Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Bholder posted:

So I presume this is going to be the final episode, unless the OVA cut out something big.

I wonder how they will handle the finale but I'm afraid the censor will ruin it.

Yup, this is it. The episode's named after the final chapter of SC, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Dio's always been way into books, he spends all his time in Part 3 in his library or bedroom reading and the first time you ever see him on screen in Part 1 he shuts his book angrily because his dad interrupted him, I wouldn't be surprised if he's taught himself like 9 or 10 languages over the course of his life. You know how those evil prodigy children in anime are.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I hope they do a sweet Part 4 teaser with plenty of ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Xibanya posted:

I have to conclude that everyone in Stardust Crusaders is actually speaking English. Joseph is lazy as gently caress and would never learn Japanese, let alone any other second language. I happen to have gone to college with a guy who was both French and an idiot, so I absolutely believe that Polnareff can speak English, and I never doubted that Avdol could speak English since lots of North Africans are polyglots by necessity. And I guess Jotaro would speak English because of his mom (his English speaking credentials are the most suspect, to be honest.) Therefore the grammar issue is moot as Araki was actually eavesdropping into an alternate universe in which all this happened and feverishly translating everything he heard from English to Japanese.

You forgot to mention Kakyoin, although he seems to be the most book-smart of the Crusaders, so I can buy that he does very well in his English classes.

I have a bigger problem with the language issue in Part 2; it seems like there should have been some communication problems that never came up. Eisidesi, Kars, and Whammu can communicate perfectly with Joseph right off the bat, but they had no obvious opportunities to hear modern languages other than German and Italian before that point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bholder posted:

So I presume this is going to be the final episode, unless the OVA cut out something big.

I wonder how they will handle the finale but I'm afraid the censor will ruin it.

It is the final episode.

HELL 2 US

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Silver2195 posted:

You forgot to mention Kakyoin, although he seems to be the most book-smart of the Crusaders, so I can buy that he does very well in his English classes.

Whoops. Meh, if Japanese high schooler Light Yagami can be an English ace, Kakyoin can too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Xibanya posted:

Joseph is lazy as gently caress and would never learn Japanese, let alone any other second language.

He seemed to be somewhat knowledgeable about Hong Kong, though he did mistranslate the menu.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I have a bigger problem with the language issue in Part 2; it seems like there should have been some communication problems that never came up. Eisidesi, Kars, and Whammu can communicate perfectly with Joseph right off the bat, but they had no obvious opportunities to hear modern languages other than German and Italian before that point.

I like how Santana is labeled as a genius for picking up the Germans' language within the span of, like, 15 minutes, but Cars and the others come out speaking flawlessly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Santana is demonstrably poo poo compared to all other Pillarmen. That's why the stuffed him alone all the way in Mexico while the cool Pillars chilled in Italy.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He seemed to be somewhat knowledgeable about Hong Kong, though he did mistranslate the menu.

Was he speaking Cantonese though? Maybe it's that Hong Kong was British at the time? Anyway, learning to read Mandarin and Cantonese is about 500 times easier than learning to read Japanese. Hanzi are so intuitive and sensible when they're used with Hanyu. gently caress Japanese orthography right up its rear end.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

e:wrong forum wrong post

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Seagull posted:

kakyoin taught dio japanese when they were buds

:golfclap:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I'm hoping the final episode will add sound effects to the opening like they did with Battle Tendency. Or maybe something different again like last episode's opening. I normally just skip the opening but because I mistakenly thought last week's episode was the last episode, I watched the whole thing and got a THE WORLD to the face.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Willsun posted:

I'm hoping the final episode will add sound effects to the opening like they did with Battle Tendency. Or maybe something different again like last episode's opening. I normally just skip the opening but because I mistakenly thought last week's episode was the last episode, I watched the whole thing and got a THE WORLD to the face.

Why are you watching JoJo wrong?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Willsun posted:

Skipping a JoJo opening is skipping life.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't they usually just modify the OP for the penultimate episode and it's normal for the final one?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It was the final episodes for Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency.

I have a feeling they may skip the OP tomorrow.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

It was the final episodes for Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency.

And Season 1 of Stardust Crusaders.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Are you guys ready for tomorrow?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I am looking forward to tomorrow and also unhappy about the lack of Jojo that will be here in the upcoming Fridays.

