bomb from the 15 or 1600s

You mean football gold wasn't an April fools joke? :aaaaa:

I didn't catch that it was an April Fool's joke, which makes sense.

Also, I did actually know what a petard was, but really, who the gently caress actually knows that. I just wanted to mock Beer for beating him in the only league that matters. Clearly, the other league he won that I was in isn't as important, because I didn't win that one.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I've been doing mock drafts/draft simulators to get ready, and I feel like the one spot I'm struggling is once I get into that late RB2/RB3 range. The Latavius Murrays, the Blounts, Randles, Joique Bell, Bernard, etc. What are you guys looking for when taking those backs? Lets say you went WR/WR, got Alfred Morris with your 3rd pick and are looking at taking RB's with your next two picks. Do you want a player who is a reliable starter or the best back in a RBBC? Most of those guys all have huge red flags and I'm trying to figure out which red flags I'm ok with.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

cheese posted:

I've been doing mock drafts/draft simulators to get ready, and I feel like the one spot I'm struggling is once I get into that late RB2/RB3 range. The Latavius Murrays, the Blounts, Randles, Joique Bell, Bernard, etc. What are you guys looking for when taking those backs? Lets say you went WR/WR, got Alfred Morris with your 3rd pick and are looking at taking RB's with your next two picks. Do you want a player who is a reliable starter or the best back in a RBBC? Most of those guys all have huge red flags and I'm trying to figure out which red flags I'm ok with.

Jonathan Stewart is still stupidly cheap, so I doubt his ADP stays down there, but right now he's a 4th rounder and I'd be happy as gently caress with him as an RB2.

Failing that, I'd look at Spiller, Joseph Randle, and Gio Bernard, more or less in that order, as three guys who will likely have both constant utility and reasonable upside.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

cheese posted:

I'd throw Ellington in the mix as someone probably undervalued around that tier due to injury concerns.

Speaking of injury concerns, Joique Bell had his knee and achilles cleaned up during the offseason, is 29 and was pretty inefficient last year. If you want to take a swing on a rookie, Ameer Abdullah has a strong chance to emerge in the Detroit backfield this season. Abdullah seems to be the consensus third most talented rookie back behind Gordon and Gurley (Matt Waldman ranked him #2 in the RSP). Evan Silva/Rotoworld really like him too: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10338/ameer-abdulla

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 22, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I like Vereen as a later round RB target in PPR.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

timp posted:

Specifically check out the bottom of page 4 and page 5, we started to talk about changes we want to make for next year. The way we ended up actually playing we had, imo, way too many starting spots, especially since we had 12 teams, and not nearly enough bench space. It's all in the thread so check it out!

I liked the bigger roster because it made me feel like you were actually putting together a full defensive unit instead of just starting a few guys without positions really mattering. It made it so that people needed to have DTs and CBs, which are normally not very productive IDP positions. That said, I'm up for discussing whatever changes should be made to make it better. Last year was pretty much a beta test anyway.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I liked the bigger roster because it made me feel like you were actually putting together a full defensive unit instead of just starting a few guys without positions really mattering. It made it so that people needed to have DTs and CBs, which are normally not very productive IDP positions. That said, I'm up for discussing whatever changes should be made to make it better. Last year was pretty much a beta test anyway.

Yeah. I wound up wanting a bigger bench, but otherwise I was pretty happy with the mix.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

cheese posted:

Honestly, it is too early to tell without a training camp. I am definitely keeping my eye on a few prospects, but until we get an idea how they are being used within their offenses, it is very hard to say.

LmaoTheKid posted:

I like Vereen as a later round RB target in PPR.

He is looking like he will be a big part of that offense. I think his ADP is going to skyrocket once the preseason begins.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah. I wound up wanting a bigger bench, but otherwise I was pretty happy with the mix.

