Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cole posted:

using an acog took the need for glasses away

Wearing glasses fucks with optics so much; if you need to wear them, you GOT to put your face in the same place every shot -- even with Aimpoints.

You can take some glasses, put them in front of a holo sight that's anchored down and has a perfect mechanical zero with a boresight (for the sake of the demonstration); move the glasses and watch the dot move around everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Never stops being funny watching the line of scrubfuck officers and SNCOs line up for an entire day trying to qual with ACOGs.

Cole posted:

using an acog took the need for glasses away

I just wore my contacts the entire time and my M-Frames loving vanished the second I got to my firing position. Safeties were always busy being butthurt about having to stand up there all day to hassle you about that poo poo.

But for real, unless you're shooting up a Korean mountain at a 45 degree angle or literally blind/retarded how the gently caress do people shoot so bad? You just chill, laying there and shoot poo poo. gently caress, I don't think I've ever qual'd below a 38 with a CCO.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The kneeling unsupported part of qualifying was loving horrible for me. God, the pain in my knees from staying in that position. I could set it aside while I had a task in front of me and never had a problem qualifying, the rest of that day was loving shot though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Just sit on your rear end then?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

not caring here posted:

Just sit on your rear end then?

Some graders are super dicks about that and will DQ your rear end.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
apply butt to left ankle

proceed to have stable base

e; alternatively wrap your sling around your non firing arm and then use your wrist to press up onto the bottom of your barrel to create tension so you don't have to just hold your weapon up

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 17, 2015

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Got an award for shooting, the first time I shot with my newly lasik'ed right eye which is baller 15/20. I hadn't shot for like a year and a half prior because I was always in the tower running the range. OIC 4 lyfe.

Yes it was a paper target. I really want to shoot a regular target but something tells me that the next time I fire it will be an M9..

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

White Chocolate posted:

Got an award for shooting, the first time I shot with my newly lasik'ed right eye which is baller 15/20. I hadn't shot for like a year and a half prior because I was always in the tower running the range. OIC 4 lyfe.

Yes it was a paper target. I really want to shoot a regular target but something tells me that the next time I fire it will be an M9..

man, it shouldn't take loving eyeball surgery to make people in the army this happy

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Cole posted:

man, it shouldn't take loving eyeball surgery to make people in the army this happy
I'd be a lot less unhappy if the Army didn't gently caress me out of eye surgery.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That's the one thing I tried to get in the army instead of being a good dumb grunt and shutting up, couldn't get it because they said my eyesight wasn't bad enough.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

NTT posted:

apply butt to left ankle

proceed to have stable base

e; alternatively wrap your sling around your non firing arm and then use your wrist to press up onto the bottom of your barrel to create tension so you don't have to just hold your weapon up

Shooting wasn't the issue. Like I said I didn't have a problem qualifying. The issue was all the running loving up any joints from the waist on down making shooting in that position really painful on my knees. Did it, just sucked for the rest of the day every time.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I was too young for lasik when I was in.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/06/18/unit-promotes-no-patch-badge-rule-in-training/28927601/

l
m
f
a
o

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

owned

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

"NCO's would walk in the dayroom as the whole company was there and would say, 'Anyone without a combat patch start pushing' and I would be the ONLY guy getting smoked in front of everyone else for an hour," he said. "This was the start of hazing over the next few months that led to overuse injuries, assault, and sexual assault ... and almost death."

holy

fuckin

lol

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

:vince:

I am so, so loving glad I'm out of the Army. Holy poo poo.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

So loving happy to not be around for peacetime Army. gently caress that noise.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

The Rat posted:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The Rat posted:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Anyone without a combat patch suck my dick from the back

qtiyd

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Anyone without a CIB is probably not retarded like me

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I know one dude in my unit got a CAB for sleeping in an MRAP when a sniper took a potshot at it.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

quote:

"While we are all proud of our individual accomplishments, when training in the field, we're building a team and do not need to focus, or be distracted, by our own or others' individual accomplishments," said Maj. Kevin Boyd, spokesman for the 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team.

Sounds like somebody read a new management book or something. :gay:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I've reached that point in the Army where I do the bare minimum to get by and try to blend into the background until my IRR transfer goes through.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

psydude posted:

I've reached that point in the Army where I do the bare minimum to get by and try to blend into the background until my IRR transfer goes through.

That point for me was day 0 of BCT.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
4 ID: still dumb all these years later.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The only reason to be mad about someone taking your 15 pieces of flair is if you've already sown the fucks on and now have to buy another uniform that will straight away be a field uniform.