Also, this will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I kind of liked the anime's version of the Vanilla Ice fight more than Dio's. I just feel like the introduction to him after Jotaro clowning D'arby as well as Avdol's death made a more poignant impact than Dio trolling everyone with his Stand for a whole episode, as great as that was.

There's also the fact that the tense moments in Dio's fight aren't really used to end an episode (barring him sucking Joseph's blood). Jotaro got around the time stop, Dio's knives, and him checking for his heartbeat all in the last episode, which are all fairly tense moments, while the Vanilla Ice fight shows what seems to be the death of Polnareff as the end of its two parter.

I dunno, I don't dislike the Dio fight, but I feel Vanilla Ice's was better executed.

On the other hand, this was the best moment in the anime so far. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTCPeq8EWJ8

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I agree. The Vanilla Ice fight had me standing up. That was really hard to follow up. I haven't read the manga but I was expecting the DIO fight to be batshit insane but so far it's been pretty mediocre. I hope tomorrow leaves me content. This is the only show I've watched with my dad religiously since Breaking Bad.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And Season 1 of Stardust Crusaders.

What changed there?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RordBk3Ztk4

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I am looking forward to tomorrow and also unhappy about the lack of Jojo that will be here in the upcoming Fridays.

Also, this will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I kind of liked the anime's version of the Vanilla Ice fight more than Dio's. I just feel like the introduction to him after Jotaro clowning D'arby as well as Avdol's death made a more poignant impact than Dio trolling everyone with his Stand for a whole episode, as great as that was.

There's also the fact that the tense moments in Dio's fight aren't really used to end an episode (barring him sucking Joseph's blood). Jotaro got around the time stop, Dio's knives, and him checking for his heartbeat all in the last episode, which are all fairly tense moments, while the Vanilla Ice fight shows what seems to be the death of Polnareff as the end of its two parter.

I dunno, I don't dislike the Dio fight, but I feel Vanilla Ice's was better executed.

On the other hand, this was the best moment in the anime so far. :allears:

I feel like the fight's just started now. This first half was learning what DIO can do, and how Jotaro might be able to counteract him. Now that DIO has Joseph's blood, he's probably going to go berserk, and all but steamroll Jotaro. I'm getting pumped.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

The last one was for Danny— subconsciously at least! :gbsmith:

I felt like this one did the added sounds way, way better than the first two, I had adrenaline rushing the first ten times or so I listened to it. Here's hoping that tomorrow's episode does as well or better, especially with all the potential for ticks and tocks (clocks give me a narrative boner).

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Best Girl posted:

I feel like the fight's just started now. This first half was learning what DIO can do, and how Jotaro might be able to counteract him. Now that DIO has Joseph's blood, he's probably going to go berserk, and all but steamroll Jotaro. I'm getting pumped.

I can't tell if yer loving with us

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well I mean DIO did just go all BEHOLD MY FINAL FORM, it's not unreasonable to expect a shift in power balance.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

[x]

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I can't wait for *that moment* tomorrow. :dance:

But I thought that last week's episode was pretty intense, shifting from utter despair to Joseph-style asspulls was incredible.

I also hope that they do a teaser like the end of last season, if every Jojo is opposite of the last one then I'm excited for the new one.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

umalt posted:

I can't wait for *that moment* tomorrow. :dance:

But I thought that last week's episode was pretty intense, shifting from utter despair to Joseph-style asspulls was incredible.

I also hope that they do a teaser like the end of last season, if every Jojo is opposite of the last one then I'm excited for the new one.

He's extremely good and lovable.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
part 4 jojo is the best jojo

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
gently caress.

What's the best way to induce a coma?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the protag and antag of arc 4 are arguably better than jotaro and dio, in my onion

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Haha. The little howl when Iggy's star flies in.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
「Bark Platinum」

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the protag and antag of arc 4 are arguably better than jotaro and dio, in my onion

It'd better be a good onion.

Part 4 isn't confirmed yet, is it?

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Dias posted:

It'd better be a good onion.

Part 4 isn't confirmed yet, is it?

Nope and it took awhile for part 3 to be.

We could be looking a long stretch before we even know if it's coming.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
That's why I'm hoping for a teaser, it's likely to be the first way we'll know if it's going to happen or not.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there have been solid rumors at the least. apparently some david people went on a 'vacation' to a place that more or less inspired the location of arc 4, if i remember. something like that, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I'm not ready for it to be over. :smith:

• Locked thread