Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Morby posted:

So Anthony Jennings is clearly a Heisman candidate now. Is that other kid still there? The one that they kept rotating in and out over the course of the season?

Yeah, Harris is still there and clearly, to most, the more talented of the two. He got hurt pretty bad against you guys (high ankle sprain) so didn't play too much the rest of the season. The knock against him is that he hasn't grasped the offense as well as Jennings had.

Well, there's no time like now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Rip.

Go cougar tff 2015 mnc champions

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Yeah, Harris is still there and clearly, to most, the more talented of the two. He got hurt pretty bad against you guys (high ankle sprain) so didn't play too much the rest of the season. The knock against him is that he hasn't grasped the offense as well as Jennings had.

Well, there's no time like now.

You guys still have the former OC of the Ravens, right? Is this year 3 for him?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Morby posted:

You guys still have the former OC of the Ravens, right? Is this year 3 for him?

Cam Cameron, yep.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

God drat that sucks about Wheez. Legit hilarious guy, amazing cook. We want Bama was super funny. Gonna miss that guy

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Rip.

Go cougar tff 2015 mnc champions

I'm going full coug

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Make the Cougs the officially team of TFF this year. We are now all fans.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Rad Valtar posted:

Make the Cougs the officially team of TFF this year. We are now all fans.

Welcome to Hell.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Cam Cameron, yep.

Assuming he gets the same results at QB as he got last year, at what point does Les say "This isn't working" and move on? As far as I could tell, QB play really didn't improve over the course of the season and left your defense hanging out to dry a lot.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
Man, catching up on this thread was a hell of a way to start my night. :(

RIP, Wheez. Go Cougs.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

C2C - 2.0 posted:

LSU reports 4 players arrested today, including starting QB Anthony Jennings.

Ergo, LSU will play for the National Title this year.

Well this is fun.

I live in the same apartment complex they got arrested in. I didn't see or hear anything suspicious though because cops are here probably 4 times a week.

Ugh I wish someday a successful football player will break into my apartment or sucker punch me at least

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RIP, may Wazzu honor him with "gently caress this gay earth" uniform patches.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Morby posted:

Assuming he gets the same results at QB as he got last year, at what point does Les say "This isn't working" and move on? As far as I could tell, QB play really didn't improve over the course of the season and left your defense hanging out to dry a lot.

Who knows? I mean, his (Cam's) first year here Mett really turned the corner. Then last year was a huge step back, but Jennings never really saw the field before that, so it could just be 1st-year starter jitters (with a lot of freshmen on that side of the ball last year too). Whatever the case, the offense was painful to watch most of the season.

Spintzel posted:

Well this is fun.

I live in the same apartment complex they got arrested in. I didn't see or hear anything suspicious though because cops are here probably 4 times a week.

Ugh I wish someday a successful football player will break into my apartment or sucker punch me at least

The story is they broke into some dude's apartment to steal stuff...that the dude had stolen from Jennings earlier. Stupid follows stupid.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
Drugs involved with Jennings? Why the hell wouldn't you just turn the guy in otherwise?

also, gently caress, I can't believe I'm legitimately bummed about the passing of a funny internet stranger. drat wheez.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Raku posted:

The SEC has exclusive rights to broadcast Alabama-Wisconsin live "throughout the universe"

are there trailer parks in space?
We already know who the best teams in the galaxy is, PAWL

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Dat Lando Calrissian can't be trusted PAAWWWWLLL

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
RIP Wheez, I guess he joined here when he was 15!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

SpiritualDeath posted:

We already know who the best teams in the galaxy is, PAWL

I mean if one college team has to defend the earth in a space jam scenario who else are we going to send

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
gently caress man, talk about a kick in the balls.

Chug a Four Loko, buy a Wazzu shirt, Cougs bitch

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Dat Lando Calrissian can't be trusted PAAWWWWLLL

Saban had Alderaan destroyed so that Big Ten coaches couldn't set up satellite camps there

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

Saban had Alderaan destroyed so that Big Ten coaches couldn't set up satellite camps there

"That's no moon... that's a practice facility."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

