Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Literally the opposite of reality:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

this is kinda funny because i've heard that SC has a thing about how the confederate flag is not allowed to be at half-staff

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
In my country, I can put money in my bank account and then use it for purchases in any shop by swiping a card, without carrying large sums of cash. Does America not have that?

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

forbidden lesbian posted:

this is kinda funny because i've heard that SC has a thing about how the confederate flag is not allowed to be at half-staff

So wait, there are occasions where a US and/or state flag is at half mass, but the confederate flag can't be? Wouldn't that be putting it above the US? I don't get a lot of the flag obsession and rules and all that, but isn't there even a petty rule that national flags should be slightly higher than other flags to symbolize "supremacy" or whatever, so isn't that breaking flag law or something?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Shadeoses posted:

In my country, I can put money in my bank account and then use it for purchases in any shop by swiping a card, without carrying large sums of cash. Does America not have that?

No and that's why we need bitcoin today more than ever. There's just simply no alternative to carrying a loving ridiculous stack of cash in a shoebox around.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Shadeoses posted:

If someone wanted to open an account at a bank or credit union at their destination some money to deposit might be nice. Then again I've been in similar situations and I had a check to open the account with.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter because it isn't illegal to carry cash and civil forfeitures are unconstitutional bullshit.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Shadeoses posted:

Yes of course we do, but at the same time, does not using banks make you automatically guilty of a crime or suspicious?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cpt.Americant posted:

So wait, there are occasions where a US and/or state flag is at half mass, but the confederate flag can't be? Wouldn't that be putting it above the US? I don't get a lot of the flag obsession and rules and all that, but isn't there even a petty rule that national flags should be slightly higher than other flags to symbolize "supremacy" or whatever, so isn't that breaking flag law or something?

uh i don't know if there is a real "flag law" but i can honestly see SC putting the confed flag above all

i don't really think highly of any state that still flies that flag, in any capacity

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Kopijeger posted:

Looks dark brown with some lighter strands:

And certainly not as light as in the cartoon.
Unrelated to hair, those flags are the flag of Apartheid-era South Africa, and the flag of white-controlled Rhodesia (before it was Zimbabwe). So yeah.

Mr Jaunts posted:

Literally the opposite of reality:

Someone needs to stop shooting Satire, it's beyond dead and is now just a smear on the ground.

Hasters posted:

God I miss real fry bread. It was the one good thing about living in Arizona.
Navajo fry bread is loving delicious.:hfive:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

fade5 posted:

Unrelated to hair, those flags are the flag of Apartheid-era South Africa, and the flag of white-controlled Rhodesia (before it was Zimbabwe). So yeah.

Wow, he must really hate Christianity :foxnews:

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Is this real life?

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Why indeed.

quote:

:fuckoff:

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

*White supremacist shoots up a black church* "Dammit, these Race hustlers are gonna come down and make it all about race

*White man shoots an unarmed black men and is acquited* "Great, now those race hustlers are gonna come again and tell us about how America is racist

*White cops choke an unarmed black men to death* "Again, these race hustlers come. Will it ever stop?"

You'd think he might have noticed that there seems to be a lot of situations where race hustlers show up.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
Is Glenn published in any papers these days?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i'm gonna take a different tack then y'all and just point out that he's talking about people playing politics and stuff like that in a cartoon about a tragedy that isn't even a full day old

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

fade5 posted:

Navajo fry bread is loving delicious.:hfive:

Food unites across all barriers, especially when fried :yum:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

That Ramirez is just a reskin of another tragedy cartoon he did. And Siers seems to have gotten worse since he won the Pulitzer.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Sir Rolo posted:

Is Glenn published in any papers these days?

He has a stake in some cartoon syndication racket but for editorial cartoons it's completely up to the discretion of newsapers on whatever they want publish for whatever day.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pulitzer bait if there ever was any.

Can't wait until Mike Lester sprays his poo poo all over the place :shepicide:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation

"gently caress this guy, not for what he did but for the inevitable Al Sharpton response"

A cartoon drawn by a man who, when he hears about 9 people dying, his first thought is of how annoying the people who are sad about it will be

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Because the black community is different from America, you see. We can't just have something representing America mourning, no, it's the blacks AND America mourning. Seperate but equal, right Rameriz?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation

forbidden lesbian posted:

i'm gonna take a different tack then y'all and just point out that he's talking about people playing politics and stuff like that in a cartoon about a tragedy that isn't even a full day old

Also, he and everyone else are all too happy to play politics with tragedies when they can spin the tragedies to support their politics, SEE: years and years of Benghazi

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

McCoy coming out swinging with a strong contender for worst political cartoon this year.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Cpt.Americant posted:

So with that idea.. I put in some effort and I present, the ultimate political cartoon blank template:

Move over amateurs

, this is the true version of the edit several of you have made already

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"People are gonna make politics over this," -an rear end in a top hat's first response to the shooting.

Get Glenn a growing ironicat vomittimg forth smaller ironicats.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Hmm yes, this definitely offsets all the racist, xenophobic trash you've produced, Ramirez. You're also mourning the black men being gunned down by police, right?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Stroop There It Is posted:

Hmm yes, this definitely offsets all the racist, xenophobic trash you've produced, Ramirez. You're also mourning the black men being gunned down by police, right?
It's clearly one for his Pulitzer profile. Gotta get in his 20 a year. He's never been afraid to take advantage of tragedies to insincerely pull at heartstrings in order to get nominated for rewards.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Antlions posted:

Is this real life?

So many of these cartoons deserve the "mallet and 'gently caress off'" smily.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

It didn't though? It lowered every flag but the confederate one

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation

Fried Chicken posted:

It didn't though? It lowered every flag but the confederate one

Unless they lowered that one all the way to the ground and then threw it away I think the point still stands

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Cpt.Americant posted:

As of 2008 the flag isn't flown on the capital but in a pole in front of it, and only the General Assembly can set its level/take it down. This was to prevent some post-Obama governor from taking it down in some attempt to not be a white supremacist rear end in a top hat. As a result you get things line today where the GA does nothing and you get the American equivalent of the swastika flying above the state and national flag

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

this cartoon is good :smith:

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Hey Muir, go gently caress yourself!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Those lumpy children are gonna grow up feral at worst or incredibly maladjusted and stunted at best. :smith:

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Chard posted:

this cartoon is good :smith:

Yeah I agree. First one to point out what should be obvious, that this was a terrorist attack against black Americans, one in a long history of such attacks by the white majority. Sorry but gently caress anyone who cries about the senseless tragedy of it all. This tragedy had a sense, and that sense is the prejudice and hatred that still festers all over society, hatred that is stoked by these people.

I've been reading too much of the Freep thread maybe.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Sir Rolo posted:

Back to his roots, I see, with that gratuitous vegetable shot in the middle panel there. Hott. Also, I second your sentiment. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sir Rolo posted:

"Ah, the 'why' phase."
"No, the 'why' phase."

Speech bubbles denote speech, Muir, you loving idiot.

Also, is Muir Christian? I was under the impression that he was maybe agnostic, but just identified with right-wing Christianity's politics and fear of the other.

• Locked thread