Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

BAMMA prelims are starting/happening right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ws6_ZD6dPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I looked at the BAMMA card and got excited that this guy got over his problems and was finally fighting again:

but it's actually this guy:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Titan FC sealed the deal on broadcast rights with Fight Pass. To commemorate this momentous occassion, their next event will bring hundreds of thousands of subscribers the most fan-friendly main event in Titan history: Pat Healy vs. Mike Ricci.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I looked at the BAMMA card and got excited that this guy got over his problems and was finally fighting again:

but it's actually this guy:

gently caress. Paul Taylor was one of the first times I came to realize liking and rooting for pure strikers is usually a good way to end up heartbroken.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If I'm looking at his Facebook page correctly, Krazy Horse is out of jail and has signed a 2-year, 8 fight contract with King of the Cage.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206541145104459&set=a.1422058508566.2061298.1145800112&type=1

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

LobsterMobster posted:

If I'm looking at his Facebook page correctly, Krazy Horse is out of jail and has signed a 2-year, 8 fight contract with King of the Cage.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206541145104459&set=a.1422058508566.2061298.1145800112&type=1

drat, dude has fought for pride, affliction, pretty much EVERY b-league. And is now making $1k+1k

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
This is my favourite headline

http://deadspin.com/ken-shamrock-is-the-worlds-most-dangerous-can-1712237183

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

lol. brutal.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Bellator and Glory are going to do a joint show. Tito Ortiz will be on the card
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/18/8809315/spike-tv-planning-kickboxing-mma-hybrid-show-for-fall-glory-to

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Kimbo Slice (232.0) vs. Ken Shamrock (204.4)
(C) Patricio "Pitbull" Freire (144.9) vs. Daniel Weichel (144.5) *For featherweight title, Freire originally missed weight by 0.2 pounds.
Bobby Lashley (239.0) vs. Dan Charles (228.0)
Henry Corrales (144.9) vs. Daniel Straus (144.4)
Michael Chandler (155.6) vs. Derek Campos (152.5)

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Kimbo Slice has the exact same body that I do.

it's going to own

Also here's a pretty sweet quote from Patricio Freire:

I think he should come to UFC where he will be respected.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://vine.co/v/eieJVDBFTlJ

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
There's something ironic about missing this fight to see Jurassic World.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

There's something ironic about missing this fight to see Jurassic World.

Watch mad max instead

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN'S KNEES (between them)

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 19, 2015

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the glory/bellator show is apparently going to use "dynamite" branding. what the gently caress

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
K1 never die

actually it makes sense since coker promoted K1 USA

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I'm hoping this Kimbo Shamrock thing won't be as embarrassing as it almost certainly will be.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the glory/bellator show is apparently going to use "dynamite" branding. what the gently caress

Coker outdoing himself to get hosed over by a foreign promotion?

When strikeforce was in full swing, my most passionate desire was see the cohen brothers make a "burn after reading" style movie on MMA, where an assortment of morons and charlatans play scott coker for a fool endlessly, ultimately ending in tragedy. I still think they could make the definitive MMA movie.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Street Horrrsing posted:

Coker outdoing himself to get hosed over by a foreign promotion?

extremely doubtful since it seems glory have no involvement :ssh: i think they just like the name because coker is the ultimate sentimental old fool

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Triticum Guzzler posted:

The event should be held in an almost completely empty Los Angeles Coliseum for old time's sake.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

extremely doubtful since it seems glory have no involvement :ssh: i think they just like the name because coker is the ultimate sentimental old fool

It said it's going to use a Glory ring. Is Bellator just licensing the promotion's name and paying fighters for one night?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Seltzer posted:

It said it's going to use a Glory ring. Is Bellator just licensing the promotion's name and paying fighters for one night?

Seems they might actually be involved. It's tough to tell what's going on with Glory at the moment since it's a bit of a mess, money is tight, and their TV deal is up after the next event. Is the press release up somewhere?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Seems they might actually be involved. It's tough to tell what's going on with Glory at the moment since it's a bit of a mess, money is tight, and their TV deal is up after the next event. Is the press release up somewhere?

