Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Here's some screenshots I got of a completely empty Gold Saucer. Also I guess this gives us time to watch the neat new opening cinematic? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Kwyndig posted:

Great idea YoshiP, let's instance the new areas so they don't get congested! The original areas, the ones that people will need to log into to actually get to the areas without congestion? Oh, those will be fine :v:

Coerthas Central is one of the instanced areas.

Also my character is trapped in the Invisible Void or something. Can't even edit her race.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

This is only Early Access, Tuesday should be fun.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Nekrews posted:

So you can now buy more than one Mini Cactpot ticket? Or has it always been like that?

Either way I just got 123 twice in a row holy poo poo.

That's new, it's 3 per day now

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

SpaceDrake posted:

Oh poo poo, did it eat my fantasia and maybe glitch out my character in a transient state between races? We'll find out I guess. :stare:

Yeah, I'm hoping everything went through okay at the very least. I can wait a bit to play!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

good news, launch is cancelled go to bed

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

If you can't log in, sit on the start screen for a while for a new movie. It has 2.5 storyline spoilers though if you haven't beaten it yet.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Creeping Chaos posted:

I can see my characters on Odin (Aether dataserver) but not on Excalibur. :v:

I just wanna play your game Yoshi!

{Same}, the non-Excalibur character I was playing during trial while waiting for Excalibur to open loads just fine.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Demicol posted:

If you can't log in, sit on the start screen for a while for a new movie. It has 2.5 storyline spoilers though if you haven't beaten it yet.

Is it the same as the video they showed at Fanfest?

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
Welp, picked this up in the Steam sale yesterday. Woke up early to try and create an Excalibur character, guess that's out of the question now. Didn't realize early access started today.

Creeping Chaos
Nov 15, 2012
Also if I got to Mogstation to see about name change my Excalibur characters are not listed there as options. Go Primal!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

fount of knowledge posted:

The very first one? It's a much longer version of that.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Well at least it's the shroud loading screen now instead of the generic one, progress!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
On the plus side, my characters are loading now.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Error 1014, but I'm a dragongirl now, at least.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
Everyone in Coerthas is going nuts, haha. I'm a bit jealous that I can't go along with them since I'm just starting 2.1 quests.

The first one I just finished gave me 5k exp and some i70 earrings.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Saigyouji posted:

Error 1014, but I'm a dragongirl now, at least.

Exactly my situation as well. Didn't expect I'd be 1014ing in loving Old Gridania of all places.

It is indeed the full version of the Opening Movie, with credits added.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
Guy in my fc did /playtime and got 451 days :psyduck:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i can only assume everyone on excal is getting 1014'd to which i applaud everyone and say congratulations!

we have dicked over the servers Xd

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
So on my steam DLC list, I have "Heavensward" and "Heavensward - Standard Edition", with the former marked as not installed, and the latter marked as installed.

What's up with that?

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
I can't get into the drat game, which is pretty well known at this point.

My question is, isn't there supposed to be a Heavensward title screen? I registered the product key that Amazon gave me, but didn't get an extra Early Access code.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

changed to my dragon man finally :swoon:

i'm soooo close to logging in.....

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mymla posted:

So on my steam DLC list, I have "Heavensward" and "Heavensward - Standard Edition", with the former marked as not installed, and the latter marked as installed.

What's up with that?

Ignore steam status for games with their own launcher, really.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009

It's the same as the trailer they released a few days ago.

Creeping Chaos
Nov 15, 2012

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

changed to my dragon man finally :swoon:

i'm soooo close to logging in.....

{Same.}

Also congratulations on your choice! Nice to see not everyone will be a princess.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Hempen Camise is...not what I was expecting.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Demicol posted:

That drat cinematic spoiled everything for me. That's what I get for walking away in defeat and coming back with renewed hope.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Forward_Bee posted:

That drat cinematic spoiled everything for me. That's what I get for walking away in defeat and coming back with renewed hope.

ABANDON YOUR FALSE GODS AND GO TO BED.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also question: I am logged in and can see my character (Space Dandy) on the character select screen for Excal but I can't see them on Mog Station so I don't want to apply my HW code for fear of her not getting items. How long do I have to wait for this to be fixed? Forever?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

i'm now getting a 1 second loading screen followed by world data unobtainable

which is better than it was 10 minutes ago which was no 1 second loading screen

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Who's ready for the inevitable refund campaign? Will these issues be able to temper initial butthurt into a negative fixation?

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

I managed to get a picture of the hempen camise/pantalettes on a dragongirl when logging in worked for like 3 minutes.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

dreffen posted:

ABANDON YOUR FALSE GODS AND GO TO BED.

AND LET YOU HAVE MY SLOT ON THE SERVER?! gently caress YOU.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
lmao, amazon still hasn't sent out everyone's early access codes

like people have copies of the game registered on mogstation but they can't access EA

I mean it doesn't really matter for the majority of servers but still, lmao

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Do you think the servers will calm down later today or should I just make every effort to not log off, lest I return to lobby hell? I haven't played through the 2.0 launch so I have no idea what to expect here.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

staplegun posted:

Do you think the servers would calming down later today or should I just make every effort to not log off, lest I return to lobby hell? I haven't played through the 2.0 launch so I have no idea what to expect here.

If you managed to get on, literally never log off for about the next week.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs on the Tonberry loading screen. The dfault loading screen.

Think I might be waiting a while.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?
Time to spam that "0" key on the numpad.

:suicide:

EDIT:As I post I get in.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

staplegun posted:

Do you think the servers will calm down later today or should I just make every effort to not log off, lest I return to lobby hell? I haven't played through the 2.0 launch so I have no idea what to expect here.

press escape and open character config or another menu

congrats, you won't log out

the only worry is destroying your cpu and gpu, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Luna Was Here posted:

also question: I am logged in and can see my character (Space Dandy) on the character select screen for Excal but I can't see them on Mog Station so I don't want to apply my HW code for fear of her not getting items. How long do I have to wait for this to be fixed? Forever?

YOU FUCKER
YOU LEFT ME AT THE ALTER

I can't get the drat quest off my list without you we need to get married already bro

• Locked thread