Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Hihohe posted:

No. They came from a vault. My guys come from an oil rig.

The oil rig got all blowed up though dawg. Plus they all wore Vault Suits anyway. Other than the President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Just in case people missed it

quote:

SPIEGEL ONLINE: In the Microsoft press conference was announced that created by PC Fan extensions to run on the Xbox One. If you have to pay for some mods? In “Skyrim” Bethesda has experimented with a Mod-payment option , which was withdrawn after fan protests.

Howard: How long was the online payment system? 24 Hours? I can only speak for the present time, but currently there are no plans for a payment system.

Hopefully nobody tries to add in plans in the future but FOR NOW at least no paid mods.

(Source is badly translated from german http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/games/fallout-4-interview-mit-entwickler-todd-howard-a-1039395.html )

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

we could use a break from the same discussions imo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If you really want to show how dumb Fallout 3's plot was, you don't need to write a massive 3 part essay or anything, just this

idk that kind of reads like some nitpicky as gently caress bullshit and considering the many better valid criticisms of the plot that's super weak. except for the bit where your radiation immune companions won't help you out.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I still don't understand how a device that scrubs radiation out of water can so consistently vent radiation into the control room.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Lotish posted:

I still don't understand how a device that scrubs radiation out of water can so consistently vent radiation into the control room.

Well that radiation taken from the water needs to go somewhere dummy!!!!!

That's how SCIENCE! works

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

frajaq posted:

Well that radiation taken from the water needs to go somewhere dummy!!!!!

That's how SCIENCE! works

Yeah, it gets pumped into a ghoul they found until it becomes super strong and huge, then they plate it in armor and call it Liberty Prime 2.0

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wish my Dad was cool and turned into a Super Mutant instead of a big dumbass corpse

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Little Lamplight was also poo poo. Bunch of kids who only got like one assault rifle for all of them somehow managed to survive with their only defense against raiders and supermutants being two flimsy walls.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Little Lamplight was also poo poo. Bunch of kids who only got like one assault rifle for all of them somehow managed to survive with their only defense against raiders and supermutants being two flimsy walls.

The kids are immortal that's how they survived.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Moridin920 posted:

except for the bit where your radiation immune companions won't help you out.

The worst part is:

"You are my employer and I will do as you command."

He's a brainwashed robot of a ghoul who refuses to walk into what is basically a pleasant sauna for his kind and press a few buttons. Granted, he refuses to seek out Vault 87's GECK on account of "refusing to be somebody's errand boy" (despite his entire contract revolving around doing things that are errands), but walking into a room to press a few buttons hardly seems like it would encroach on the crystal clear legal definition of an "errand boy".

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

ShadowMar posted:

haha how about those video game huh

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

megalodong posted:

The kids are immortal that's how they survived.

It's a good gig if you can get it

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

khy posted:

as for the enclave and the water purifier he's ignoring the Enclave's stated goal of using the clean water as leverage over the rest of the wasteland in their bid to take over.
The game itself tries pretty hard to ignore it. I'm fairly certain the only time Autumn's grand evil plans for the purifier are brought is if you try to talk him down at very end of the game.
If you're like me and shot him, you'd have no clue what Autumn was trying to accomplish.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Lord Lambeth posted:

haha how about those video game huh

I wish someone would mod in one of those suits from A Scanner Darkly. Then you wouldn't need to settle on just one appearance.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SunAndSpring posted:

Not just super mutants but bad mother fucker rear end end game mutants. I didn't care though because little lamplight owned. People think too much. I laughed my balls off walking down that tunnel for the first time and running into a little poo poo-talking kid telling me to gently caress off.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I wish someone would mod in one of those suits from A Scanner Darkly. Then you wouldn't need to settle on just one appearance.
Someone actually tried this and abandoned the project because it took 50 seconds per frame

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Little Lamplight is a lot more fun if you imagine all the kids are Cartman and friends playing Mad Max.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There should have been little glowing piles of dookie everywhere

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Has anyone asked Todd Howard whether picking stuff up still makes every item nearby jiggle around. Also I hope you still get to see random corpses pinwheel through the air when loading a new area.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

moist turtleneck posted:

There should have been little glowing piles of dookie everywhere

They're not Chinese!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

Has anyone asked Todd Howard whether picking stuff up still makes every item nearby jiggle around. Also I hope you still get to see random corpses pinwheel through the air when loading a new area.

i imagine the havok engine is intact

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

To be fair, she's doing it too.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

I hope 'Cheers' is in the game and it's owned by prewar baseball player Sam Ghoulone.

If it's not then it's the first thing I'm building for my little town.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Then mod in the rest of A Scanner Darkly as a side quest

It's Fallout as gently caress

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Then make a Donnie Darko mod

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I wonder if the vault-tec guy you slam the door on comes back as a ghoul.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

Has anyone asked Todd Howard whether picking stuff up still makes every item nearby jiggle around.

I like stealing objects out from under other objects and then watching the objects on top kind of hover there like Wile E. Coyote before they remember to fall a second later.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Tastee posted:

To be fair, she's doing it too.

I appreciate that you have one face for yourself and one to gently caress around with, satisfying both urges that occur when using a face generator.

Gonna make myself a loving horsepig of a husband.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Mr Tastee posted:

I wonder if the vault-tec guy you slam the door on comes back as a ghoul.

He's actually an android too

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

nuzak posted:

I appreciate that you have one face for yourself and one to gently caress around with, satisfying both urges that occur when using a face generator.

Gonna make myself a loving horsepig of a husband.

I hope there's a randomizer like in darksouls where everytime you hit it, it gets more outlandish. Pink fish wife will be the prettiest Pink fish wife ever.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

the worst part about Little Lamplight for me was that I was playing on an Xbox 360 and I couldn't use a console command to delete the loving kid with the gun holy poo poo

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Does the new system mean that skill checks are gone?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

anatomi posted:

Does the new system mean that skill checks are gone?

Probably, substituted by perk checks instead

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Whoever designed Lamplight was a sadist who knew perfectly well those kids were impossible to bypass

Whoever approved Lamplight was an idealist who thought there must have been a hidden path besides the torturous official sequence.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Wonder how stat or perk checks will work now that dialog is four buttons. Will they show up on the shoulder buttons or something?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Personally i care about the number of buttons occupied by dialogue choices, and dont give a gently caress about actual quality of the lines, because im a gamer piece of poo poo.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Wonder how stat or perk checks will work now that dialog is four buttons. Will they show up on the shoulder buttons or something?

The option is prob gonna be greyed out if you don't have the perk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh now, how will skill checks work now that there's a determinate number of options for each dialogue branch? Previously there was an infinite number of options at each step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This game is going to be good but Mad Max will be my favorite Fallout game.

• Locked thread