I'm just going off the link I posted.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/18/8809315/spike-tv-planning-kickboxing-mma-hybrid-show-for-fall-glory-to

Schilling will be there which rules. I hope he kickboxes and fights in one night.

e-

quote:

Glory to partner with Bellator

Is in the title

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Seltzer posted:

I'm just going off the link I posted.

Schilling will be there which rules. I hope he kickboxes and fights in one night.

e-

Is in the title

Oh, well then I'll dish the hot kickboxing politics scoopz:

I can't speak for higher up involvement from Glory, but I can tell you that their matchmaker (Cor Hemmers) isn't doing the matchmaking. Coker is running the show and has delegated matchmaking to someone he trusts from AKA (but it's not Bob Cook). Coker's wanted to get back into kickboxing for a while, and wants big name fighters for this show, not the stuff you've been seeing in Glory recently. This isn't just a recent whim, if anybody remembers the weird Badr Hari in Strikeforce idea.

There's a worry from certain corners that Spike will stay in the kickboxing game, but that they'll do so with Coker rather than Glory. We'll see whether that happens and whether the Glory brand/staff is retained later today.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

If McCarthy refs Kimbo/Ken, we are looking at a combined 144 years of life experience in that cage. Is this the oldest main event of all time?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Oh, well then I'll dish the hot kickboxing politics scoopz:

I can't speak for higher up involvement from Glory, but I can tell you that their matchmaker (Cor Hemmers) isn't doing the matchmaking. Coker is running the show and has delegated matchmaking to someone he trusts from AKA (but it's not Bob Cook). Coker's wanted to get back into kickboxing for a while, and wants big name fighters for this show, not the stuff you've been seeing in Glory recently. This isn't just a recent whim, if anybody remembers the weird Badr Hari in Strikeforce idea.

There's a worry from certain corners that Spike will stay in the kickboxing game, but that they'll do so with Coker rather than Glory. We'll see whether that happens and whether the Glory brand/staff is retained later today.

Someone explain to me how Coker got in bed with Bob Cook? AKA had a lot of say in Strikeforce signings and matchmaking and it appears Bellator is continuing with this. Is it a Cung Le thing?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Coker's wanted to get back into kickboxing for a while, and wants big name fighters for this show, not the stuff you've been seeing in Glory recently.

Sounds like Overeem just got a little more job security in the UFC. Can't imagine Zuffa wanted him as a free agent too much in the first place, but especially not if there's an idiot back in the mix who will give him too much of someone else's money to kickbox and do MMA again.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The UFC isn't cutting any heavyweights, injuries and a shallow division means you never get more than a handful of heavyweight fights on any given month, meanwhile there are about 500 lightweights on the roster.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

Someone explain to me how Coker got in bed with Bob Cook? AKA had a lot of say in Strikeforce signings and matchmaking and it appears Bellator is continuing with this. Is it a Cung Le thing?

Cook did the matchmaking for Coker's promotions I believe all the way back in the kickboxing days, until someone pointed out that this was bullshit when they had AKA fighters on every show and they hired Rich Chou as a professional fig leaf

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

My favorite thing was Sherdoggers referring to Rich Chou as a matchmaking genius when in fact he was just paid to stand around and take the heat for Bob Cook.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://bellator.com/video press conference live, hinting at japan

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
September 19th at what was formerly the HP Pavilion in San Jose:

Tito vs Liam McGeary main event Lol,

3 kickboxing fights

They're about to give Tito a microphone

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Tito Ortiz

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lol Coker is going back to the one night tournament well

King Mo, Manny Newton, Phil Davis, Linton Vassell, my cup runneth the frick over

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
4 man 1 night tournament with King Mo, Phil Davis, Emannuel Newton, & Linton Vassel

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Phil Davis is going to win a one-night Bellator tourney in the year of our lord 2015 and earn a title shot out of it, possibly against Tito Ortiz.

Light heavyweight is truly the deepest division

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lol that tournament is gonna cause them to run over their broadcast block.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
dynamite usa is back, baby!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol Coker is going back to the one night tournament well

King Mo, Manny Newton, Phil Davis, Linton Vassell, my cup runneth the frick over

l m a o

this owns though. loving OWNS