Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

codespace posted:

Same. Bethesda really nailed their conference last night, like drat.

except that Doom looks like an insane pile of bullshit

Fallout 4 looks tight as hell though, and the iOS game is pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

except that Doom looks like an insane pile of bullshit

Why is there so much hate on the DOOM demo? I'm seeing that everywhere. It just looked like DOOM to me, but with better graphics. I figured the old school fanboys would go nuts over it. Surprised to see it so heavily criticized. I'm not sure what people want from it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I'm hard.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

HaB posted:

So since I was old enough to know how to drive I have wanted a late 60s-early 70s ragtop. Picked this up last week.

1967 Chevy Impala SS Convertible

Guy who owned before me redid all the mechanicals. Body has one small ding in the right rear quarter that someone would have to point out for you to notice. Only 1450 miles on the new engine, and he accepted my first offer, so I got a great deal. Once I bump up the stereo to cruiseworthy standards, I will be set.

Pretty fuckin jazzed already, tho. It's everything I'd hoped. :cool:

Impalas peaked in '67. Great buy. 327?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Why is there so much hate on the DOOM demo? I'm seeing that everywhere. It just looked like DOOM to me, but with better graphics. I figured the old school fanboys would go nuts over it. Surprised to see it so heavily criticized. I'm not sure what people want from it.

I don't know what I would have wanted from it, but after 20+ years just "Doom with better graphics" isn't super exciting to me. I mean, it looked fine, but nothing earth shattering. Not sure if that's why others are being hard on it.

My favourite part, by far, was tearing hands off of dead people to use for hand scanner locks, as I was recently reading that was a mechanic they actually wanted to include in the first Doom game.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Perry Normal posted:

I don't know what I would have wanted from it, but after 20+ years just "Doom with better graphics" isn't super exciting to me. I mean, it looked fine, but nothing earth shattering. Not sure if that's why others are being hard on it.

My favourite part, by far, was tearing hands off of dead people to use for hand scanner locks, as I was recently reading that was a mechanic they actually wanted to include in the first Doom game.

It looked pretty lackluster. Something about the weapons made me go "eh". Like the rocket launcher and the plasma rifle had almost no impact, far less than you'd imagine they should in a game about gibbing demons. Also I hate the new look of the cyber demon. The metal-as-gently caress bull-headed demon kicks way more rear end than the generic WoW monster they cooked up.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There wasn't a cyberdemon in the demo :confused:

There was a revenant, and some imps, and some zombies, and some soldiers but I don't recall seeing a cyberdemon anywhere.

That big fucker with the key puzzle was a hell knight.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If it is like Serious Sam I will be happy since Doom 3 was balls. It looks like it will be like Serious Sam. Anyway I am probably going to buy new suit pants because after an interview today I slipped and ripped a hole in mine. 3rd wear of the suit thats only a month and a half old. :sigh:

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

I'd switch off the Internet if they'd make cars like that again.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Verisimilidude posted:

It looked pretty lackluster. Something about the weapons made me go "eh". Like the rocket launcher and the plasma rifle had almost no impact, far less than you'd imagine they should in a game about gibbing demons. Also I hate the new look of the cyber demon. The metal-as-gently caress bull-headed demon kicks way more rear end than the generic WoW monster they cooked up.

Those are all true, but it's funny that just before they did the roll, they were talking about how the spirit of Doom is being fast and run and gun gameplay. And then they start with the player moving just as fast as other FPS character in the last decade, with tons of canned animations, masked loading door opening cutscenes, and no music at all.

It takes guts to make the chainsaw in Doom boring.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
2 years ago I bought some echium wildpretii seeds.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Fozaldo posted:

2 years ago I bought some echium wildpretii seeds.

And now you have a yard-cock.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sigma X posted:

And now you have a yard-cock.

That looks more like 4 or 5 yards to me.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

I finally broke down and ordered one. It's on Amazon Lightning Deals right now for $119 if anyone wants one.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Always wanted a Warm-Air Circulating dildo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Digital_Jesus posted:

Always wanted a Warm-Air Circulating dildo.

Some vaginas need to be "warmed up"

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Impalas peaked in '67. Great buy. 327?