I think I liked JoeRules' proposal:

quote:

While I'm in favor of cutting starting spots a bit, I don't think we should cut as many as some of you are talking about. It seems that there's plenty of LBs out there, and it seems they dominate the flex spot even with rosters stretched thin. I also don't think there's a significant distinction between DTs and DEs, and CBs and Ss, so here's my proposal:

Nix the flex spots
4 LBs
3 DE/DTs
3 CB/Ss
Keep bench at 5

I also think FAAB waivers are cool, but not well suited for a league like this where player values are hard to determine.

Except I'd probably do 1 DE, 1 DT, 1 DL and 1 CB, 1 S, 1 DB instead of three DL/DB slots. I'd also keep one of the flex positions. But otherwise I think that's a pretty solid compromise.

D
LB
LB
LB
LB
DE
DT
DL
CB
S
DB

would then be the roster with 5 bench spots and I think that's pretty solid. A 16-man roster with 11 starting seems fair, might even add a bench spot but I'm not sure. I also don't want the benches to be too deep because then it just becomes "draft your roster and see what happens." I like player movement, it makes leagues more fun. Having to decide between cutting a guy you think is good because he's hurt or starting a sub-par player is half the battle. I'm also going to get rid of FAAB. I vastly prefer FAAB to regular waivers, but they can be a little much in a league with this format. I think I would do reverse standings waivers instead of priority since that prevents people from sitting on higher priorities.

e: or we could just nix waivers altogether and make it a mad-dash free for all :madmax: Normally, I would hate that, but I think that big IDP performances tend to go under the radar and anyone watching games on Sunday would probably have just as much of a chance to be the first in on the "next big thing" as anyone else. Might be a more fun wrinkle that way? Who knows

e2: if most people think that 11 is still a bit too big, i would potentially be in favor of going down to 3 LB spots instead of 4 to make a 10-man roster.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 22, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

cheese posted:

It's pretty rough. There are a few players I'm high on, but for the most part that area is either huge risks (Ingram, Gore, Hyde, Murray), or rookies (Yeldon, Gordon, Gurley).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I think I liked JoeRules' proposal:

Except I'd probably do 1 DE, 1 DT, 1 DL and 1 CB, 1 S, 1 DB instead of three DL/DB slots. I'd also keep one of the flex positions. But otherwise I think that's a pretty solid compromise.

D
LB
LB
LB
LB
DE
DT
DL
CB
S
DB

would then be the roster with 5 bench spots and I think that's pretty solid. A 16-man roster with 11 starting seems fair, might even add a bench spot but I'm not sure. I also don't want the benches to be too deep because then it just becomes "draft your roster and see what happens." I like player movement, it makes leagues more fun. Having to decide between cutting a guy you think is good because he's hurt or starting a sub-par player is half the battle. I'm also going to get rid of FAAB. I vastly prefer FAAB to regular waivers, but they can be a little much in a league with this format. I think I would do reverse standings waivers instead of priority since that prevents people from sitting on higher priorities.

e: or we could just nix waivers altogether and make it a mad-dash free for all :madmax: Normally, I would hate that, but I think that big IDP performances tend to go under the radar and anyone watching games on Sunday would probably have just as much of a chance to be the first in on the "next big thing" as anyone else. Might be a more fun wrinkle that way? Who knows

e2: if most people think that 11 is still a bit too big, i would potentially be in favor of going down to 3 LB spots instead of 4 to make a 10-man roster.

The trouble with the shallow bench is more than just being forced to move guys for bye weeks. IDP players get injured a lot; with just 5 slots, any injured guy in a non-LB slot you basically *have* to drop in order to keep a full team on the field. And that really sucks when you're dropping a guy who is only going to miss two weeks.

If you stick to five bench slots, I'd encourage you to add one or two injury slots too.

I agree about dumping FAAB. I'd like regular waivers, though: not everyone is up at midnight tuesday morning to jump on the latest standout guy.

Also: Chris Borland :negative:

• Locked thread