You're asking me about our expectations for blowing up a second drat Death Star? I didn't create those expectations. Don't want 'em. Y'all out there in the media did that [expletive]. We blow up one Death Star, all I wanna do is say "Great job Luke, using the force and all that, but I hope I don't have to tell you that you missed the read on the TIE squadron coming off the Star Destroyer. Is that your assignment, or is it Biggs'? As far as I recall, you get your assignments from myself, or from Commander Kiffin, not some apparition I honestly don't entirely understand. Now you're buzzing off down some exhaust shaft while Biggs is nearly getting his rear end blown up doing your job." That's all I wanna say and then I just wanna get back in the film room and see what the Bothans got for me. But y'all rather I take a day off and start pinning medals on anything that walks on two legs and holds a blaster. That ain't my process. That's yours. Maybe that's how they do [expletive] on Coruscant but I don't see no crystal Death Stars in the Coruscant trophy case. This press conference is over.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Goddammit not a brother Cougar :(

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 19, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Raku posted:

I mean if one college team has to defend the earth in a space jam scenario who else are we going to send

... a basketball school?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

You're asking me about our expectations for blowing up a second drat Death Star? I didn't create those expectations. Don't want 'em. Y'all out there in the media did that [expletive]. We blow up one Death Star, all I wanna do is say "Great job Luke, using the force and all that, but I hope I don't have to tell you that you missed the read on the TIE squadron coming off the Star Destroyer. Is that your assignment, or is it Biggs'? As far as I recall, you get your assignments from myself, or from Commander Kiffin, not some apparition I honestly don't entirely understand. Now you're buzzing off down some exhaust shaft while Biggs is nearly getting his rear end blown up doing your job." That's all I wanna say and then I just wanna get back in the film room and see what the Bothans got for me. But y'all rather I take a day off and start pinning medals on anything that walks on two legs and holds a blaster. That ain't my process. That's yours. Maybe that's how they do [expletive] on Coruscant but I don't see no crystal Death Stars in the Coruscant trophy case. This press conference is over.

I think you mean Wedge

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This is Wyatt Teller, an OG for VT. He will be a high draft pick in 3 years.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
RIP Wheez. This loving sucks he was someone who always consistently made me laugh and more comfortable to actually occasionally post.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ehud posted:

we've been rip'ing him in the NFL thread

here is his obituary

http://www.kimballfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3186271&fh_id=13407

drat... Really sorry to hear that. Rest in peace, Go Cougs.

Gonna watch as many Wazzu games as I can this season.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
RIP Wheez..

gently caress man.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Michigan produces some pretty good college talent though vOv

Not Florida levels but still pretty good. Also Michigan State's Cotton Bowl rings are in

From a few pages back, but I'm just getting caught up; not a big fan of putting the Michigan game score on the ring. It makes us look like dicks and stuff like this is going to make it suck extra hard when Harbaugh has that team firing on all cylinders.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

GobiasIndustries posted:

From a few pages back, but I'm just getting caught up; not a big fan of putting the Michigan game score on the ring. It makes us look like dicks and stuff like this is going to make it suck extra hard when Harbaugh has that team firing on all cylinders.

The funny part is probably that if/when Michigan is good again that they won't acknowledge Sparty at all. They'd probably put the Ohio State score on their ring if anything.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I think you mean Wedge

Biggs is taking a medical greyshirt

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Jesus that's horrible. RIP Wheez. I hope somebody posted that picture of him behind the pole in memory.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

holy poo poo RIP wheez. his latin pop links were always hilarious during the GDT. Thanks for the inspiration for fun pre football pump up music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCxsqB0PvKs

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo. I haven't been following NFL threads and have barely been able to keep up with this one since I moved last week and started a new job. One of my first unread posts ITT was the news wheez had passed :(

I don't think I've ever been this shaken by the death of someone I've never met before. He was always entertaining in GDTs and this...

siriuslysomething posted:

RIP Wheez. This loving sucks he was someone who always consistently made me laugh and more comfortable to actually occasionally post.

...is totally true for me too. For some reason he was always responding to my posts in GDTs and it was always fun to go back and forth with him.

Since I live in Pac-12 country now, I'm going to go to any WSU games in my area, bottle of Fireball in hand.

RIP Wheez.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

we've been rip'ing him in the NFL thread

here is his obituary

http://www.kimballfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3186271&fh_id=13407

:(

he was the life of late-night pac12 threads.

RIP

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

computer parts posted:

The funny part is probably that if/when Michigan is good again that they won't acknowledge Sparty at all. They'd probably put the Ohio State score on their ring if anything.

It did its job of making people salty, also brag about your rivalry victories at every given opportunity imo

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
For instance: gently caress off, Death to Akron

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

Morby posted:

It wasn't like LSU was doing great at QB before Cam got there. They seem to have gotten about the same result at QB ever since the 2008 season with 3 different OCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

It did its job of making people salty, also brag about your rivalry victories at every given opportunity imo

yeah but the harris poll

• Locked thread