Yessir, and a newly rebuilt 327at that. I don't think the numbers match, but that doesn't matter at all to me. She runs super well. Only problem was the door locks - since none of the keys I had would fit them, I couldn't drive it anywhere if I had to leave it, since I couldn't lock it. Dropped it off today to have the whole thing re-keyed. Should be ready tomorrow or Weds. Then it will be my daily driver, when not on the motorcycle. (which admittedly is often).

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Got myself a new bouyancy aid, a Yak Xipe 55N 2015 - my old one was a wee bit too small.

And a Bending Branches Sun Shadow Crank Evening wood touring yayak paddle - nice and ergonomic, doesn't gently caress up my wrists.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Kidney Stone posted:

And a Bending Branches Sun Shadow Crank Evening wood touring yayak paddle - nice and ergonomic, doesn't gently caress up my wrists.

At the sight of this, my $25 Canadian Tire paddle ran away making that "yipe yipe yipe" noise that injured cartoon dogs make.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I was like 99% sure that you forgot to post a description of the recurve bow you also bought.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I was like 99% sure that you forgot to post a description of the recurve bow you also bought.

I had that exact same thought. It looks exactly like an unstrung recurve.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's a multipurpose survival oar.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

I've been watching Boardwalk Empire, so now I feel like I have to know everything about early 1900's mob.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
New computer +

Now September needs to get here so I can get my new ultrawide screen monitor!

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Maybe it's a multipurpose survival oar.

I'm sure you could use it to beat somebody to death with (and it still wouldn't gently caress up my wrists)?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

A ticket to see John Cleese and Eric Idle in October.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Daimo posted:

I'd switch off the Internet if they'd make cars like that again.

That's a drat good looking car but something without airbags and crumple zones is a death trap at highway speeds.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Wax Dynasty posted:

That's a drat good looking car but something without airbags and crumple zones is a death trap at highway speeds.

Worth it to drive a car like that.

I just re-upped at iRacing.com because I like driving internet racecars. I saved half off the normal cost of $100/year, so I'll probably put that savings into buying four or five tracks when they do their next promotion in a few months. I've got most of the road tracks, but I just bought the Late Model stock car and I need to buy some ovals :shepspends:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

CaseFace McGee posted:

Worth it to drive a car like that.

I just re-upped at iRacing.com because I like driving internet racecars. I saved half off the normal cost of $100/year, so I'll probably put that savings into buying four or five tracks when they do their next promotion in a few months. I've got most of the road tracks, but I just bought the Late Model stock car and I need to buy some ovals :shepspends:

I'm a big Gran Turismo fan, is this anything like that or is it more simulation-y? Is GT dogshit compared to recent sims?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

colas posted:

I'm a big Gran Turismo fan, is this anything like that or is it more simulation-y? Is GT dogshit compared to recent sims?

If you want forgiving but still believable physics, and think graphics are more important than AI or netcode, you could try Project CARS on PC or console. If you want to be a big boy and drive something that actually drives like a real car with cutting-edge frame twist and contact patch physics models, then rFactor 2 might be for you. If you want to race against the best sim drivers in the world with some of the most accurate cars/tracks and some drat good netcode, then iRacing is pretty awesome as long as you have the cash for a wheel and all of the content for the series you want to compete in.

Or if you want to gently caress around in a beta-stage rally game, get DIRT Rally. It's a hoot.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

HaB posted:

1967 Chevy Impala SS Convertible

Just popping back in to say again how loving gorgeous that car is.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
A new monitor, since my crappy off-brand HP finally died after 6 years:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

blarzgh posted:

Just popping back in to say again how loving gorgeous that car is.

Honestly, this purchase makes me so much more jealous than all of the bape culture and woot fatigue posts from several months ago. So, so jealous.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 02:14 on Jun 19, 2015

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I miss the Woot Fatigue posts they were at least something different.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
New country, new wheels.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
I like the size of those tires.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

XCPuff posted:

I like the size of those tires.

Comically oversized, circus tires.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I like saying "MOAB" moab moab moab.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Those look like pretty standard 35" offroad tires for a Jeep though?

The real shame is that the wheel coverings got sawzall'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005