The people who care most about badges and poo poo are usually the most insufferable, useless pricks imaginable. For a while I had the chillest section sergeant ever, never knew he had ranger and airborne until the CO came downstairs and blew him up for not wearing his ranger flair. He still didn't put it on.

That's my story about flair, thanks for listening.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm more laughing at the butt hurt poo poo heads that are going to be running the poo poo-show now. They've been hiding in TRADOC or some other CONUS job, absolutely desperate to not be in the real Army doing any actual missions and sucking the dick of anything that comes into their field of vision with rank. Now they're in control and people half their rank rightfully look at them like they're worthless pieces of poo poo and this is the only response they have.

Peace time Army y'all, Chandler was only the beginning.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

the next day and my response isn't any different

lmfaooooooo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Anyone without a combat patch suck my dick from the back

qtiyd

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

not caring here posted:

The only reason to be mad about someone taking your 15 pieces of flair is if you've already sown the fucks on and now have to buy another uniform that will straight away be a field uniform.

The people who care most about badges and poo poo are usually the most insufferable, useless pricks imaginable. For a while I had the chillest section sergeant ever, never knew he had ranger and airborne until the CO came downstairs and blew him up for not wearing his ranger flair. He still didn't put it on.

That's my story about flair, thanks for listening.

I almost made a dumb post again because my neanderthal infantry brain read "flair" as exclusively combat patch and CIB. I understand and can appreciate not giving a gently caress about school badges and poo poo. I would have fought a motherfucker who tried to tell me to remove my combat patch and CIB though, that poo poo is about a buttload of buddies I fought with who died, and my rear end almost getting killed by a sniper shot so suck my loving dick from the back, douche rear end nobles who sat in loving tradoc for the past decade plus.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mike-o posted:

I almost made a dumb post again because my neanderthal infantry brain read "flair" as exclusively combat patch and CIB. I understand and can appreciate not giving a gently caress about school badges and poo poo. I would have fought a motherfucker who tried to tell me to remove my combat patch and CIB though, that poo poo is about a buttload of buddies I fought with who died, and my rear end almost getting killed by a sniper shot so suck my loving dick from the back, douche rear end nobles who sat in loving tradoc for the past decade plus.

i never wore any flair on my uniform because i was too lazy to put it on and hey, anybody can get shot at, but telling me i can't because it'll boost the morale of junior enlisted just means i would probably stack every badge i had on my uniform out of spite.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cole posted:

i never wore any flair on my uniform because i was too lazy to put it on and hey, anybody can get shot at, but telling me i can't because it'll boost the morale of junior enlisted just means i would probably stack every badge i had on my uniform out of spite.

This is the crux of how I feel and I don't even have half the credit y'all do.

Army spends so much time making you do poo poo for dumb points and patches, it should be up to the dude who rates it to decide. It's the most retarded thing they could do for morale.

:carepost:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
if i can't have a trophy guess what bitch nobody can have one

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mike-o posted:

See, I agree with this, but I know of a ton of motherfuckers who got CABs and CIBs and even purple hearts and all that other poo poo because they sucked enough dick for a write up for it. And because there are so many of them around, I think it cheapens it for the dudes who really were into an assload of poo poo. So I'm of the opinion that gently caress it, army couldn't be trusted to treat these things with just the slightest amount of respect? Take it away. Strip everything off until there's nothing but a name tag and a rank. No US ARMY, no flag, no unit patches, no skill identifiers, no stupid berets, no nothing. And everyone can wear it as a badge of shame until the army can be trusted with it again, ie. never.

It'd probably have the added benefit of if you don't get another piece of flair on your uniform, if you really wanted to do air assault or something there'd be plenty of slots available for school.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress those people, but more importantly suck my dick from the back, Army. FYGM I'm out. Don't need to be letting myself get all borderline angry facebook vet.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
this whole thing reminds me:

gently caress you if you're still in

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Fucitol posted:

gently caress you if you're still in

-Everyone E-9/O-6 and above

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

psydude posted:

9 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mike-o posted:

I mean I get this and all, but badges aren't immune to gayness. Look at how many people have CABs and CIBs from working in the TOC and taking a single round of IDF 50m away over a HESCO. Meanwhile, my medic couldn't be awarded a CMB despite trying desperately to save a dude with a sucking back wound while he himself was wounded because we weren't technically assigned to a combat arms unit at the time, we were just working with them (the dude died while they were transporting him to thr FST).

• Locked thread