Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Welp, I got in, played mini cactpot and then got 90k'ed about what I expected for launch day. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Well I managed to enjoy about 10 minutes before the game exploded and now the lobby server cannot stop making GBS threads its pants long enough to even put me back in a queue.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
do you think it will be better or worse in 8 hours

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Seems square enix under estimated how many pre-orders they'd be getting.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

cat doter posted:

Seems square enix under estimated how many pre-orders they'd be getting.

gb2 the gb thread

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

that was a fun 2 minutes :thumbsup:

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

dreffen posted:

oh my

god

becky

look at her armor

This is a song reference, right? I can't think of what song/band right now tho and it's driving me crazy.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Well, back to grinding Triple Triad in FF8

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Munion posted:

This is a song reference, right? I can't think of what song/band right now tho and it's driving me crazy.

smh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrP-0EbreuE

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Munion posted:

I like big helmets and I cannot lie.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Huh, my install size is still too small to have actually downloaded Heavensward, and also the intro movie didn't change nor the splash screen.

Looks about right! I'm kinda glad I'm going away this weekend, everything is just as on fire as I expected.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
More like Final Fantasy 1014, am I right?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Grondoth posted:

Huh, my install size is still too small to have actually downloaded Heavensward, and also the intro movie didn't change nor the splash screen.

Looks about right! I'm kinda glad I'm going away this weekend, everything is just as on fire as I expected.

You either didn't register your early access code or you opted out of Heavensward install

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
So, like everyone else, I can't get in. But every time I get a 2002, 'The lobby server has encountered an error', it closes down the client, and I have to sign in again. I don't mind the servers being down, that's what I get for trying to login on expansion day, but it's just a pain in the rear end.

Is it too much to ask to just put me back at the title screen so I can try again?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Minrad posted:

You either didn't register your early access code or you opted out of Heavensward install

I patched yesterday, before I had an early access code cause Amazon didn't send it yet. I bet that did it. I wonder how to undo that...

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Meatball posted:

So, like everyone else, I can't get in. But every time I get a 2002, 'The lobby server has encountered an error', it closes down the client, and I have to sign in again. I don't mind the servers being down, that's what I get for trying to login on expansion day, but it's just a pain in the rear end.

Is it too much to ask to just put me back at the title screen so I can try again?

yes

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Grondoth posted:

I patched yesterday, before I had an early access code cause Amazon didn't send it yet. I bet that did it. I wonder how to undo that...

You have to do both patches. One is for base game and jobs and poo poo, the other is all of the actual expansion content like Ishgard, new cutscenes, music, etc. Just punch in your EA code and you're set, whenever the gently caress Amazon sends it, else wait til the 23rd. :v:

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Meatball posted:

Indeed. I should make a note to take off my one-time password for the time being because I expect an encore performance come the 23rd.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Minrad posted:

You have to do both patches. One is for base game and jobs and poo poo, the other is all of the actual expansion content like Ishgard, new cutscenes, music, etc. Just punch in your EA code and you're set, whenever the gently caress Amazon sends it, else wait til the 23rd. :v:

Hoo boy. I wonder if I screwed myself here. I put in the code amazon gave me in, but as an expansion. That worked. However, as an early access code that one doesn't work(says it's already been redeemed), nor is there another code. Or maybe they screwed up. Either way, I'm glad I'm not gonna be worrying about this much.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Grondoth posted:

Hoo boy. I wonder if I screwed myself here. I put in the code amazon gave me in, but as an expansion. That worked. However, as an early access code that one doesn't work(says it's already been redeemed), nor is there another code. Or maybe they screwed up. Either way, I'm glad I'm not gonna be worrying about this much.

There was a separate pre-order code you should have gotten.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

SE Posted posted:

We have confirmed that players are currently having a difficult time connecting to the game servers due to extreme congestion. In order to prevent any further large-scale issues, we are connecting players in the order that the request was received.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing, and thank you for your understanding.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Fridurmus posted:

We have confirmed that players are currently having a difficult time connecting to the game servers due to extreme congestion.

Ya think?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Veev posted:

There was a separate pre-order code you should have gotten.

I figured, but there's only one code there. Which is leaning towards amazon getting it wrong and giving me the expansion code early instead of the early access code, especially since I can't use it in the square website.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 19, 2015

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

What does that even mean?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Its times like this where I regret having the authenticator.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Some of y'all have been sitting here refreshing a page for an hour and 15 minutes straight.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

fount of knowledge posted:

Some of y'all have been sitting here refreshing a page for an hour and 15 minutes straight.

Hey buddy, thanks to this forum I've been refreshing MULTIPLE pages. :)

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

VanillaGorilla posted:

What does that even mean?

Yeah, I was under the impression that was the standard behavior for the game servers so... what're they saying here?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

sometimes, in my darkest moments, I shitpost

Kuai
May 25, 2004
The "queue" is a joke and you simply can cancel it out and re-enter the world and it will just let you skip to the front half the time.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

youve been posting on an internet forum since 2007

which is worse here hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm`????????????????????????????????

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Fridurmus posted:

Yeah, I was under the impression that was the standard behavior for the game servers so... what're they saying here?

I think they're just saying things to be communicative at this point. There's nothing you can really do after the fact to fix this kind of problem, so you just have to make it look like you're doing something while the massive rush peters out naturally over time.

Aug
Sep 8, 2004

Got Smuff?
Is there a way to not have it force close the launcher every time?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

dreffen posted:

youve been posting on an internet forum since 2007

which is worse here hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm`????????????????????????????????

makes u think

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Aug posted:

Is there a way to not have it force close the launcher every time?

FF14 has the worst launcher.

No save password, no auto login, no auto start game :(

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I ground out a Zeta I can grind out this :colbert:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

More lies from internet liar Yoshi P.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Working perfectly for me on Goblin server, but I just jinxed it I bet :(

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This is going to be hilarious during Tuesday primetime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus