Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Sure, but I am still disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Part of me is glad I don't have to sit through 70 hours of peanut butter thick accents being shouted every time I select an action.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Didn't think I'd be seeing people discuss a mass suicide on a Nintendo stream, but here we are!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

All Stars looked better, but that's not the game I grew up with.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I want to play the mass suicide game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Fancy Hat! posted:

Didn't think I'd be seeing people discuss a mass suicide on a Nintendo stream, but here we are!

If only....

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Agreed. While I consider All Stars one of the gems of my collection and played the everloving poo poo out of it, Mario 3 came out late enough in the NES's lifetime that it looks fine on its own, and SMB's look is too classic to update, as noted above.

I'd be onboard if they included level skin variants that use Mario 2J's (Lost Levels) skins. They are just different enough to justify adding, I think.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The All Stars version removes the stage play look the original had. No thank you :colbert:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If Mario Maker is a huge success I'm sure there will be DLC from other Mario games (MARIO 2 MARIO 2 MARIO 2), or maybe even tilesets from other games (but still using the proper Mario physics).

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I have been getting steadily more interested in Mario Maker from the moment I heard about it and that demonstration during the Nintendo Championships pretty much sold me on it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Macaluso posted:

Hey Nintendo, this looks great! I have a suggestion though, take this idea, remove the horror elements, and put in Pokemon. Call it something like Pokemon Snap 2. You loving assholes.

Fatal Frame X Pokemon Snap

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey, it's arty indie puzzle platformer no. 25378!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Quest For Glory II posted:

If Mario Maker is a huge success I'm sure there will be DLC from other Mario games (MARIO 2 MARIO 2 MARIO 2), or maybe even tilesets from other games (but still using the proper Mario physics).

Mario 2 would be the best DLC because it'd add some new mechanics to mess around with by way of plucking veggies and having the Mario 2 enemies not die when jumped on. Mixing that into all the other Mario stuff would be a lot of fun.

Some additional powerups would be fun too, stuff like the penguin suit or hammer bros suit would be nice to have.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm sure it's actually a fine game, but I don't think I can ever be sold on "what if letters were grimdark?"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

DK in Skylanders looks awesome. Stop making me slightly interested in Skylanders, Nintendo

I just hope this collab wasn't one in which they had to chose between either Skylanders or Infinity. Some of the Infinity people previewing the game to outlets seemed pretty salty about amiibo last week and... I just hope this doesn't ruin Bowser's chances of still being able to hang out with Wreck-it-Ralph after work in the sequel. :ohdear:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm sure it's actually a fine game, but I don't think I can ever be sold on "what if letters were grimdark?"

I dunno I think this looks pretty cool :shobon: It could stand to be less grimdark though yeah

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

limbo was cool the first time

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I don't remember if the original smb did it, but All Stars made some levels take place at night with a starry background and it looked so neat I hope SMM lets you do that.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

Mario 2 would be the best DLC because it'd add some new mechanics to mess around with by way of plucking veggies and having the Mario 2 enemies not die when jumped on. Mixing that into all the other Mario stuff would be a lot of fun.

Some additional powerups would be fun too, stuff like the penguin suit or hammer bros suit would be nice to have.

The propeller hat is in, and some of the stage builder demos have way fewer enemies/items available than we've seen placed in the demo levels. There may be some sort of unlock system that adds those costumes and we just haven't seen them used yet. There's no reason for them to leave out anything that was in the originals, so hopefully the more obscure stuff like the Mario 3 suits will be placeable.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I wonder how this game will get localized to places that don't speak english.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I just hope this collab wasn't one in which they had to chose between either Skylanders or Infinity. Some of the Infinity people previewing the game to outlets seemed pretty salty about amiibo last week and... I just hope this doesn't ruin Bowser's chances of still being able to hang out with Wreck-it-Ralph after work in the sequel. :ohdear:

If Amiibos get to crossover with all the other toys-to-life things then that'd be the sickest thing, DK and Bowser on Skylanders, Lego Luigi and Lego Samus, and Mario and Roy have adventures with Mickey and Spider-man!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What Mario Maker skins did they show off on the stream? did they reveal a bunch of them or did they just say there were over 90 or what happened

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

What Mario Maker skins did they show off on the stream? did they reveal a bunch of them or did they just say there were over 90 or what happened

They only showed off Wii Fit Trainer and Marth but they opened up a menu and there was like fuckin 90 or so slots for character skins

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If Amiibos get to crossover with all the other toys-to-life things then that'd be the sickest thing, DK and Bowser on Skylanders, Lego Luigi and Lego Samus, and Mario and Roy have adventures with Mickey and Spider-man!

Mario and Micky, the adventure I've always wanted! :allears:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

When Amiibo were first announced, nintendo said they were going to have some special collaborations with Skylanders and Disney Infinity for the Wii U. maybe the Infinity one fell through, or maybe they're not ready to reveal it yet. but it was at least talked about at some point.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kelp Plankton posted:

When Amiibo were first announced, nintendo said they were going to have some special collaborations with Skylanders and Disney Infinity for the Wii U. maybe the Infinity one fell through, or maybe they're not ready to reveal it yet. but it was at least talked about at some point.

I always assumed when they talked about that they just meant something like, put an amiibo on the NFC reader? Congrats your Skylander gets a Mario hat! Like that sort of thing. I didn't think they'd go all the way and make DK and Bowser multi-verse travelers who check out other game universes when they're on break.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
I was pretty hype for Freedom Planet based on the demo I downloaded a few days ago but then I saw it appear on Steam as a flash sale and it was $5 so uh ha ha I ain't pay no Nintendo tax; grabbin it for PC.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dunban posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X English voiceover footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Ib7PLKHTo

sign my petition to cancel this game.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
The voices aren't bad but... god those stiff uncanny valley faces.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The mute-protagonist dialogue prompts are really, really awkward.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Supercar Gautier posted:

The mute-protagonist dialogue prompts are really, really awkward.

It would go a long way to just have the music keep on playing when the prompt shows up instead of stopping it dead.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
I was interested in Xenoblade X so i bought Chronicles and now I think X is Federation-Force levels of bad

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

So far Yoshi, Marth, Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Peach and Isabelle are confirmed.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they should execute all american voice actors except the ones with cool voices like Troy Baker and Liam O'Brien

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

Pixeltendo posted:

So far Yoshi, Marth, Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Peach and Isabelle are confirmed.

Wait are you saying Yoshi can ride Yoshi.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Not a Twat posted:

Wait are you saying Yoshi can ride Yoshi.

No because riding Yoshi isn't in SMB style :(

-Kuribo boot replaces Yoshi in SMB and SMB3
-The mystery mushroom in SMB (for the amiibo skins) is replaced by a respective flying power-up for SMB3, SMW and NSMB

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Maybe the Infinity people should focus on making a game worth playing to go along with their loving figurines.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Anime Curator posted:

sign my petition to cancel this game.

I'm fine with the voices. I just wish the characters would show some, or any, emotion.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Astro7x posted:

Going for the technicality by saying this si the GBA version of SMB 3 which is a port of All Stars, but still not the same. Is there a fedora smilie?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mario Maker for the Treehouse finale :dance:

edit: This music is not the typical underground music. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If someone puts a mystery mushroom in a course, you dont need the amiibo to play the map, and you'll be able to get that skin when picking up the mushroom.

So the Amiibos are only required for speeding up unlocks for the editor itself.

• Locked thread